Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jul 2024, 09:05 (Ref:4219771)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hungarian GP

Looks like it could be a power boat race this weekend, instead of a car race. Looking at the pictures from the Hungaroring, a lot of it under water including the pit lane. Let's hope it drys out in time for the weekend.
Old 18 Jul 2024, 09:11 (Ref:4219772)   #2
Guthrie
Rookie

United States
Atlanta
Guthrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The forecast doesn't suggest that we have any rain throughout the whole race weekend.
Old 18 Jul 2024, 12:00 (Ref:4219784)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Looks like it could be a power boat race this weekend, instead of a car race. Looking at the pictures from the Hungaroring, a lot of it under water including the pit lane. Let's hope it drys out in time for the weekend.

Hungarian Grand Prix chaos as pit lane floods just 48 hours before first qualifying session
Old 18 Jul 2024, 14:29 (Ref:4219786)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Thank goodness this happened on a Thursday
Old 18 Jul 2024, 15:37 (Ref:4219790)   #5
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Latest forecast is saying temperatures up to 30°C for race day, possibly the hottest race of year so far. That should dry out the circuit after the torrential rain.
Old 18 Jul 2024, 23:40 (Ref:4219817)   #6
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thunderstorms and flash flooding if the drainage can't handle the volume of water.
Above normal or average temperatures so late afternoon thunderstorms and flash flooding is not unusual in such climate circumstances.

Hopefully no thunderstorms during the racing.
Old 19 Jul 2024, 07:35 (Ref:4219829)   #7
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is a question. Isnt it about time they let the Senna stuff go for a bit? Yet again we have "Senna tribute kerbs". It seems like every weekend there is some sort of tribute to him.
Old 19 Jul 2024, 08:04 (Ref:4219831)   #8
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Here is a question. Isnt it about time they let the Senna stuff go for a bit? Yet again we have "Senna tribute kerbs". It seems like every weekend there is some sort of tribute to him.
You do realise this is an anniversary year of his death?
Old 19 Jul 2024, 08:49 (Ref:4219835)   #9
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Every year is an anniversary year of a death.

I do agree with v8supes though. Showing respect and a tribute is one thing, but we're now overshadowing every other driver who died in F1. I don't recall anyone doing anything in 2000 for 30 years after Rindt died. Did everyone paint their kerbs blue and white for Jim Clark in 1998?

This no longer feels like a tribute or respecting a driver, rather than a cash in for some social media cred now.
Old 19 Jul 2024, 09:47 (Ref:4219844)   #10
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
This no longer feels like a tribute or respecting a driver, rather than a cash in for some social media cred now.
I'm not so sure. I get the feeling that there is a certain element within the sport that are keen to pay tribute through the whole season in this 30th anniversary, and the plans at Hungary may have been put in place long before the other tributes appeared during the season.

Should Hungary face criticism because they are doing something later in the season - if that just happens to be their slot in the calendar?

To me - it feels like people have a need to be upset about something.
Old 20 Jul 2024, 07:44 (Ref:4219943)   #11
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Every year is an anniversary year of a death.

I do agree with v8supes though. Showing respect and a tribute is one thing, but we're now overshadowing every other driver who died in F1. I don't recall anyone doing anything in 2000 for 30 years after Rindt died. Did everyone paint their kerbs blue and white for Jim Clark in 1998?

As observers following the series and having an outlet or forum to vent on I understand your view.

However, one thought is simply this.
If it is at a venue where Senna raced in period it is appropriate to do something as a reminder and memento of the memory in relatively recent times of the last WDC who died in action and who raced at that venue.

For local enthusiasts and attendees, it is a way of honoring the memory and accomplishments of the last WDC to die in a F1 race.
And Senna was an icon to many people who saw him race locally and who still attend a local GP.
In that sense it is not disrespectful to Senna and to those who genuinely saw him race and remember him it is not a bad thing to do.
It does honor him in their eyes.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 07:18 (Ref:4220017)   #12
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It wasnt so much as being upset about it or saying that they shouldnt do it because of the anniversary it was more the fact that he isnt the only person to have lost their life during an F1 race but it feels like hes the only one they pay tribute to.
Old 19 Jul 2024, 09:43 (Ref:4219843)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
^^I Agree with all of that including keeping respect for Senna^^
Old 19 Jul 2024, 23:03 (Ref:4219912)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crowdstrike PR: "We sponsor cars that drive so fast, your computer will blue screen trying to keep up!"

Also Crowdstrike PR: "Don't mention the blue screen of death!"
Old 20 Jul 2024, 14:14 (Ref:4219975)   #15
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh my Perez into the fence !!!!
Old 20 Jul 2024, 15:53 (Ref:4219976)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, Perez falling apart. Bit of humour hearing Logan complaining about others ruining his lap, a little bit of rain to make the laps challenging, close field, Max angry about having to sit early (I think), great job McLaren, and few wasted laps at the end.

An eventful quali! F1 nailing it!
Old 20 Jul 2024, 17:16 (Ref:4219977)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Unfortunately I had to miss qualifying but a McLaren front row lockout. I can't remember the last time they did that, Brazil 2012?

Super Max 3rd followed by Sainz, Hamilton and Leclerc, we could be in for a great race tomorrow.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 07:10 (Ref:4220014)   #18
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Mclaren's came alive in the cooler conditions,apparently.
Their pace has been visible at the last few races whether it's hot (Norris) or cold (both drivers) though,.
It will be interesting to see what Max's race pace is like and whether Piastri can maintain a race long challenge on pace having sometimes found it difficult to keep his tyres working throughout stints in hotter conditions.
I still feel that once Oscar cracks this, Norris will be under huge pressure.
McLaren will also be under huge pressure to ensure strategy does not compromise either driver.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 08:59 (Ref:4220019)   #19
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've thought for the last few weeks that McLaren probably have the fastest car.Followed by Mercedes or Ferrari-according to how each circuit suits each,followed by Red Bull.It seems to take every last ounce of Max's considerable talent to extract the performance,while his team mate illustrates the real pace.I can't pretend that I have ever liked the Hungaroring as a venue but it has provided some good racing over the years.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:33 (Ref:4220144)   #20
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hungarian GP

Why ITNOG was Norris told to pull over and let Pi
astri win?

Last edited by sparkione; 21 Jul 2024 at 19:53.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 09:02 (Ref:4220021)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
C’mon Mr Piastri.
Win #1 is today!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jul 2024, 09:49 (Ref:4220025)   #22
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
C’mon Mr Piastri.
Win #1 is today!
Hope so but the undercut is going to be huge today.3rd could become 6th without any tactical or driver error.
Getting ahead of his team mate and getting priority call on strategy is the key.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 13:15 (Ref:4220044)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Three wide round Turn 1 and Max leaves the track but rejoins. Looks like he gained a place. Great start by Oscar Piastri.

Edit: Max gives the place back.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 13:31 (Ref:4220045)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brave to keep Max out for so long on this first stint!
Old 21 Jul 2024, 13:53 (Ref:4220049)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Max is not having it his way. Goes wide trying to overtake Lewis.