Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

View Poll Results: Should the Production class be seperate?
Yes 5 38.46%
No 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21 Jun 2003, 15:18 (Ref:638500)   #1
the_tsar
Racer

the_tsar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Production Class

Does Anyone here think that the production class should be a seperate race. I think it has done its job and would benefit from being seperate but staying on with the Toca tour package.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:04 (Ref:638535)   #2
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No - 6 cars would not be much of a race at the moment.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:07 (Ref:638541)   #3
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there would be more cars entered as it would be cheaper as a stand alone championship with just one race rather than 2 long races!
Old 21 Jun 2003, 16:25 (Ref:638560)   #4
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe... but at the moment there just isn't any side-by-side racing, which is probably a result of so few cars. Bring back the NSC!
Old 21 Jun 2003, 17:00 (Ref:638590)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Couldn't agree more, cos. TOCA should have done the decent thing last winter and done everything they could to revitalise the production class - starting by returning it to what it should be - an independant championship contested by everyone from rich amateurs to aspiring drivers. Instead it retained it to prop up its ailing touring class.

If (when?) the NSC (or BPCC as I am led to believe it will be called) is reformed there is a glut of quality machinery out there which will be eligable and competitive. However it will really need a kick start to get things up and running again - let's hope that Mr Gow is as keen on re-establishing this brilliant series as he is on the tourers.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 20:08 (Ref:638677)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Alan's got enough on his plate without looking after an "nsc" type series too! It needs to be totally seperated from the BTCC - it could go back to the F3 GT weekends - and I'm sure it'd be something that run along nicely so long as there was some good organisation to get it going again.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 20:15 (Ref:638678)   #7
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with the idea of the BPCC, but If it happens I would like to see it stay with the TOCAtour package. Maybe give Westie control of that series and use it as a feeder series to the BTCC.
Old 21 Jun 2003, 20:19 (Ref:638680)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Given TOCA stiffed the NSC in order to prop up the BTCC I think the least they can do is to continue to support the production class as it is now known. The question is - will they do the decent thing?
Old 21 Jun 2003, 21:11 (Ref:638703)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Decent and "in the interests of TOCA" are two different things. Can't always afford to be nice.
Old 22 Jun 2003, 20:23 (Ref:639370)   #10
the_tsar
Racer

the_tsar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The production class is great to watch even today at Raockingham with that battle for 3rd place, I was watching that more than the rest of the field. It would be great to see it like it was in 2001 again.