Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:43 (Ref:315590)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Another DC rumour?

According to F1-Live, John Watson has said that, dispite DC's claim that he has been retained by McLaren for next year, he (Watson) has said that he's been told that DC won't be there next year, what do you all think?

I personally think he will be replaced by Nick Heidfeld. It can't be denied that DC has had two good results in the last two races, i don't personally see him as the future of McLaren.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:47 (Ref:315592)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep , i agree with you Mr V

Nick in the Mclaren with Kimi next year.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 18:47 (Ref:315593)   #3
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Nick is?

DC should move on and use his experience to help Toyota or Jaguar to the top. McLaren does not treat him like he deserves. Ron's comments after Monaco were insulting after such a one of a kind performance fron DC in a car that is way bellow par.
Old 17 Jun 2002, 20:13 (Ref:315654)   #4
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns06474.html

This column gives the why not of the whole thing. But despite the reasonings of the author, I still think that DC is finished after this season.

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

"Silly season keeps getting sillier."

The same site thinks Mika could be the man, but at Kimi's expense. So who knows?

Next will be JV.....I wish!

I really think that after 7 years, DC's welcome has about worn out at McLaren. He just doesn't have the right kind of relationship with Ron to carry on. It's likely Toyota or Jag for David in '03. We will likely hear every other possibility before the year is out as well.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 01:06 (Ref:315790)   #5
kwd
Racer

kwd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Michael should retire this year how bout DC in a Ferrari?
Old 18 Jun 2002, 02:13 (Ref:315802)   #6
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope DC's there next year.. if Mclarens drop him then that would be a big mistake.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 02:33 (Ref:315808)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mika won't be back next year. IMO it's a way to get DC out so Heidfeld can get in the car (or so I hope anyway).

DC has often been linked to Jaguar, but I doubt he'd go there as they are pathetic. Toyota might be a good place to head to, but do they want him?
Old 18 Jun 2002, 10:33 (Ref:315958)   #8
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DC should get over to Toyota double-quick, before Alex Wurtz gets his revenge and jumps in there first.

How about Wurtz and Fisi at Toyota - I'd love to see that.
Old 18 Jun 2002, 12:21 (Ref:316047)   #9
Jack racer
Racer

Jack racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fizi and dc not a bad combo. I am looking forward to the future of toyota in F1 I think they will rock.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 13:59 (Ref:317639)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The classic rebuttal has swiftly been launched by Norbert Haug:
Quote:
‘There's still plenty of time left and we will not be forced into making any decision.’
That doesn't mean a whole lot to me - and this is precisely the kind of situation that left Alex Wurtz high and dry... He was strung along until it was too late to get a drive elsewhere. F1 is a cut-throat biz, esp. at Ron Dennis level. If we lose one or more teams and much of the seat-swapping occurs in a flurry, DC could very well be left wondering how he managed to end up with so little!

Bearing in mind that... Fisi is making do with a Jordan and must surely be in a top four car soon; Wurtz would be a very attractive option for virtually any team (Toyota would love a bit of inside info, together with a younger, fiestier driver); Alonso is very highly thought of and must surely be racing soon - you can go on and on. It's ultra competitive out there.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 05:57 (Ref:318049)   #11
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Coulthard insists he is staying at McLaren next season despite suggestions he should end his six years with the team.
The Scot's future has been the subject of recent speculation with McLaren boss Ron Dennis refusing to confirm his 2003 line-up.

Coulthard settles for second best

It was further fuelled by remarks from former McLaren driver John Watson in a Sunday newspaper that Coulthard should move to Toyota.

Watson argued that Coulthard would become "cannon-fodder" for young Finnish team mate Kimi Raikkonen if he stayed on.

Old guys

But Coulthard rejected any idea of leaving, ahead of this weekend's European Grand Prix at the Nurburgring in Germany.

"I talked to Ron in the week," Coulthard said on Thursday.

"My position with the team is clear but the team are going to wait to make an announcement once the other position is clarified or something like that.

"Old guys are old guys," was Coulthard's response to Watson's intervention in the debate.

Coulthard angers Barrichello

Coulthard has been at McLaren since 1996 and spent six seasons alongside Finland's Mika Hakkinen before Raikkonen arrived this year.

Two-time world champion Hakkinen is officially on a year's sabbatical and has not yet decided whether he wants to return to McLaren or retire from the sport.

Raikkonen's reputation for being very fast is countered by the rough edges evident in his driving.

The Finn has scored seven points this year, while Coulthard has 26 after a victory in Monaco and a second-place finish in Montreal in the last two races.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 06:23 (Ref:318054)   #12
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watson is an idiot. I'm not a DC fan, but DC stays were he is: at McLaren, together with Kimi.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 07:31 (Ref:318074)   #13
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crash and burn: I don't think at all that the points difference currently between the to McLaren drivers is a fair reflection of each driver's performances so far this season.

Kimi has ouqualified and outdriven Coulthard more often than not. Had he had half-decent mechanical reliability he would have been pretty close to second in the championship - a lack of fuel at his pitstop in Canada was a particularly cruel way to lose what would have ben second.

Coulthard is not world championship material. Raikkonen, potentially, is. Likewise Heidfeld. How about KR and NH at McLaren next year with Hakkinen coming back and helping with testing and development duties? Just a thought ...