Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Aug 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1390025)   #1
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would SBR #1...

have to be the most successful car in recent or complete V8 Supercar history? New for 2003, same car and has won the Championship every season since. (Current season excepted of course at this stage but undeniably looking pretty good.) Impressive you'd have to say regardless of which side you support.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1390043)   #2
lookleft
Racer

lookleft should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't be a bad basher for the HDPC Series would it.... a great deal would be if it came with an unmarked folder of bits of paper and CD's.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1390044)   #3
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, its a good effort. Something which has helped is the fact that it hasnt been involved in a major prang. There's been no need to straighten chassis rails or anything like that. The driver has to be given major credit for this, even if he is a little weed.

I wonder if they will use that same car next year or will a new one be built? Keep the '03 one for maros aurelius for when he comes to do the enduros.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:23 (Ref:1390061)   #4
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isnt HRT's "Golden Child" more sucessful?
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1390064)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Um, didnt Marcos fence this car at Bathurst in 2004? And roll it over somewhere else too?

It hasnt had a hard life (except winning all the time, and leading from the front... and being subjected to some um.. interesting other drivers)
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1390073)   #6
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Um, didnt Marcos fence this car at Bathurst in 2004? And roll it over somewhere else too?

It hasnt had a hard life (except winning all the time, and leading from the front... and being subjected to some um.. interesting other drivers)
I dont know if he rolled it... I cant remember that car being involved in a roll... thats exclusive to BJR

he may have fenced it... but from my memory it hasnt been involved in anything like brights car last year at the gold coast or the two cars this year at NZ.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1390098)   #7
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattracer
have to be the most successful car in recent or complete V8 Supercar history? New for 2003, same car and has won the Championship every season since. (Current season excepted of course at this stage but undeniably looking pretty good.) Impressive you'd have to say regardless of which side you support.
But the #043 Chassis might give the Falcon a run for the money.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:52 (Ref:1390102)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Marcos' car would make an excellent Touring Car Challenge vehicle.... especially seeing as they are accepting anything these days

Rumour has it hat there will be a new car on the grid next year in the TCC - an F3 Dallara - the plan is to put a body on it and call it a super tourer - after all - a 6 litre V8 is acceptable, why not an F3 Super Tourer??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Aug 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1390104)   #9
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
........well I'm expecting to see the new one at Bathurst?.......

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 24 Aug 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1390110)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
........well I'm expecting to see the new one at Bathurst?.......
I thought the ride car was the chassis originally destined to be #1??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Aug 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1390200)   #11
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose overcooked it and put it into the fence at turn one at EC in practice last year, came back on the truck.Got a pic of it!
That multiple champ winning Falcon should be put straight into David Bowdens collection at the end of this year -its a modern day classic!
Old 24 Aug 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1390565)   #12
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
HRT's Golden Child is more successful in recent history. 2 Bathurst 1000s, 2 Sandown 500s, 2 Championships.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 00:00 (Ref:1390591)   #13
Wheels
Rookie

Australia
NSW South Coast
Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This question came up a few weeks back and I came up with these results for Skaifeys' "Golden Child", and Marcos' "Old Girl". Last round has been included.

Golden Child:11 Round wins, 26 Race wins, 16 Round Top 3's, 22 Round Top 10's, 9 Poles.

Old Girl: 12 Round Wins, 23 Race wins, 21 Round Top 3's, 30 Round Top 10's, 10 Poles.

Not much in it at all. Both cars are pretty special.

Wheels.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1390770)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
2 Sandown 500s
1 Sandown 500
Old 25 Aug 2005, 10:46 (Ref:1390858)   #15
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldnt be surprised if the new car sits it out all year, and the new bloke gets it so theres no issues tailoring the car to his needs
Old 25 Aug 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1390861)   #16
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If any recent V8Supercars need to be garaged for the sake of history in Australian touring car racing it would be these two cars. Trouble is, where is the "Golden Child"? Or what is it these days perhaps?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 25 Aug 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1390894)   #17
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
I think the golden child was converted to a VY/VZ mule and skaife used it last year at the gold coast after 05 was damaged at bathurst. I think due to the fact it was a hybrid of sorts (front suspension setup etc) that it is parked in a garage somewhere.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1390898)   #18
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Marcos' car would make an excellent Touring Car Challenge vehicle.... especially seeing as they are accepting anything these days

Rumour has it hat there will be a new car on the grid next year in the TCC - an F3 Dallara - the plan is to put a body on it and call it a super tourer - after all - a 6 litre V8 is acceptable, why not an F3 Super Tourer??
SHould give Riccardello's Alfetta Touring car a run then.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1390923)   #19
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos
I think the golden child was converted to a VY/VZ mule and skaife used it last year at the gold coast after 05 was damaged at bathurst. I think due to the fact it was a hybrid of sorts (front suspension setup etc) that it is parked in a garage somewhere.
Pretty sure they just stuck the new panels on and that was it..they had to appeal to AVESCO or whatever to be allowed to race the car afterall..
Old 25 Aug 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1391026)   #20
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think 0 Sandown 500s for Golden Child... Jason Richards terfed off road by Skaife in the HMS-engine new VY, then Skaife back in the old rig for Gold Coast only. Then Kelly racing get these left-over early VYs eons later, 2 years after VYs appear it's rather un-sporting by holden motorsport within their ranks IMHO!