Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Aug 2004, 12:22 (Ref:1077988)   #1
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bruno's Autosport Comment

"No one can expect me to be as good as Ayrton was in his last race. in my first race"
No one expects you to be as good as Ayrton in your last race either. Just get on with it and stop trading off the back of your uncle
Old 26 Aug 2004, 12:34 (Ref:1077997)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i thought it was a very good comment. he's clearly rehersed it.

if you're going to take a famous relative's name though you have to take the good with the bad. the excess attention with the positive attention. and so on.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 13:28 (Ref:1078064)   #3
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Bruno's Autosport Comment

Quote:
Originally posted by foreversideways
Just get on with it and stop trading off the back of your uncle
What a load of ****.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1078119)   #4
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which?
Old 26 Aug 2004, 17:57 (Ref:1078317)   #5
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
foreversideways stop being so ****ing harsh on the guy. he makes one very true comment and you make one very stupid comment.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 18:24 (Ref:1078344)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest , i thought he handled hmself pretty well at the weekend ..
Old 26 Aug 2004, 18:29 (Ref:1078350)   #7
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely agree with you sato san, the guy was an absolute credit to himself and his family. I only stood around the Barwell tent for 2-3 minutes just before the first race but the number of people harassing him, taking photos of him etc whilst he was trying to prepare for a race was immense.

The kid just took it all with a smile and very politely told people quizzing him that he'd got to prepare for his race and would speak later!

The kid can't be expected to walk in and win from the off against such a strong field. He proved last weekend that although rusty on race craft he has the natural speed and I'm looking forward greatly to seeing how he goes the rest of the year!

It seems to me that some people are just jealous of the kid.......

Last edited by Gaz; 26 Aug 2004 at 18:31.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 18:31 (Ref:1078353)   #8
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think the fact he did anything at all stands him in good stead. afterall didnt his parents ban him from racing until adulthood?
Old 26 Aug 2004, 18:38 (Ref:1078361)   #9
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel for the kid because he has loads more preasure then any other Brazilian karter racing in England. I've raced against a lot of second generation drivers in the states, and see the amount of preasure they get. People always compare to their father's who may be Indy 500 champions. It's hard man. But, on the other hand they may get a door open that other wouldn't. it's a two edge sword....
Old 26 Aug 2004, 18:56 (Ref:1078384)   #10
Russfeld
Veteran

Its easier to deal with pressure than not having money, connections, opportunity, etc. You can tune out pressure, you cant ignore economics.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 19:27 (Ref:1078419)   #11
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Bruno's Autosport Comment

Quote:
Originally posted by foreversideways
No one expects you to be as good as Ayrton in your last race either. Just get on with it and stop trading off the back of your uncle
What a totally unjustfied comment. Did you meet Bruno at the weekend? Did you talk to him? The truth is that a lot of people DO expect him to be as good as Ayrton, which I think is putting far too much pressure on the guy. I saw a few people at the weekend wanting to get their picture taken with him, with a 20-year-old who has never even raced before. Why? Just because his uncle was a legend. If Ayrton was still alive, he'd have been there for Bruno's first race and everyone would have wanted to talk to HIM, but as he's not, that contact seemed to go to Bruno, which I found a bit strange.

I thought Bruno handled himself really well this weekend, as a person I found him a nice guy to talk to, and as a journalist/press officer, I found him one of the easiest, most open drivers I've ever talked to. He would tell you what happened, why it happened, why that was good/bad, and why it will or won't happen again. I never heard a single excuse from him over the weekend, and I talked to him after every session. So please, if you want to slag the guy off for being related to Ayrton Senna, please give some better evidence than that single quote.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 20:46 (Ref:1078512)   #12
Russfeld
Veteran

I have some skepticism over whether he can really claim the name Senna as its not his native last name, also he brought it on himself.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 21:09 (Ref:1078527)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well doesn't he have a right to it as it's his mothers second name? if i were him i'd have gone by my father's name...
Old 26 Aug 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1078561)   #14
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was not slagging him off. I don't know him and i think his performance was excellent. However either Brunno or his advisors are selling the Senna name. Ayrton i understand it was his uncle who died when he was a little boy, not his father. If i remember correctly both Jacques V and Damon H both had more respect for their family than this.
Old 26 Aug 2004, 22:54 (Ref:1078635)   #15
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Senna wasn't even Ayrtons original surname, Senna is his mothers surname.

Some Brazilians use the surnames of both parents, so saying he's using a name he's not entitled to is a load of *******s. Fair enough he may be using it to help his career but it is a surname he's entitled to and which may very well be on his birth certificate seeing as his Mum uses the surname Senna too.

So to say its not his name is a load of ****.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 05:48 (Ref:1078805)   #16
Russfeld
Veteran

Settle down lad.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 08:55 (Ref:1078900)   #17
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
I am not having a gripe about his name. I just feel he should respond to questions regarding Ayton by declining to discuss it and concentrating on his own achievements.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 09:06 (Ref:1078906)   #18
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with the lad from Bramhall, me. Yes, follow your family into motorsport, but let your talent do the talking, not your name.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 09:19 (Ref:1078918)   #19
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Somebody has finally got my point. Well said Mathias
Old 27 Aug 2004, 10:51 (Ref:1078994)   #20
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
Settle down lad.
Sorry.

I dont know what he;s like as a driver so im not going to say he's the best thing to happen in years but some of the comments were talking absolute rubbish which had nothing to do with motorsport.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 11:02 (Ref:1079006)   #21
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A pleasure, foreversideways.

Y'see, I reckon you're always onto a loser with hyping, or even just allowing yourself to talk about, your family connections, and this thread is proof of that.

Bruno would have been better off avoiding the Senna name (as he appears to have a choice), and whenever media types etc asked him about his connection with Ayrton, just say "I'm very proud of my uncle, he was a great racing driver and a wonderful man, but I'm my own man and I don't want comparisons to be made."

Look at Richard Antinucci. No-one compares him to Uncle Eddie Cheever. He's his own man. So there.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1079009)   #22
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mathias
I'm with the lad from Bramhall, me. Yes, follow your family into motorsport, but let your talent do the talking, not your name.
The only person I'm aware of who has said his name is doing the talking is foreversideways (or should that be forever spinning). Talk to Bruno Senna and you'll be pleasantly surprised to learn he's doing it for himself. He can't help who he is or who his uncle was. I note he hasn't copied his uncle's helmet design, as many people feel he could/should have. That to me says he is absolutely doing it for himself, not as a publicity stunt but because he genuinely wants to make a serious career out of racing.

And what of Piquet, Rosberg, Jones, Fabi, Andretti, Unser etc. Isn't it only natural that sons/nephews of racing drivers are going to be brought up in a racing environment and want to pursue it themselves?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 12:08 (Ref:1079080)   #23
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mathias

Look at Richard Antinucci. No-one compares him to Uncle Eddie Cheever. He's his own man. So there.
Eddie Cheever was never a Senna though was he?
Old 27 Aug 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1079178)   #24
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
With my car control that should be "NEVER SPINNING". Think we have to agree to disagrre on this one although i wish Bruno the best of luck for the future.
Old 28 Aug 2004, 09:50 (Ref:1079821)   #25
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only real need for Senna to hype himself up would be to get sponsors.....but he must have loads of money from the Senna Foundation so would it not have been better to make a name up while he was in the lower ranks so that pressure was not an issue at the early stage.

Paul Stewart went to the Silverstone racing school when he started under a different name - I think Senna should have fallowed.

But it is too late now - if he doesn't improve in the next race the vultures will be waiting...