Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Mar 2003, 14:10 (Ref:545298)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Who's going to Brands for CART?

guys, who's going? Maybe we can meet up on the sunday night for a or 10
Old 23 Mar 2003, 20:40 (Ref:545656)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am, as for a meet there is something under dission in this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=35295
Old 24 Mar 2003, 13:48 (Ref:546363)   #3
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also worth looking at this thread in the Marshals Forum http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=35109

Last edited by TwoSheds; 24 Mar 2003 at 13:49.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 14:28 (Ref:546419)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've done CART for the last 2 years. Brands is too far away, so I won't be going.
Old 24 Mar 2003, 14:55 (Ref:546436)   #5
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Peter S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going. All 3 days. CART is Much better than any formula 1 event. Better racing, drivers are freindly and got the BTCC to support it. What more could any british motor sport fan want.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 09:02 (Ref:547207)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well the Irish contingent will be there. Beware of the Pumpkin!
Old 25 Mar 2003, 15:15 (Ref:547582)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Me too...I'm there all three days.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 15:52 (Ref:547620)   #8
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going but only because the BTCC is there, I went to the Rockingham 500 last year and was bored out of my skull, once they have all got through the first 2 laps (if they make it that far) I will wander off and look at something a bit more interesting.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 16:04 (Ref:547635)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
You mean bloke hunting huh!!!
Old 25 Mar 2003, 18:06 (Ref:547739)   #10
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehehehe If its bloke hunting Claire ya can count me in too !
Old 25 Mar 2003, 20:36 (Ref:547927)   #11
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
You mean bloke hunting huh!!!
I have no idea what you mean!!!
why do you think I became a marshal, it certainly wasn't because I look good in orange, it was the chance to get my hands on all those stricken drivers.
Old 25 Mar 2003, 22:30 (Ref:548085)   #12
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Claire
I have no idea what you mean!!!
why do you think I became a marshal, it certainly wasn't because I look good in orange, it was the chance to get my hands on all those stricken drivers.
Claire!! You ought to try riders and all that tight leather.

Old 26 Mar 2003, 00:11 (Ref:548185)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
aiii. count me in.

both bloke hunting (can show those unfamiliar with the toca support package where to find some talent), and being there for as much time as i can possibly get away with...
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:06 (Ref:548417)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
mmmmm leather......... oops sorry, I was miles away!

Ladies, if you're going man hunting, may I suggest you consider a mechanic. Drivers tend to be egotistical, highly strung and broke!

Mechanics, on the other hand, are usually friendly, unphasable, not broke because they have all the driver's money - and are very useful if your car happens to break down! Observation has shown that they're usually very flattered to get the attention too as normally the driver is the one the girls head for! So you can add grateful to the list!

Guess it depends if you're looking for a trophy or a keeper

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 26 Mar 2003 at 09:07.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 10:55 (Ref:548535)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Or of course divorced male marshals...
Old 26 Mar 2003, 17:53 (Ref:548976)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Ladies, if you're going man hunting, may I suggest you consider a mechanic. Drivers tend to be egotistical, highly strung and broke!
broke? honey, you been lookin' at the wrong drivers all the ones i've, er, met haven't been skint at all...
and mechanics? as well as being nice people they also tend (99 cases out of 100) to be married. major minefield there.

i have to admit to not ever looking at marshals. note to self - do so next race...
Old 26 Mar 2003, 18:05 (Ref:548993)   #17
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about rescue crew?

Last edited by sss; 26 Mar 2003 at 18:06.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 23:30 (Ref:549426)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nah, they're too busy looking at themselves. Those shades have mirrors on the inside you know!
Old 27 Mar 2003, 08:07 (Ref:549669)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
And they are never seen outside or the Rescue Unit either, which makes them tough to spot
Old 27 Mar 2003, 08:56 (Ref:549700)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hmmmm I don't think I'd recommend picking up Rescue Crew - it gets disturbing when you think they're being affectionate and holding your hand and they're really taking your pulse......

Or maybe that only happens to me!
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:00 (Ref:550045)   #21
sss
Veteran

England
do people often think your lacking in a pulse?
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:06 (Ref:550050)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
And now.......back to the subject.....
Old 27 Mar 2003, 15:55 (Ref:550091)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by sss
do people often think your lacking in a pulse?
Well I think it's the idea that I'm lacking a heart and/or brain that prompts the pulse taking....
Old 27 Mar 2003, 16:23 (Ref:550119)   #24
sss
Veteran

England
im saying nothing more dont want any more wrists slapped this week.
Old 27 Mar 2003, 17:00 (Ref:550159)   #25
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to be at Brands, but we (djb and I) will be at Le Mans Pre-Q on the Sunday. With any luck (LOTS of luck) we will have media credentials and will be working the race -- but we'd love to meet up with anybody outside working hours.