Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 10 Feb 2004, 00:39 (Ref:868964)   #1
Radioshoes
Rookie

Radioshoes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Tracy-the Journalist

At last we will have someone at the Toronto Star who knows what the blazes they are talking about. Paul Tracy will be the feature writer in the "Wheels" section of the Toronto Star. His column will appear the last Sat. of every month, starting (I think) this month.

The Toronto Star also says:

"If you go this Friday, Wheels' newest columnist, CART champion Paul Tracy, will be autographing his Star poster from 10.30 a.m. to 2.30 p.m., in the South Building, 600 level. The poster will appear in a special Wheels section that will be published next Thursday in the Star."

(I think they mean the poster will be in *this* Thursday's Star)

I haven't been on here since the season ended but am glad to see everyone talking about racing again.

Cheers,
Old 10 Feb 2004, 00:45 (Ref:868969)   #2
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be a colourful column
Old 10 Feb 2004, 00:47 (Ref:868971)   #3
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys are lucky! It'll be nice to have someone writing about CART who actually knows something about it. My local papers are terrible for that.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 01:01 (Ref:868979)   #4
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, the question is, will Paul actually write it? I must say he's never been known for his writing before, and he barely finished high school (BTI in Scarborough).

keke
Old 10 Feb 2004, 06:13 (Ref:869088)   #5
Scrutineer78
Racer

Scrutineer78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racerkeke
Well, the question is, will Paul actually write it? I must say he's never been known for his writing before, and he barely finished high school (BTI in Scarborough).

keke
That just explains it all.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 06:34 (Ref:869108)   #6
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
What's that got to do with his ability to write, keke?
Sounds like a "low-blow" to me.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 06:45 (Ref:869114)   #7
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be like I imagine a lot of these columns are like, where the sportsperson just sits down with a journo from the paper and they spew out some good bits and the journo knocks it into shape.
Should have colour like I said.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 06:51 (Ref:869118)   #8
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Macdaddy, it's just that people who've spent their lives focusing on one thing practically to the exclusion of everything else often have not had time to encourage other talents. My cousin was on the Canadian Ski Team and barely finished high school himself. Now that injuries have finished his career he is playing catch-up on some skills he never developed.

PT may indeed be able to write, but chances are he needs some help, like the Snout suggested. The fact that we have never seen any other writing from him in the past tells me that this is something new he is exploring.

Does that make it clearer?

keke
Old 10 Feb 2004, 06:58 (Ref:869121)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Yes. I should've known better - you don't seem to be the type to knock somebody because of education level, ect. My point was simply that anybody who has finished HSchool must be literate.
(Granted - Some more than others!)

Last edited by macdaddy; 10 Feb 2004 at 06:58.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 17:39 (Ref:869665)   #10
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to get Paul's columns printed in the Wichita paper. Out here in the middle of Kansas, the NASCAR trucks get better coverage in the papers than ChampCar does. I will have to bookmark the Toronto Star and read his columns online.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 17:51 (Ref:869676)   #11
Radioshoes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by macdaddy
Yes. I should've known better - you don't seem to be the type to knock somebody because of education level, ect. My point was simply that anybody who has finished HSchool must be literate.
(Granted - Some more than others!)
You would think so but after reading some forums, I have found otherwise.

Personally, I don't care if he writes like a second grader, after all he's got to be better than Rick Matsomoto or that other guy. Illiterate I can handle, ignorance, especially the willful kind, I have a harder time with.

Cheers
Old 10 Feb 2004, 17:58 (Ref:869684)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My dad went to a two room school in Fon du Lac, Wisconsin back in the 1920s and didn't finish, because he went off to war; he's got a better all around education than almost anybody who came out of the current public school system and though his spelling is kind of wild, he's an excellent writer and storyteller. Either you can write or you can't; that has nothing to do with your level of education.

One of PT's biggest advantages is that he has something to say and everybody knows he won't pull any punches or be politically correct. With the brouhaha about Don Cherry currently roaring through the Canadian sporting world, this is the ideal time for PT to come into the picture!
Old 11 Feb 2004, 23:59 (Ref:871350)   #13
Radioshoes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz

One of PT's biggest advantages is that he has something to say and everybody knows he won't pull any punches or be politically correct. With the brouhaha about Don Cherry currently roaring through the Canadian sporting world, this is the ideal time for PT to come into the picture!

I must correct an error I made in my original post. I had said that they would be once a month at the end of the month but they will be running them the *first* Sat. not the last. Also the first column will run this Sat. Feb. 14. I'll make sure to post the url.

Cheers
Old 12 Feb 2004, 07:06 (Ref:871529)   #14
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Cheers.