Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:10 (Ref:900559)   #1
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Karuse for 3rd PWR?

Under CAMS rulling PWR must run their old level 2 licence this year. I heard at one point that if the licence was for sale the rule wouldnt apply. If this is true why are PWR being forced to run the licence in Adelaide.

For those of you who dont know, Paul Weel's VX from last wear will wear #43 in Adelaide with David Karuse at the wheel presumably in PWR colours with some assosiate support from Karuse. The deal thus far has only been done for Adelaide for David as a pay driver.

I just dont get it, obviously PWR want to run this entry for some reason, they obviously arent selling it beacause WPS would have picked it up now surely!

Why?
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:12 (Ref:900562)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It may be that Mr Weel wants more money for the franchise than Mr Gore and co wish to pay.

Lets not forget the WPS operation will not run a 2nd car in Adelaide, so its not beyond the realms of possibility that this could be the franchise WPS Racing end up using.

As of the AGP, it seemed nothing other had been decided, other than a single car for Adelaide, and perhaps Eastern Creek.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:15 (Ref:900565)   #3
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was under the impression he would be running an ex lansvale car????
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:17 (Ref:900568)   #4
tiko
Racer

tiko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't his name David Krause not Karuse?
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:19 (Ref:900570)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, David Krause used an LRT car at Eastern Creek last year, and is the pic used in the article, but the vehicle in question is the #16 PWR VX from 2003, which is still sitting at PWR as it finished last season.

The car J.Bright got is a new one to the team (although is a converted older shell) and P.Weel is using J.Bright's 2003 car converted to VY suspension and bodypanelling
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:25 (Ref:900576)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That car was meant to be swallowed back into the HMS fold for HYL :S
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:25 (Ref:900577)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by tiko
Isn't his name David Krause not Karuse?
Yes, and I have corrected the thread title.

It was most likely a typo, but it would be nice to show the drivers in our series enough respect to spell their names correctly, in topic titles at least
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Mar 2004, 09:36 (Ref:900587)   #8
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That must make you a moderator, GTR?
Old 10 Mar 2004, 11:43 (Ref:900710)   #9
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If PWR wanted to they could rent it out round by round to whoever they want couldn't they?
Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:15 (Ref:900736)   #10
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be interesting to see who pops up in 14 and 24 for Adelaide or are they going to pay the big fines.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:15 (Ref:900738)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
IMS will rock up with a car

Tasman may run a car for #24 again
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:34 (Ref:900760)   #12
pete55
Veteran

Steve Owen in the IMS car. Tim Leahey in the Tasman franchise?
Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:41 (Ref:900769)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't level 2 cars only have to rock up at 80% of the rounds, so they could miss Adelaide. Or conversely, could they just 'do a Morris', bring the car, do some practice laps then put it back into the truck?
Old 10 Mar 2004, 13:28 (Ref:900829)   #14
pete55
Veteran

I think Level 2's now have to do 100% of races.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 20:00 (Ref:901213)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Thats how I understood it too Pete

And it wasnt the Morris team doing the silly stuff with the Romano franchise, they were basically contractors supplying a vehicle, much like LRT in the last round with Mr Krause's previous ride in the series.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Mar 2004, 05:30 (Ref:901585)   #16
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Dave!

Krausie's drive at the Creek last year came about from LRT having a car ready to go and a phone call from Bap R. on the wednesday directly preceeding the race meeting. Dave has been a crew member for LRT previously.

As he had just paid for his drive in the Imrie Commodore at Bathurst 18 months before, and traded his 15 year old ute in on a seven year old one, and converted his VS Sport Sedan to V8 from V6, I'd be a little surprised if he had the required funds to personally pay for the PWR drive.

However Dave has some great friends who i hope will be able to help him out if required for his possable big break.

Hell of a nice guy too

GOOD LUCK DAVE
Old 11 Mar 2004, 06:50 (Ref:901627)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Yep I second that , I hope he has a good weekend
Old 11 Mar 2004, 07:25 (Ref:901643)   #18
gts300kw
Rookie

gts300kw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the LRT car used by Krause last year at EC is what J. Richards used at the AGP but had a HMS Engine (at the AGP).
Old 11 Mar 2004, 07:40 (Ref:901648)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It is no doubt a marriage of mutual convenience. It is cheaper for PWR to prep the VX and practice and qualify it for the weekend than to pay the $150k fine.
#CANCERSUCKS