Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 20 Jun 2002, 20:18 (Ref:317827)   #1
Tom Fuller
Racer

Northern Ireland
Essex, UK
Tom Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Forum Ideas?

Ok if this is a ten-tenths moderator or administrator please don't bite my head off! i just wanted to start a thread where people could suggest new forums.

You haven't got an F3000 forum, surprisingly, and I suggest a games forum and a birthday forum.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 20:29 (Ref:317833)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Single Seater Forum covers F3000 I believe.
Games forum? Isn't they're one already, called the Gravel Trap I believe ?
a Birthday Forum !!! Sorry but that's just taking the biscuit mate
Old 20 Jun 2002, 20:41 (Ref:317841)   #3
Tom Fuller
Racer

Northern Ireland
Essex, UK
Tom Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only trying to suggest some things here!
Old 20 Jun 2002, 20:52 (Ref:317851)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
That's ok Tom, we don't mind suggestions. F3000 is indeed covered by Single Seaters Forum. A seperate forum is something we have thought about but it's debatable that there would be enough posts to justify it.

By 'Games' I assume you mean word games/quizes etc rather than computer games, which live in Armchair Enthusiast. As I'm sure you are aware than has been discussed in the Gravel Trap recently, but is not something we will be persuing. Remember this is primarily a motorsports discussion site.
Old 20 Jun 2002, 22:46 (Ref:317911)   #5
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
an exclusive 'adult' forum only for 18 and above .... Just Kidding.

Last edited by freud; 20 Jun 2002 at 22:47.
Old 21 Jun 2002, 07:07 (Ref:318065)   #6
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what happened to the speedway forum? I was reading the 1st 10/10ths newsletter a few days ago, and i was wondering...

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 21 Jun 2002, 08:03 (Ref:318084)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The speedway forum was cancelled due to lack of interest.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 22:09 (Ref:319220)   #8
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Posts on speedway would be welcome in the Bike Racing Forum though.
Old 22 Jun 2002, 22:50 (Ref:319251)   #9
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My pet dream is still to see a models/diecasts/kits subdivision to the Armchair Enthusiasts forum. I put in a note this week about diecast models, and almost immediately it got knocked off the top by four threads about video games.

I really am convinced that we have two very separate audiences there, and that the posts relating to the one hobby are regarded as so much static by the adherents to the other.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 09:17 (Ref:319443)   #10
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
My pet dream is still to see a models/diecasts/kits subdivision to the Armchair Enthusiasts forum. I put in a note this week about diecast models, and almost immediately it got knocked off the top by four threads about video games.

I really am convinced that we have two very separate audiences there, and that the posts relating to the one hobby are regarded as so much static by the adherents to the other.
I agree - it would be worth having a separte model section....
Old 23 Jun 2002, 09:44 (Ref:319454)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The problem is, from what I've gathered, is that there has to be enough posts to make having a new thread viable. No point opening one up if there is only a couple of posts a week.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 12:23 (Ref:320332)   #12
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea how difficult this would be but if it is possible it could be quite a good compromise to all the debate about whether or not forums should be split. Each thread could have an associated topic from a short pre-determined list to be decided by the moderators. For example the list for the gravel trap might include something like word games, birthday/party threads, general sports, word games, current affairs, TV and films. Formula 1 could have topics like current drivers, past drivers, constructors, last race and past races. Then users could filter to only read threads on the topic they are interested in if they are not interested in all of them. Therefore you don’t actually have to split the forums but people can quickly find threads of the type they are looking for. Also maybe you could have personal user options where you can set rules like say, automatically ignore all word game threads or whatever although that could be getting a bit complicated.

There might be a problem of getting thread starters to comply but maybe the moderators could assign the topic. Just an idea but I think it’s a good one!
Old 24 Jun 2002, 19:48 (Ref:320654)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Essentially, you're talking about subforums, right? I'm not sure about that... it would be something completely different from the forum infrastructure we have today. It would also mean having to view a lot more pages to see all the topics in one main forum. Hm... I can't say I would support this idea, but thanks for providing us with your thoughts. Suggestions are always welcome.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 22:23 (Ref:320804)   #14
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do notice on some other forums using the same software as here that they put their thread title then select a sort of sub title for it. For example you could have categories in which to put them like Nostalgia etc.
Old 24 Jun 2002, 22:35 (Ref:320811)   #15
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
That only really works if the sub-forum topics are significantly different. To take F1 example who often does a thread that starts about a past driver become a thread about a current driver and then a thread about a current race etc etc.

I agree with Tim that a seperate [die-cast/RC/slotcar] models sub-forum would be nice. It's been suggested before but it seems there just aren't enough posters interested.
Old 25 Jun 2002, 09:16 (Ref:321082)   #16
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really sub-forums, no. If your going to that you might as well have completely separate forums as far as I can see. More a different way of sorting the threads within a forum. You can sort a forum by thread starter at the moment for example. Perhaps something more useful would be to sort by topic so say in the single seater forum you could easily find all F3000 topics. What the actual topics are is not really up to me. F1 was probably a bad example Maybe it would be best to use them where there are clearly separate audiences for a forum but not enough posts to justify separate forums.