Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Sep 2004, 07:49 (Ref:1103559)   #1
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Honest Post Race Wrap *lol*

Devastating result - WPS Wrap
First the summary. Disgusting, disappointing, absolutely gutted, heartache for the team and any fans we have left.

I look at the result and reflect back on the four weeks of constant effort we applied in both theory and practice in preparation for Sandown and I can only say I am astounded and disappointed.

Our driver, and Im thinking especially of Bezzy when I say this, took it upon himself to be a superstar and went against every plan we put together ... and that was after just one bloody turn into a 500km race.

He deserves to have his nuts cut out and put on his ears. I havent been able to speak to him since I gave him a serve after the race.

It was disappointing that his co-driver Neil McFadyen got crook ahead of the race but, to his credit, Neil did push on during practice on Friday.

It was a set-back when he was ruled unfit to continue but he is a talented kid and has a lot of racing ahead of him. You dont win the races he has won and then go out and not put a time on the board around Sandown unless something is up.

When we were forced to replace him with Charlie OBrien it made it a little difficult but it certainly wasnt an insurmountable problem.

Im ashamed of the result we ultimately delivered to the team, the sponsors, my fellow board members, all our staff and, most importantly, my bank manager (ha ha).

The team worked their arses off and they had our cars going sensationally, as you would have seen by the times we were clocking on the Friday. But as things fell apart we fell apart. We tried too hard to recover.

Bezzy is a seriously talented driver. He just needs to understand this is a team sport and requires a team effort to win. Unless he understands that and starts to recognise that Im afraid he wont taste a V8 Supercar victory again. Lets hope he turns it around.

Our other car, with Alex Yoong and John McIntyre, did a great job until the mid stages of the race when I reckon fatigue got the better of both of them. From then our plans fell apart and we failed to recover.

Overall it was a good effort by John and Alex but in the future we need to stay focused for the entire race.

In summary, I believe difficult situations are presented to warn off the weak. Im devastated we embarrassed ourselves and the sport but Im committed to turning it round and Im here for the next three years whether I like it or not & and whether you fans like it or not.

In any case, I dont take any solace in that Zig Ziggler positive bull**** that says from your worst comes your best (blah blah blah). We were a complete and absolute embarrassment.

I hope Bezzy engages his brain next time he gets in the car and leads by example so the other drivers in the team have something to follow.

At Bathurst he has to understand that you cant have any off-road excursions without risking your life. If he starts to think about that when he gets in the car then he might be more focused on keeping it on the god damn bitumen and leading his team, as a good leader should lead, by example to victory.

Victory for us at Bathurst would be finishing the race without coming off and sticking to the #@$%!#% race plan

Check ya.
Gory

Now I found that quite true but amusing...sorry!
Old 22 Sep 2004, 07:57 (Ref:1103561)   #2
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Not that i follow WPS at all, but i like the
proffesionalism about the wrap!

(Our driver, and Im thinking especially of Bezzy when I say this, took it upon himself to be a superstar and went against every plan we put together ... and that was after just one bloody turn into a 500km race.

He deserves to have his nuts cut out and put on his ears. I havent been able to speak to him since I gave him a serve after the race)
Old 22 Sep 2004, 07:58 (Ref:1103562)   #3
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats the most **** poor excuse ofa team manager..

he should be charged by cams for bringing the sport into disripute..

if i was bezzy, id be ripping through him and looking to get out of my contract, no "employee" has to be subject to that abuse, fair enough, do it in private, but not in public..
Old 22 Sep 2004, 08:33 (Ref:1103583)   #4
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe Mr Besnard's salary from WPS is enough to offset the public ridicule that Gore dishes out....
Old 22 Sep 2004, 10:53 (Ref:1103692)   #5
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe they let the wrong driver go.....
Old 22 Sep 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1103709)   #6
TCR-028
Racer

TCR-028 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So you guys don't think that was an honest assessment of how the teams' weekend panned out ??

"Gory" just won me as a fan. At least he didn't trot out the usual tripe like the rest of the teams...

Boppa
Old 22 Sep 2004, 11:07 (Ref:1103716)   #7
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow.

Last edited by Mattracer; 22 Sep 2004 at 11:10.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 22 Sep 2004, 11:11 (Ref:1103721)   #8
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TCR-028
So you guys don't think that was an honest assessment of how the teams' weekend panned out ??

"Gory" just won me as a fan. At least he didn't trot out the usual tripe like the rest of the teams...

Boppa
I think he told it pretty much how it was actually. Good on him lets see if his team talk works for Bathurst.
Old 22 Sep 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1103764)   #9
Bedford
Racer

Bedford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
thats the most **** poor excuse ofa team manager..

he should be charged by cams for bringing the sport into disripute..

if i was bezzy, id be ripping through him and looking to get out of my contract, no "employee" has to be subject to that abuse, fair enough, do it in private, but not in public..
He's calling a spade, a spade... what's the problem?
Old 22 Sep 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1103795)   #10
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gore has gone UP in my estimation. Good to see a high roller speaking from the heart and not slinking around behind a spin (no pun intended) master PR type. Gore has not bought the sport into disripute, he has shown some honesty and our sport can do with a lot more than that!!!! Bring back the BIFF!
Old 22 Sep 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1103801)   #11
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yea he is honest but would you work for him?
Old 22 Sep 2004, 12:59 (Ref:1103821)   #12
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If WPS had runs on the board as a team (a consistently placed front runner) he may have had some justification for bagging his drivers, but the team has no runs on the board so blaming a driver is **** poor.
Its easier to get a quick car for 1 lap IE practice and qualifying than a quick car for the whole race distance and thats something we all know.
Why did BOTH of the team cars have so many off track excursions, Alex drove in F1 so I'm sure he has the mental and physical strength to last a full race in a tourer yet according to Gorey fatigue was the reason for the other cars misdemeanors.
Airing dirty laundry is never a good thing IMO.
Hope the team gives the guys a good car for Bathurst, not that we'd ever know. If they don't win Gore will probably find somebody else to blame IE stewards or other teams, what ever is necessary to keep his SPONSORS happy
Gorys corner is nothing more than a publicity stunt.
Old 22 Sep 2004, 23:57 (Ref:1104466)   #13
TCR-028
Racer

And HRT bringing Brock back isn't ?? Hmmmm...
Old 23 Sep 2004, 00:01 (Ref:1104469)   #14
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I presume this is supposed to be motivational?? Anyone know how he treats the staff in his day job? Hope its not anything like this......
Old 23 Sep 2004, 00:08 (Ref:1104475)   #15
Matt H
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Bedford
He's calling a spade, a spade... what's the problem?
anyone can call a spade a spade, but there are more professional, and diplomatic ways of it.

gore can give bezzy a serve behind closed doors, god knows even i would too. but to do it opening and using the words he did leaves no faith in the team from fans or sponsors.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 00:16 (Ref:1104479)   #16
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by TCR-028
And HRT bringing Brock back isn't ?? Hmmmm...
Who mentioned Brock ?

but I would like to know whether Brockie was brought back for his skill or his ability to rake in merchandise sales and media attention.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 01:35 (Ref:1104507)   #17
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have mixed feelings on this one.
Sure, no one in their "normal" job should have their ass kicked in public but is this the case here ?
Bessy is a sportsman and part of a team and he's hardly the first high paid sporting personality to experience this.
Also, his record is a long way from spotless.
Personally, speaking as a fan of the series I applaud his public response ( Gore ) and his honest appraisal of DB's performance. Much rather read a true summary of the events than a whoile pile of rubbish generated by the TEAM PR person.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 01:48 (Ref:1104510)   #18
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very poor effort from a supposed high flying businessman.

Its all very well to say he speaks his mind, but there a far better ways to handle it than what is essentially bully boy schoolyard tactics. You can be damm sure he wouldn't say the same thing if the driver in question was an established driver such as Bowe or Skaifey.

With an attitude to employees like that, he's not likely to attract the best people to work for him and WPS will remain a bunch of also rans.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 02:26 (Ref:1104522)   #19
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Would be very interested on the thoughts of 1 Mr Noske
on this one. Im sure he's been treated much the same way.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 02:36 (Ref:1104525)   #20
Aquarius
Racer

Aquarius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandgroper
Would be very interested on the thoughts of 1 Mr Noske
on this one. Im sure he's been treated much the same way.
Maybe that is why he is not part of the team anymore.

I reckon you are spot on Alan Jones, I agree with all your sentiments exactly, well done.

Last edited by Aquarius; 23 Sep 2004 at 02:37.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 03:02 (Ref:1104536)   #21
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
stuff like that should be kept behind closed door, noone deserves to be publicly humiliated like that, how do you think bezzy feels reading that? or how would you guys feel if it was you??
Old 23 Sep 2004, 05:05 (Ref:1104562)   #22
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, aj_308. In fact how would Craig Gore feel if one of his team members publicly delivered a candid and unfavourable report on his abilities as a team owner/manager?
Old 23 Sep 2004, 05:14 (Ref:1104563)   #23
TCR-028
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by mixxer
Who mentioned Brock ?
No-one. I was referring to the fact that you said it was "nothing more than a publicity stunt". Which is pretty much what HRT are doing with Brocky...
Old 23 Sep 2004, 05:47 (Ref:1104576)   #24
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Harves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Besnard was at fault here, he did try to win the race at the first turn and continued to have a shocking day. I'm not fond of Gore but can you blame him.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 05:55 (Ref:1104581)   #25
Matt H
Veteran

so harves, using that logic, anyone that makes a mistake, or is a bit eager to do something quicker than what should be achieved, they deserve the public *******ing that besnard got ??? good on ya

trtue bezzys driving was at fault, %100, but for a team manager to ridicule his driver, why would the driver want to hang around??

lets put this one together, did Mcfadyen get a similar private serve, and act sick, so he wouldnt be put down in public ?