Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Apr 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1578912)   #1
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larbre 'v' BMS

So which is the best?

At top level in GTs (when both both teams have competed) we have:

2002 Larbre FIA GT Champs 1 win (Spa)
2002 BMS 4th FIA GT 4 wins

From hereon diff' to compare direct as Larbre jacked in 03 FIA season early on (except Spa).

But the stats say:
2003 BMS = FIA GT Champs
2004 BMS = FIA GT Champs
2004 Larbre = LMES Champs
2004 BMS = FIA GT Champs
2005 Larbre = FIA GT Champs
2005 BMS = LMES Champs

The debate can be amplified to the nth degree, yes I know.

But I think we are privileged to have (two) such mega -teams gracing the sportscar / gt grids.

Its diff' to call, but if my life depended on it I'd go with BMS purely on the it's 2003 domination in FIA. When Larbre won similar in 01 and 02 it was not nearly as dominant, and but for JCWs red mist at Donington would not have won

BTW - I refer to drivers champs

Cheers

Last edited by Splendid Cat; 11 Apr 2006 at 21:37. Reason: Grammaticla!!!!!
Old 12 Apr 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1579402)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Personally , there is not much between them , but I would go with Larbre . imo .
Old 12 Apr 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1579508)   #3
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree with the above, there is really very little between larbre and BMS so its going to be interesting to see who will win but my money is with
BMS scuderia italia mainly because i prefer them to larbre and i could imagine BMS winning the championship this year but it wont be easy for either team so let battle commence a la silverstone in a few weeks
Old 12 Apr 2006, 15:49 (Ref:1579552)   #4
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Am I missing something really obvious or are those two teams not actually going to be in the same championships this year...? Wanted to make sure so had a brief check of Bramzel's last rumoured FIA GT entry list and the official results page of the LMS Istanbul race... from what I saw it was always one but not the other... Don't think they'll be going head-to-head this year...!?
Old 12 Apr 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1579572)   #5
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will at Le Mans, but Larbre is running a 550. So it's difficult to compare.

Not sure how Spa entry list works - are additional runners permitted beyond today's published list? I'd like to see a Larbre DBR9 at Spa 24.