Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1046609)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now That Was Racing! German GP

Well done Button, Mark, Alonso, Sato (pre spin) and ooh anybody else out there today.

Oh I guess well done to Michael too.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:39 (Ref:1046610)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep. A good race.

Shows what a track designed to aid passing (slow corner onto a straight) can do.

Scary moment for Kimi, but I'm encouraged by the pace he showed and look forward to Hungary.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1046614)   #3
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi is our only hope now.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1046616)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It shows what good coverage can do too. They hardly showed Michael and that was in Germany.

Very good. Lots of switch backs. Easy to see comparisons underbraking, traction, etc...
Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:52 (Ref:1046617)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah was a good race.
Its a pity we seem to be lumbered with an incompetant director or in today's case only half incompetant, as he or she missed many of the overtaking moves towards the start of the race.
I was screaming at the screen saying "stay on X driver" and low and behold the director cuts back too late after the move has been completed.

Its still my aim to be a motorsports director, and i'm currently working as a VT Editor, but there is still some way to go yet.

Last edited by Sodemo; 25 Jul 2004 at 13:55.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:53 (Ref:1046620)   #6
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Racing everywhere but for the lead. Is there any way we can convince Michael Schumacher to make his move while his competitors are actually on the track? Can we pass around a hat and give him the proceeds if he decides to overtake someone for position?
Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1046621)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually yes, they did miss a few moves even towards the end (Pizzonia and Sato for example), but it was because they were trying to show another battle rather than one guy walking away with it.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1046622)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very interesting race indeed. Shame Kimi couldn't be a part of it fully.

And what might have been had Buttons engine lasted the weekend..........

Good stuff!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1046623)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic race all round. The move Sato and Webber put on Trulli was superb, as was Button duelling with Alonso. I thought Kimi dropping out was going to kill off the chance of having much excitement, but I was wrong, and I was gripped to the screen for much of the race. Poor directing didn't help, but I'd still say it was the race of the year.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1046626)   #10
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the directing wasn't poor, in fact it was great
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:01 (Ref:1046631)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep you can only show so much. The Button Alonso thing was fantastic. Especially as Button was holding his helmet visor down.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1046632)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
It was poor towards the start, but got better during the middle.
Quite why the director missed Button's move on Alonso (when Button was holding his visor) is beyond me. I was shouting at the screen that the director should be showing a trackside cam or a forward-facing on-board cam from Button's car, as I could see that Button had a run on the Renault.
I wonder sometimes if the director's they employ have actually had any racing experience themselves, which would help enormously.

Last edited by Sodemo; 25 Jul 2004 at 14:05.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:04 (Ref:1046635)   #13
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The button and Alonso thing is precisely the "battle" that i think F1 needs...not mere overtaking..but a fight for position.

Now..if they can just bring that level up to Michael's level, we'd see a nice battle for the lead.

Button's effort is commendable. So is Sato's and Kimi's
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:05 (Ref:1046640)   #14
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superb drive by Jense, but was it really any better than Webber's performance? RUnning in the top 6 all afternoon, only passed by JB when you think about it. Mark is my driver of the day, no matter what ITV say.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1046651)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It's odd. Just because people praise one person does not mean they are putting another down.

Button came second, Webber sixth, that is why it is mentioned more.

Whatever, why not vote in the driver of the race...
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1046653)   #16
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a bad race overall, good to see some moves happening for a change. It was a shame that Montoya had such a bad start and Schu got away and that was that.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1046657)   #17
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really enjoyed the race.

Mind you a 'carbon fibre' failire for Kimi - someone's 'doobies' will be hanging up in the factory on Monday over that one.

Kimi, though quiet most of the time- has quite a temper on him. That steering wheel is worth £10,000's!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1046659)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Wonder if Aysedasi watched it?
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1046662)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hehehe.....
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:21 (Ref:1046668)   #20
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a nice wee race!

The directing was magical compared to some that we've seen this season...we got to see a decent race for a change, and I don't feel as thoroughly depressed as I usually do following a Schumacher clean sweep.

Lovely.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1046672)   #21
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow,it's allmost like real motor racing isn't it?!

Pity they had to change one of the few awsome tracks to get something that can be passed on-why not fix up one of the **** tracks bernie??You've got plenty of (other people's ) money to do it with!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:39 (Ref:1046684)   #22
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant drive by Jenson, Mark and DC. TGF took it all in his stride for yet another super win.

Kimi had a very hard time - so do a lot of F1 drivers - he needs to 'lighten up' with the press and himself, stop sucking his thumb and get on with it. Not yet a team player IMO.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:43 (Ref:1046690)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fish_Flake
Racing everywhere but for the lead. Is there any way we can convince Michael Schumacher to make his move while his competitors are actually on the track? Can we pass around a hat and give him the proceeds if he decides to overtake someone for position?
Who was Michael supposed to overtake?

He started on pole and led the race.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1046697)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Pitstop

Kimi had a very hard time - so do a lot of F1 drivers - he needs to 'lighten up' with the press and himself, stop sucking his thumb and get on with it. Not yet a team player IMO.

That's unfair, IMO.

He'd just been in a fairly major accident which was caused by factors totally beyond his control.

I'd rather hear real emotion.

Kimi's usually accused of being dull - this shows he has real fire in him.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1046708)   #25
sidsideways
Rookie

sidsideways should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really good race we could do with more loke that. Button was fantastic. How long until he takes P1?