Closed Thread

Old 19 Aug 2003, 11:57 (Ref:692107)   #1
perminder
Racer

United Kingdom
in my house
perminder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf's hearing to be Televised

According to reports Ralf Schu's Hearing is to be televised.

Does anyone know when it will be broadcast?
Old 19 Aug 2003, 12:00 (Ref:692111)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It will be on RTL, I think. I also heard it would be live! Sounds quite dull - although I suppose the openness is something (or not).

Last edited by Adam43; 19 Aug 2003 at 12:02.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 14:33 (Ref:692278)   #3
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is part of the text of a story about ralfs appeal and it was tagged on at the end.

"If the appeal fails, and an announcement either way will not be made until tomorrow afternoon, then Ralf will lose ten places on the grid at the Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend. He may also be penalised for wasting the FIA's time."

I find it hard to comprehend. are the FIA saying that Adriver is allowed to appeal but only under threat of further punishment.

eddited for non-F1 comment.

Last edited by Adam43; 20 Aug 2003 at 07:27.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 14:49 (Ref:692298)   #4
Cobra
Racer

Perminder
I know that it is being filmed by RTL Television GmbH and is to be broadcast today, but from the sound of it it will be shown in Germany.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 16:20 (Ref:692372)   #5
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello explained events from his perspective, "My start was good and I saw Ralf to my right. Then I noticed that Kimi was suddenly on my left and then I saw Ralf coming across in front of me and I could only brake and hope we wouldn't collide."

"The way I see it Ralf drove into my car," Barrichello added

Ouch...
Old 19 Aug 2003, 16:34 (Ref:692384)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra
"He may also be penalised for wasting the FIA's time."

I find it hard to comprehend. are the FIA saying that Adriver is allowed to appeal but only under threat of further punishment.
This has been the case for ages. Remember Irvine's 1 race ban becoming 3 after appealing. It is standard practice to discourage pointless appeals.
Old 19 Aug 2003, 16:54 (Ref:692401)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
"The way I see it Ralf drove into my car," Barrichello added

Ouch...
Autosport gives a similar quote, but one that is a bit less against Ralf, more covering his own innocence:
Quote:
"I tried to take avoiding action," said Barrichello. "I braked and moved a little bit. I didn't drive into Ralf. He hit me."
http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=24262&s=5

I agree totally with Kimi (quote from the same Autosport story)
Quote:
McLaren star Raikkonen rejected suggestions from Williams chief operations engineer Sam Michael that he could have avoided the accident by moving over onto the 90cm of green-painted concrete that was just beyond the edge of the track.

"I didn't want to drive off the course because that is not the best route," said the Finn.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 00:39 (Ref:692751)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will it turn into an episode of Jerry Springer?

'I told you *****, that's MY car!'
Old 20 Aug 2003, 04:58 (Ref:692828)   #9
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL f1manoz!!!
here's some inside text from the case.Very interseting...and it COULD still go both ways!!!
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns11659.html
Old 20 Aug 2003, 07:42 (Ref:692914)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a small point. Charlie W can't have worn a full face helmet for a while, otherwise he'd realise that periferal vision is limited to say the least. Also doesn't the HANS device restrict neck movement?

I suspect it will go badly for Ralf and Team Willy.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 08:01 (Ref:692926)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Just a small point. Charlie W can't have worn a full face helmet for a while, otherwise he'd realise that periferal vision is limited to say the least. Also doesn't the HANS device restrict neck movement?
I presume that he has sought advice from others about this?

I agree, I don't think they'll get it overturned. However my guess, which is based on nothing, is that it won't be increased either.

Last edited by Adam43; 20 Aug 2003 at 08:01.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 08:21 (Ref:692938)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds about right Adam. I think the whole point of the incident is to sort out whether or not the leading driver should expect the driver behind to move out of the way. Personally I think the leader should be aware of where the other drivers are and not put them in the position where they have to move out of the way. This is especially true in this case as Ralf didn't have to defend the position, he was simply looking for the best line into the corner and just expected everyone behind him to jump out of his way so he could get there. Hopfully the ruling won't be overturned and it will set an example, putting an end to blatent weaving off the line that has become common place in the last few years.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 08:43 (Ref:692949)   #13
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So has there been any result yet, it seems about the time doesnt it?
Old 20 Aug 2003, 08:44 (Ref:692951)   #14
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't be long now.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 09:05 (Ref:692968)   #15
eein
Racer

eein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be a shame for him to be punished. I dont like Ralph at all and I do think the crash was his fault but i dont think it was dont in such a way that deserves punishment. We all know that nothing would be done if it was his brother.

And punishing more for an appeal - that is very unfair. If the grounds for appeal are weak, the initial part of the hearing should throw it out - like most law courts work.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 09:17 (Ref:692980)   #16
Ralf
Racer

Ralf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
All I can say is I hate the 3 week break.
Nothing but boring court stuff to entertain us!
Old 20 Aug 2003, 09:24 (Ref:692987)   #17
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really they can't make it much worse than putting Ralf back 10 places, the way i see it he had nothing to lose with his appeal.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 10:02 (Ref:693012)   #18
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but would he really lose that much by going through with the appeal anyway? Apart from money on going to court, which presumably, if he looses, RS or Williams will have to pay.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 10:57 (Ref:693059)   #19
perminder
Racer

United Kingdom
in my house
Have we had the verdict yet then?
Old 20 Aug 2003, 11:00 (Ref:693063)   #20
perminder
Racer

United Kingdom
in my house
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Will it turn into an episode of Jerry Springer?

'I told you *****, that's MY car!'

Yay bring on the hair pulling and the chair throwing!!!!
Old 20 Aug 2003, 12:30 (Ref:693148)   #21
Cobra
Racer

I'm no big fan of Ralf but I fail to see how he can be brought up on these charges.

It was slightly amusing to note both Rubens and Kimis comments, I bet Ralfy cringed as he saw them coming through the door to give their "evidence".
As Adam so neatly put it. "OUCH"

I dont think they will send him to the back of the class, but, if they do, then at least Rubens if not Kimi as well, should be there with him.
Adam once again I offer my sincere apologies for the edited part of my post...heat of the moment and all that.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 12:36 (Ref:693153)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Don't worry about it Cobra, no need to apologise. Also it was speed that so succinctly said 'ouch'.

Presonally I think that Ralf was more to blame than The other two, but I think the punishment is too harsh. Maybe the FIA want to make an example of someone who causes a crash at the start. I'm not sure this is the one deserves it though. Hopefully we will get an explanation either way.

Last edited by Adam43; 20 Aug 2003 at 12:36.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 12:44 (Ref:693164)   #23
Cobra
Racer

Of course, sorry speed.
Has anyone heard about any times that the details of this appeal will be released.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 12:49 (Ref:693173)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From the FIA website. "The judgement..................... will be issued in the form of a press release Wednesday afternoon".

Depending on whther they opperate on "forum time" or CET it should be about now.
Old 20 Aug 2003, 12:50 (Ref:693176)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any news about it ?

It will be interesting to keep Ralf in the championship fight...