Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Mar 2007, 07:18 (Ref:1875517)   #1
dddlc
Rookie

Australia
NSW, Australia
dddlc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to DJR

Good to see DJR back at the pointy end after so many years in the wilderness. Top Ford home - well done !.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 07:40 (Ref:1875534)   #2
DarthFalcon
Racer

Australia
Yavin
DarthFalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was good to see #17 in the front running group again. They look good in the JB livery too. Still blown away by Uncle Tom's brigade. Hopefully 888 and SBR will get their acts together for the next round.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1875536)   #3
888_Fan
Racer

888_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll reserve judgement until I see them back it up for more than 3 race meetings, then I'll believe they're back.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 07:55 (Ref:1875550)   #4
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'm still wondering how that HACK Junior can produce such a great performance ... and beat yet another highly rated teammate (thats all of them so far) that was supposed to blow him away.

Gosh, maybe he can drive after all.

Would be nice to see a few Junior knockers acknowledge ...
Old 25 Mar 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1875552)   #5
v8race1
Racer

v8race1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the coverage I saw today, it looked a very impressive outing for DJR.

Shame that steve could not apply more pressure when it counted....a higher podium position was within his grasp.

Well done DJR.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 08:00 (Ref:1875556)   #6
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive from both DJR drivers. It's nice to see tham back at the pointy end.

The cars looked balanced and speedy throughout the weekend.

Some great stoushes between Junion and Skaifey as well. It's nce to see cars actually racing and passing each other for positions like we typically see at Barbagello.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 08:03 (Ref:1875558)   #7
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888_Fan
I'll reserve judgement until I see them back it up for more than 3 race meetings, then I'll believe they're back.

Steve and Davo did a hell of a job this weekend.......On top of a very good run at clipsal......You just cant have that raw car speed this early in the season and it not continue.

DJR back? Absolutly..........Make mine a JB.

Old 25 Mar 2007, 08:07 (Ref:1875563)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Highest placed Ford in the championship, in 5th, behind the Walkinshaw Performance juggernaut....

Not bad for a team given the last rites in December
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Mar 2007, 08:11 (Ref:1875568)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done great job, i think Jnr has proven some critics wrong, i always believed he could do it someday.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 08:38 (Ref:1875593)   #10
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just wondering today, when he had a few chances to snag 3rd that maybe he just didnt have the ability when it counted (and before I get howled down I am a DJR fan)
Old 25 Mar 2007, 08:57 (Ref:1875603)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no i think he had the ability just i think because there was a train behind him he didn't want to end up losing more than he gained.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 09:29 (Ref:1875627)   #12
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a great performance with the team, the Tool cars are by far quicker then anything else in the field at the moment but the DJR cars can finally battle with anyone else.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 09:29 (Ref:1875628)   #13
brchi17
Rookie

brchi17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was fantastic to see DJR doing so well in WA, Interesting to note in an interview with Dick during the telecast that he accredited a lot of their success to the suspension parts they've got from T8 allowing for them to finally be able to use all their hp
Old 25 Mar 2007, 10:39 (Ref:1875671)   #14
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brchi17
It was fantastic to see DJR doing so well in WA, Interesting to note in an interview with Dick during the telecast that he accredited a lot of their success to the suspension parts they've got from T8 allowing for them to finally be able to use all their hp
I wonder if T8 will want engines from DJR now in return.

All the SBR powered cars looked rather ordinary this weekend.

It was fantastic to see DJR produce the goods, and as for Jnr challenging for third, I've got the feeling that maybe the Tool car was still a bit too good.

Still, the best non Wankinshaw cars on the weekend.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 11:13 (Ref:1875701)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am surprised SBR are having a few engine dramas... presumably the loss of their key engine man is a blow... which might make 888 think twice about next year...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Mar 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1875717)   #16
TheTaipan
Rookie

TheTaipan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888's plan was always going to be develop their own engine's in the long term wasn't it? Perhaps this might motivate them to fast-track that plan?

SBR had some real pace at Clipsal - let's not write them off yet...
Old 25 Mar 2007, 11:47 (Ref:1875742)   #17
Sparklehorse
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Perth
Sparklehorse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was lead to believe sbr and 888 share the engine building.

it is not a customer relationship.

they may have to fork out for new personel and new ideas.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 12:10 (Ref:1875761)   #18
gab73
Rookie

gab73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where are all the steve Johnson nockers now???
Goes to show your only as good as the machinery under you.
Old 25 Mar 2007, 21:26 (Ref:1876181)   #19
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I am surprised SBR are having a few engine dramas... presumably the loss of their key engine man is a blow... which might make 888 think twice about next year...
there was nothing wrong with their engines at clipsal. fastest lap... both races
Old 25 Mar 2007, 21:28 (Ref:1876182)   #20
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
always been a fan since the days of the rock, good to see Jr back up from that Canberra Rd all those years a go...
Old 25 Mar 2007, 22:30 (Ref:1876269)   #21
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sweetest words of all "I told You so" for all of you who doubted Steve Johnson's talent as a great race driver the proof is well and truly in the pudding he has maturity and great skill and of Davison and Whincup had not put a cock and bull story to the Stewards about the Pit Lane affair Steve would well and truly smoked his team mate
Old 25 Mar 2007, 23:01 (Ref:1876279)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Corn
The sweetest words of all "I told You so" for all of you who doubted Steve Johnson's talent as a great race driver the proof is well and truly in the pudding he has maturity and great skill and of Davison and Whincup had not put a cock and bull story to the Stewards about the Pit Lane affair Steve would well and truly smoked his team mate
Maybe I missed it, but did he make the podium?

Get as excited at the result as you like, but it wasnt a win....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Mar 2007, 23:55 (Ref:1876304)   #23
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It might not have been a win, but I bet Ross and Jimmy used to get excited back in the days when they were moving forward too!!

See, for DJR, whilst it is not a victory, it is progress, and it sees them shift a long way closer to the front than they have been in the past.

2nd might be nowhere, but to some, 5th is actually somewhere....especially when you consider those before them!!
Old 26 Mar 2007, 00:37 (Ref:1876326)   #24
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's not forget that Steven Johnson finished 4th at Adelaide in 2005 and his team mate finished 4th at Hidden Valley later that year too.

We were all jumping for joy then!

I'm not saying don't get excited but we've seen this a million times before. DJR score a 'solid' result and all of a sudden it's a triumphant comeback? Not yet. Long way to go. Yes it's positive but don't forget Max Wilson got 3rd at Eastern Creek in 2003. . . we all then thought 04 was the year for DJR. Didn't happen.

Luff/Johnson get 3rd at the Sandown 500, 05 was gonna be their year. Didn't happen.

Davison signs on at the end of 05 and then 2006 was gonna be DJR's BIG year. Didn't happen.

I'm happy for DJR and we need more Ford's up there and YES take comfort from a GREAT showing. But a win it ain't. And there shall be NO humble pie served to any knockers just yet!

And how can DJR-fans expect anything other than cynicism from other race fans, the odd Top 5 effort hardly erases 5 straight seasons of nothing. Only being fair.

All in all though, from a team who nearly had to sit out this year, it's great to see some consistent form and a good qualifying effort. . . .finally.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 02:33 (Ref:1876364)   #25
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeh well done to the DJR team and drivers, there results so far this year are very possitive. Keep up the good work.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish