Timo Glock 0 0%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 0.93%
Other 5 4.67%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Jun 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2476944)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Race : GP of Turkey 2009

Let's muscle our brains about this one...
Old 7 Jun 2009, 13:45 (Ref:2476952)   #2
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli or Rosberg? Definitely none of the front runners this time.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 13:55 (Ref:2476958)   #3
Ricky Bobby
Racer

Australia
Ricky Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel.
Good result even though some idiot at RBR put him on a 3 stop stratergy.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2476961)   #4
chavez169
Rookie

chavez169 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:23 (Ref:2476980)   #5
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for Rosberg. Great start, followed by a flawless race.

Good to see a Williams in the points and Toyota regaining their strenght.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2476986)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Webber.

Button on different planet so I can't really vote for him!!

Can't vote for Vettel because he blew it.

Piquet did a nice move...........
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2476988)   #7
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg for me... did everything he needed, and finished much higher than he started. Good to see Williams back up towards the top of the rsults. Nakajima did ok too. Honourable mentions to Trulli for keeping it together and finishing well, and also for Button for yet another flawless race... capitalised on Vettel's mistake and was always fast when he needed to be.

Not sure how anyone can vote for Vettel for this one.... converted pole to 3rd place, and lost the lead in a silly mistake. Button must have been chuckling when he saw it.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2477036)   #8
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Vettel.
Good result even though some idiot at RBR put him on a 3 stop stratergy.
Sorry comrade, Vettel was light, 5 kilos light. Pole would have been Button's, and the mistake was of Vettel's own making. A well deserved second place to Webber, steady faultless drive.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2476987)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button,

Made one minor mistake. Vettel threw it away on lap one so nil points from me.

Rosberg good and so was Trulli but it had to be Jenson today. Hon mensh to Mark though.

Did I see tears in the Rubens interview?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2476991)   #10
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Nah! It's just sweat. *In reply to PM*

Jenson really,but good race from Webber.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2477004)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I know its getting boring for some, but it has to be Button.
He always seems to get the best out of the car without going OTT, and it almost seems like the car is designed around him (like Stoner and Ducati) except his team mate is "almost" there.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2477009)   #12
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I know its getting boring for some, but it has to be Button.
He always seems to get the best out of the car without going OTT, and it almost seems like the car is designed around him (like Stoner and Ducati) except his team mate is "almost" there.
I have voted for Button in the past for this reason, but today he simply did not have to do enough to justify getting DOTR - didn't he start reducing revs before the race was half over? Still, I agree that he is showing consistently that he is both a good and and intelligent driver, and I am happy that this is the case, but today I vote Rosberg.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2477020)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPP View Post
didn't he start reducing revs before the race was half over?
You can do that if you do all the hard work at the beginning.

Certainly when it was obvious that he'd got far enough ahead not to be caught he could turn the revs down.But through free practice and qualifying it didn't look like he had the fastest car.

And he wouldn't be the first driver in history to turn the revs down at the end of a race.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2477024)   #14
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
And he wouldn't be the first driver in history to turn the revs down at the end of a race.
I am not at all implying that he shouldn't have driven prudently as he did; and indeed I think that comparing him to Rubens this year shows how much his prudent, calculating and smooth approach are worth. I just think that he didn't have to work as hard for it this time (just to clarify).
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2477006)   #15
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For a solid, dominating drive it has to be .... Fisichella

In all seriousness Button
Old 10 Jun 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2478839)   #16
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
For a solid, dominating drive it has to be .... Fisichella

In all seriousness Button
haha kudos to Fisi for making it through turn 1 in Turkey without incident - history shows he hasn't made turn two at Istanbul too often before!!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2477022)   #17
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JB - Drove away with it

Actually I disapointed Rubens was not on the list
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2477030)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
JB - Drove away with it

Actually I disapointed Rubens was not on the list
In all fairness to Ruben's he qualified well,and would certainly have given the Red Bulls something to think about.But he does seem to be having a bit of a problem with his starts.

And now maybe he has a 5 grid place penalty for Silverstone,because he's still one race short of his new gearbox allocation.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2477050)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:

And now maybe he has a 5 grid place penalty for Silverstone,because he's still one race short of his new gearbox allocation.
Unless...

"Unless the driver fails to finish the race (see below) the gearbox fitted to the car at the end of the Event must remain in it for three further Events. Any driver who failed to finish the race at the first, second or third of the four Events for reasons which the technical delegate accepts as being beyond the control of the team or driver, may start the following Event with a different gearbox without a penalty being incurred."
FIA sporting reg
Old 7 Jun 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2477073)   #20
chavez169
Rookie

chavez169 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I put Vettel instead of Webber largely because of the difference in pace in the final stint but after hearing that he turned the engine down i guess i would have to say Webber or Button.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2477166)   #21
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think I care enough to vote...I can't remember anybody's drive bar Barrichello's for its sheer awful-ness.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2477179)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I don't think I care enough to vote...I can't remember anybody's drive bar Barrichello's for its sheer awful-ness.
I've always advocated that there should be a WDOTR poll.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2477187)   #23
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I've always advocated that there should be a WDOTR poll.
The Webber DOTR poll? Isn't he always DOTR?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2477048)   #24
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Jenson Button just seems completely untouchable in the Brawn. Like Loeb in a Citreon or Schumacher in a Ferrari.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 17:52 (Ref:2477108)   #25
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel? Why? Started pole, went of track, came third. How can that be DOTR?

In fact how could it really be anyone but Button? Made one very slight error when he went wide, otherwise no apparent mistakes AT ALL.

Webber also very good, but just not as quick.

No-one else even came up on the radar.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.