Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 19 Jun 1999, 18:03 (Ref:4193)   #1
IAM

Craig, what happened to the red folders?

When I come to the different forums, I now think no one has been there since I last visited. OK I know it just takes a little more effort on my part to read the dates

Is there a particalar reason for not having them anymore?

Ian

Old 19 Jun 1999, 18:07 (Ref:4194)   #2
Craig Antill

Yep - you're cookie file is corrupted If you delete it (see your browsers readme for assistance here, and always keep a backup!) your browser will set a new cookie next time you log in - it will then work as usual the time after that

Cheers!

Old 20 Jun 1999, 03:24 (Ref:4195)   #3
Peter Mallett

Mine tooo. Thanks for that. I never liked corrupt cookies. Prefer the chocolate chip kind myself

Old 20 Jun 1999, 18:13 (Ref:4196)   #4
IAM

Craig, Thanks!

I am new to windows and the internet. I can't find my browsers "read me for assistance"!?! I am using Internet Explorer 4.

I will have a good look around though.

Don't know if I should say this, but, my red folders work on the Atlas BB. So I take it there are different cookies for different sites.

Ian

Old 21 Jun 1999, 01:38 (Ref:4197)   #5
marcus

ok im new to all of this as well and i want to know "what the hell are cookies"
ive heard plenty of people mention them but i still have no idea!!!!!
oh yeah my red folders work fine.
and craig thanks for the feedback on posting a pic. NOW I AM CONFUSED
Oh well i will learn one day

Old 21 Jun 1999, 13:00 (Ref:4198)   #6
Peter Mallett

Phew,

Got the fright of my life this AM. Posted a reply in F1 and it came up blank. Edited it and the whole forum disappeared. If anyone but Invader tells me I have crashed the system I might believe them. Or not as the case may be.

Also noticed that new member JJ posted a topic more than once (four times I think). Is there a glitch in the new server Craig?

Old 21 Jun 1999, 18:00 (Ref:4199)   #7
Invader

NO everythings fine
I think we may have an Internet Explorer incompatability snag.
Craig suggested I try Netscape, so I did and all of the little glitches just evaporate into the ether.
Marcus, they are a kind of biscuit
Cookies are uploaded from a server to store information to identify yourself to a website on entry.
You should find your Cookies folder near the top of your Windows directory. Click the folder and try to find the 10/10ths cookie amongst all the dubious ones and delete it, making sure you know your password...next time you post something the server will send you a new one (maybe chocolate chip)

Old 21 Jun 1999, 19:49 (Ref:4200)   #8
Craig Antill

I've just been advised that it is possible to reset your cookie without deleting it by going to the profile option at the top of the main forum page and resubmitting your profile details - this should force your browser to add a new cookie.

The forum should then be back operational again - no matter what browser you use

Old 21 Jun 1999, 22:05 (Ref:4201)   #9
JJ

About those multiple posts - I feel a right twit! Can they be deleted? I kept getting an error message.

Old 21 Jun 1999, 22:19 (Ref:4202)   #10
Invader

Don't worry JJ, it happens to the best of us...although I've never done it of course

Old 22 Jun 1999, 05:10 (Ref:4203)   #11
JJ

Oh Invader, you are SOOOO sweet!

Old 22 Jun 1999, 17:42 (Ref:4204)   #12
IAM

Craig, I tried resubmitting my profile but that didn't work. Maybe it will once I log off.

In the meantime I will try and find my cookies file.

Ian

Old 22 Jun 1999, 19:13 (Ref:4205)   #13
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I know that several people have had troubles with cookies lately, so I have upgraded to the very latest UBB software which apparently handles these a little differently - let's hope that this cures this once and for all - please keep me informed...
Old 23 Jun 1999, 00:25 (Ref:4206)   #14
IAM
Rookie

IAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My red folders are back!

It works for me Craig. Thanks!

Ian
Old 28 Jun 1999, 19:40 (Ref:4207)   #15
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Help, I've forgotten what the red folders look like!! Tried resubmitting my profile but that didn't work. Off to check out my cookies folder and if I mess up my computer I'll hold you personally responsible Mr Antill and won't be bringing any frisbees (or cookies ) to Snetterton.
Old 7 Jul 1999, 20:28 (Ref:4208)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do the red folders sometimes show when I am the last person who posted in a forum? Shouldn't they show what was posted since the last time I posted anything? I hate getting all excited for nothing.
Old 7 Jul 1999, 21:36 (Ref:4209)   #17
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having had no red folders for a while, I now have red folders I shouldn't have.
What a confusing world we live in
Old 8 Jul 1999, 03:43 (Ref:4210)   #18
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The red folders represent stuff that was posted since you last logged in, not last logged out.
Old 8 Jul 1999, 12:41 (Ref:4211)   #19
mel
Rookie

mel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear Mr Antill

Previously when I reached the bottom of a thread the 'Hop to' would have the forum I was in in it as a default, now I always have to select a forum and this maks it slower to navigate around. Is there anything I can do about it?

-mel
Old 8 Jul 1999, 19:18 (Ref:4212)   #20
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have red folders against topics that I have read, which still appear when I log back on again later, even if I have not posted a reply...does that make more sense?
and yes I have to select the forum where it used to default to the forum I was on before.
This is constructive feedback not a whinge.
Peace and lurve and stuff
Old 11 Jul 1999, 16:59 (Ref:4213)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry mel - the guy who wrote the forum software changed it, as well as the horrible post reply screen, and seems unwilling to go back
Old 14 Jul 1999, 02:15 (Ref:4214)   #22
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll tell you what sucks when u enter the Forum then Leave then come beck and u have lost all of your red folders that sucks.
Old 18 Jul 1999, 19:40 (Ref:4215)   #23
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark

Brett, that's probably because you're hitting the back button - am I right ? You have to click the big logo at the top left hand side of each page to go back to the main page (this avoids the system overwriting your cookie with a new one and thus your last visit remains the same.)
Old 21 Jul 1999, 04:00 (Ref:4216)   #24
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No I am shutting down the window and coming back later--- of coarse I will lose my cookies but It still sucks. Their is no way to fix it I just goto come here once not come leave and come back.
Old 21 Jul 1999, 19:34 (Ref:4217)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark

Sorry brettypoos - that's nothing to do with cookies - it's called brain fade...