Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Jul 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2255878)   #1
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blame the umpires

So, V8SCA, have stated the Stewards are too tough, re GT turing right in Jamie at Darwin, whilst going through a left hand turn.

Strange Garth admitted it, yet a QR he had a sook. So Cochrane and Cattach attack the stewards(see V8SC site).

So not only do the drivers abuse Marshall's now the Sports gurus attack the Stewards.

Why bother, volunteering, taking annual leave days, for a bunch of A#$%&%@&#.

Maybe if all marshalls and Stewards boycotted a meeting, the ego's might come down a peg or two.
Old 22 Jul 2008, 14:05 (Ref:2255929)   #2
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco
So, V8SCA, have stated the Stewards are too tough, re GT turing right in Jamie at Darwin, whilst going through a left hand turn.

Strange Garth admitted it, yet a QR he had a sook. So Cochrane and Cattach attack the stewards(see V8SC site).

So not only do the drivers abuse Marshall's now the Sports gurus attack the Stewards.

Why bother, volunteering, taking annual leave days, for a bunch of A#$%&%@&#.

Maybe if all marshalls and Stewards boycotted a meeting, the ego's might come down a peg or two.
Link?
Old 22 Jul 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2256171)   #3
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaya
Link?
AHHHH I'm having a Days of Thunder moment.

As Robert Duvall said, "Rubbin is Racin"

Sadly the original number 46 in V8SC John Faulkner no longer races; because I'd reckon he was a better chance to "hit the pace car" than Dale Wood is !

Although Wood does drive for Greg Murphy Racing.

Last edited by Rachel Richards; 22 Jul 2008 at 21:01.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 01:11 (Ref:2256913)   #4
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards
As Robert Duvall said, "Rubbin is Racin"
http://www.dailywav.com/program.php?...=DaysOfThunder
Old 23 Jul 2008, 09:30 (Ref:2256416)   #5
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaya
Link?
oops

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/content...ill_be_racing/
Old 23 Jul 2008, 04:08 (Ref:2256315)   #6
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kleenex should become a series supply sponser becase they would get alot of their product sold just supplying the category.
Old 23 Jul 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2256451)   #7
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems like fair comment to me.

He said those who believe V8 Supercars is becoming boring should not blame stewards or the judiciary. “I would say we need to have a look at the product,” he said.

Not blaming the Ump there.

Cochrane said V8 Supercars had spoken to CAMS about the severity of the penalty but Cattach said like any other sport, the stewards’ decisions were not infallible. He said even AFL umpires made decisions “that are flagrantly wrong” but that it was also the drivers’ responsibility to race fairly.

“We’ve tried to sort of communicate as best we can by the Driver Standards Observer to the drivers what is expected of them at each race meeting,” he said.

What's wrong with that? Apart from "Trying to sort of communicate"
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:01 (Ref:2257101)   #8
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
It seems like fair comment to me.

He said those who believe V8 Supercars is becoming boring should not blame stewards or the judiciary. “I would say we need to have a look at the product,” he said.

Not blaming the Ump there.

Cochrane said V8 Supercars had spoken to CAMS about the severity of the penalty but Cattach said like any other sport, the stewards’ decisions were not infallible. He said even AFL umpires made decisions “that are flagrantly wrong” but that it was also the drivers’ responsibility to race fairly.

“We’ve tried to sort of communicate as best we can by the Driver Standards Observer to the drivers what is expected of them at each race meeting,” he said.

What's wrong with that? Apart from "Trying to sort of communicate"
You missed the point, I am also an AFL umpire, we see it different to the armchairs and the commentators. THe stewards take in in the information , and base the findings on that. Two dead beats waffle into the argument and blame umpires. Like any sport, the competitors know the rules, turning right into a competitor during a left hand turn deserves a penalty. If this was football, he be booked for a head high.

I recently completed my stewards course, but if this ithe crap that is going to be thrown on me, then i would think twice about being involved.

I say again, Don't let the management dictate the penalties. tHAT IS FOR THE UMPIRES AND STEWARDS, NOT THE CHAIRMAN.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:25 (Ref:2257120)   #9
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If this was football, he be booked for a head high.
LOL. AFL has nothing in common with motorsport.

The closest you could probably go to saying 'as head high' would be someone turning around and deliberately having a head on crash with someone.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2257129)   #10
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY
LOL. AFL has nothing in common with motorsport.

The closest you could probably go to saying 'as head high' would be someone turning around and deliberately having a head on crash with someone.
True stealthy, I was just pointing out how ridiculos the statement from the chiefs of the "supposed top category" in motorsport are.

maybe just a shoulder charge.
Old 24 Jul 2008, 22:18 (Ref:2257444)   #11
nomad_n
Racer

New Zealand
gold coast
nomad_n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well maybe TC should speak to Mr Schenken then, as it is him that is making the catergory 'Boring'. As for having a go at the officals - its always our fault that anything happens........

As for GT's Pently I think its justified as the footage shows he turns right at a left hand corner.
Old 25 Jul 2008, 06:17 (Ref:2257567)   #12
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
You missed the point, I am also an AFL umpire, we see it different to the armchairs and the commentators. THe stewards take in in the information , and base the findings on that. Two dead beats waffle into the argument and blame umpires. Like any sport, the competitors know the rules, turning right into a competitor during a left hand turn deserves a penalty. If this was football, he be booked for a head high.

I recently completed my stewards course, but if this ithe crap that is going to be thrown on me, then i would think twice about being involved.

I say again, Don't let the management dictate the penalties. tHAT IS FOR THE UMPIRES AND STEWARDS, NOT THE CHAIRMAN.

Thanks for that Fomoco. I've been to a couple of hearings so I have an idea what the stewards do. Good luck with your career in stewarding. You've got a long way to go before they'll let you loose with the V8SC boys. But work hard and try not to get involved with boycotting race meeting and you could be very successful.

It's up to you if wish to attend a meeting and you're welcome to stand high on your soap box in here too. But calling for all Marshals to boycott a meeting is a bit extreme in my view.

See you trackside tomorrow?
Old 25 Jul 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2257610)   #13
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
Thanks for that Fomoco. I've been to a couple of hearings so I have an idea what the stewards do. Good luck with your career in stewarding. You've got a long way to go before they'll let you loose with the V8SC boys. But work hard and try not to get involved with boycotting race meeting and you could be very successful.

It's up to you if wish to attend a meeting and you're welcome to stand high on your soap box in here too. But calling for all Marshals to boycott a meeting is a bit extreme in my view.

See you trackside tomorrow?
to be honest, I would never boycott a meeting, its this thing that as volunteer officialls, we never seem to get support from the powers, yet we are the first to be criticised. As for AFL, been blowin the whislte since '75. I would love to be track side this wekend, except, I am umpiring. Once again , interperting the rules, and trying to keep everyone happy.

cheers
Old 25 Jul 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2257692)   #14
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Fair call.

I've always thought that most officials in motorsport are invisible. The ones that cop it are mostly the guys in charge and not the ones in the field. Race Directors, Clerks of Course etc are the ones that seem to cop a serving and generally its from people that know better. Team Managers crying about summary justice etc....

Regardless if we have 5 flag marshals per point or only 1, racing goes on. Its only the rare stuff up such as taking way to long to lift a car and have a race end with a timed finish do we cop a bagging. Most TV and trackside spectators pay very little attention to what we do. They come for the cars, girls etc....

Like I said, we're invisible out there.

Got to say that Wayne's comments could be seen by some as him trying to influence the appointment of the Series Stewards next year....