Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jan 2001, 16:00 (Ref:59639)   #1
gp19
Rookie

gp19 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(speedvision lost it )

I was in the pit with the testing of the new nascar dodge and the guy from fox told me that espn got the deal for 2001 .
have a Supppppper day gp19
Old 21 Jan 2001, 22:46 (Ref:59706)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Well GP, you are in the States, and we are not. How about telling us whether this is good or bad?? Over here I just hope that Fox will get the rights also and televise quals, because Channel 9 won't televise quals except for the Melbourne race. We get delayed telecasts late at night, and they leave the tape running while they slap on th eadvertisements and we miss vital parts of pit stops, overtaking manoevres, and cars running off the track.
Old 21 Jan 2001, 23:02 (Ref:59709)   #3
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If true, this is bad news for US f1 fans
Old 21 Jan 2001, 23:25 (Ref:59715)   #4
US SuperKarter
Rookie

US SuperKarter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedvision Lost It ?

After a quick visit to the Speedvision site, nothing seems for sure. The only thing I wish that Speedvision would lose is Sam Posey and his inane rambling b******t. It amazes me that he was actually a racer, a pretty good one at that. David Hobbs, thumbs up, Steve Matchett, thumbs up!!,Derek Daily, thumb in the middle.
The only thing I remember about ESPN coverage was the cutting away from a GP live broadcast to a Football talking heads pre-game broadcast, and this was in the Prost/Senna era, and it was a really good race. If ESPN cannot get its priorities any better that those days, please do us all a favor and don't broadcast anything but purely American sports. NASCAR, MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and keep the beer guzzling, bratwurst inhaling masses happy, leave F1 to a network that understands racing in all its purest forms!!!!
Old 22 Jan 2001, 02:36 (Ref:59730)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what they (meaning ESPN) do for the Champ Car races - and then they have the nerve to tell us that we "didn't miss anything."

Since we in Canada get the ITV feed on TSN, it doesn't affect us either way.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 13:15 (Ref:59789)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll check in as well to say its a bad thing. Speedvision has done a terrific job, (with the exeption of Posey as Raven says). ESPN so bungled their coverage in the past that I dread being stuck with it in the future. Given the high profile of ESPN, there is a chance that F1 will be exposed to a larger audience in the States, particularly if Monaco and Indy are shown on the sister network ABC as has been rumoured.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 23:07 (Ref:59877)   #7
Racer X
Rookie

Racer X should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well if this is true, that would mean that I won't get to see qualifing unless Fox shows it if they broadcast. Lets hope ESPN doesn't get it. BOOOOOOOOO