Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 2 Mar 2004, 20:04 (Ref:891632)   #1
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Portland is Confirmed!

Good news race fans! We are excited to announce that the Champ Car World Series has confirmed Portland on its 2004 schedule for June 18-20. The three-day weekend will include a Trans-Am race.

The support of our fan base has always played an important role in working to keep this event for Portland. We have enjoyed twenty years of great open-wheel racing events at Portland International Raceway, and we are excited about producing the 21st annual event. Thank you all for your past support!

Global Events is still seeking commitments on sponsorships. If you have any suggestions, please don’t hesitate to pass them along. Sponsorships, ticket sales, motorhomes and hospitality (suites and chalets) are the main source of income for the race weekend.

We will be sending out ticket and motorhome renewals within the next two weeks. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please let us know.

We hope to see you at PIR this June!

Thank you,

GLOBAL EVENTS GROUP
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 20:19 (Ref:891644)   #2
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for letting us know, Mags!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 20:21 (Ref:891645)   #3
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Thanks for letting us know, Mags!
It's GREAT news!!
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 2 Mar 2004, 22:56 (Ref:891864)   #4
Mags
Veteran

You received an earlier email from us that referenced the Portland Champ Car race. The email was in draft form being held until finalization of the details with Champ Car and went out by error.

As you may know from the recent Oregonian and Portland Tribune articles, we are in the process of confirming all the details for the June 18-20 weekend with Champ Car, but nothing has yet been signed. We fully expect that to happen shortly.

When that takes place, rest assured we will begin the ticket renewal process immediately.

We’re sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
Old 2 Mar 2004, 23:04 (Ref:891868)   #5
extreme
Rookie

Canada
Edmonton, AB
extreme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops!!! Did they just let the cat out of the bag?
Old 2 Mar 2004, 23:07 (Ref:891875)   #6
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by extreme
Oops!!! Did they just let the cat out of the bag?
Yes - that is what I wondered?
Old 8 Mar 2004, 03:49 (Ref:897645)   #7
WRC
Rookie

WRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're still waiting for sponsorship confirmation. Please be advised that the contract between PIR and OWRS has NOT yet been signed. As soon as PIR has their ducks ina row and a signed sponsor, THEN it will be official...