Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Oct 2002, 16:04 (Ref:413350)   #1
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato and Ant to switch places?

Read this mess at Planet-F1.

Ant has been considered for a role as BAR tester but so has Sato since hes Hondas main guy (for now). BUT, theres now talk of Ant taking Satos 75% gauranteed Jordan seat in 2003. Honda might pay off EJ in the same way that Brother has but theyre much less optimistic at this point.

And wheres Irvine in all of this? Probably retired.

ps. Jordan is screwed anyway without those Honda engines. Mid-fielders again.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 16:24 (Ref:413375)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hold up....so who would be giving Ant the money to take to Jordan ?......im sure this is rubbish , but in saying that if anyone is going to take Sato's seat ....Ant is someone who deserves his chance the most.....but i really dont think it makes any sense at all from Jordans point of view unless Ant has got many millions of dollars to give to EJ.

Last edited by Sato san; 25 Oct 2002 at 16:30.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 17:21 (Ref:413438)   #3
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Sato and Ant to switch places?

Quote:
Originally posted by JonesF1

I don't know about that- there's not that much wrong with the Cosworth- most of Jaguar's troubles have been chassis-related, and I'm sure I've read that the Jag V10 is reckoned to compare pretty well with it's rivals in terms of bhp- and let's face it, it can't be much less reliable than this year's Hondas have been.....

OK, I don't see Jordan winning races with it, but if next year's car is up to scratch, I can certainly see them in contention to score points fairly regularly- it could be worse....

As to this Sato/Davidson situation, the only thought that comes to mind is that Benson & Hedges might be willing to stump up more money to have a British driver on board (or EJ's got a sponsor lined up who want to back a Brit...), but would rather see it spent on backing a young up & coming driver than increasing Irv's bank balance.....- unless Honda are keen to keep Sato in the fold and are offering Davidson in exchange?

Last edited by KA; 25 Oct 2002 at 17:23.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 19:45 (Ref:413553)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davidson deserves a chance for sure.....and i dont think he would let EJ down at all.....but then EJ has got to start all over again with another young driver and go all through the pain barrier again .

as for ....quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i dont think they would have been up the front even if they had of had Honda engines next year .
Old 25 Oct 2002, 20:31 (Ref:413598)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Sato and Ant to switch places?

Quote:
I don't believe that the Honda engines are any better (in terms of speed) than the Fords, But the Fords have better reliability.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 20:36 (Ref:413607)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honda are better in HP's (about 850 HP against Ford's 820 HP) but lack reliability...

But that's a HP figure from 2001, don't know the 2002 ones...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 25 Oct 2002 at 20:37.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 20:54 (Ref:413630)   #7
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
i think EJ will be resonably happy with the Ford engines..afterall he's had a very poor year with the Honda anyway .
Old 25 Oct 2002, 21:04 (Ref:413645)   #8
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not so poor really, Jaguar had it REALLY poor...
Toyota wasn't impressive either...
And Minardi, but then again... where they ever impressive ?

Maybe sometimes with Martini, but thats it...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 25 Oct 2002 at 21:06.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 21:28 (Ref:413667)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
Not so poor really, Jaguar had it REALLY poor...
quite true.......point taken !
Old 26 Oct 2002, 03:25 (Ref:413806)   #10
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats in it for Sato? I am sure he would be really disappointed in testing again. He needs to be in races, that is the only way I see him improving his race performances. Then again this it JV's last year coming up at BAR so Sato may be in good shape.

As usual Honda has high hopes for next years motor. Supposedly it is completely new (again). Geoff Willis seems confident too in his statements... "I have created the BMW Williams F1 car and I have now created the all new BAR005 chassis. I have seen what went wrong with the 2002 BMW Williams so I made sure I did not repeat the same mistakes and transmit them to the BAR005. Next year, with Honda backing us 100%, we will probably be the biggest surprise out there. On the new Honda V10 engine, the only thing being carried over from the old version is the Honda logo".

Still I dont know if that is worth missing a year of racing even if it is with Jordan.
Old 26 Oct 2002, 06:40 (Ref:413837)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
if it meant a one year step down then thats not so bad , but Neil is right , Sato needs to be driving next year , .he learnt the lessons from this year . Now he needs to put into a good solid championship season...

i know i keep repeating myself here.....but thats what Takuma has said was his game plan from the start ....push like mad in year 1 and make the mistakes....and then use the experience to put on a solid fast year 2 . ( MAXIMUM ATTACK ! )
Old 26 Oct 2002, 07:09 (Ref:413841)   #12
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As for Sato, it looks like EJ may be trying to deal him to toyota again. This may of course be a ploy to extort more money from Honda, but this is the way to do it. the loss of face (not to mention domestic sales) for Honda if TS goes to Toyota is going to be worth them getting the cheque book out. i think that Sato is genuinly attached to his team of engineer who in turn are attached to him. If TS is to make an impact i think he will need a year of stability.

I also read that Brother are going to personaly sponser TS, Im sure that EJ gets a cut of that, if not Sato should hand it over anyway if it would secure the drive. As time goes by im more convinced that TS will remain, because for 1 thing there is no incentive for EJ to push him out. If eddie can get him to sign a 1 year extension if times are hard he could always sell him on next year........

Last edited by bosch!; 26 Oct 2002 at 07:10.
Old 26 Oct 2002, 09:51 (Ref:413885)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
This is about as sensible as the rubbish that I post.
Old 26 Oct 2002, 12:43 (Ref:413979)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bosch ..im with you on that one !
Old 27 Oct 2002, 08:35 (Ref:414512)   #15
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
This is about as sensible as the rubbish that I post.
I modeled my style on you VB
Old 27 Oct 2002, 08:44 (Ref:414519)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by bosch!
I modeled my style on you VB
OMG! Be careful mate, he modeled himself on AMoffat
Old 27 Oct 2002, 09:21 (Ref:414540)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
OMG! Be careful mate, he modeled himself on AMoffat
No Wrex - nobody else could want to be that dumb.

I think that we are all guseeing what is going to happen witht eh few vacant seats that are available in F1 for rotation purposes.
I have said this before, it all depends on Eddie Irv, and of course whether Arrows or its successor will exist next year.