Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Dec 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1488742)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oreca in 2006......?

An interview with Hugues de Chaunac on Infoscourse.org gives an indication of Oreca's likely sportscar/GT plans over the next couple of years. The full interview (in French) can be found here.

They are working towards a GT1 project for 2006 which will include entry at Le Mans and some other races, FIAGT or LMS. There are currently two possibilities: the first would be as an official works team (Aston Martin or Corvette), the second would involve a constructor seen periodically in GT racing (no clues except that it won't be a Lambo or any other marque associated with VAG). A final decision will be made in mid January.

The team is also working towards securing an Audi R10 (or maybe two!) for 2007. Negotiations are ongoing with Audi.
Old 23 Dec 2005, 03:56 (Ref:1489085)   #2
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
The second would involve a constructor seen periodically in GT racing.
Dodge/Chrylser?
Old 23 Dec 2005, 05:02 (Ref:1489095)   #3
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well that would be just tooooooooo much to ask for. It does look like they are still active with Dodge, as they are preparing the copetition coupes for the GT3 challenge, so I guess you never know.
Old 25 Dec 2005, 01:59 (Ref:1489880)   #4
jross427
Racer

jross427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saleen, with Acemco, have the car under that name, but ran by oreca, they (Acemco) already have a pre-selection.
Old 5 Jan 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1495486)   #5
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmed: link
Old 5 Jan 2006, 12:57 (Ref:1495503)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Best news yet .....
Old 5 Jan 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1495517)   #7
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Best news yet .....
Too right!!

Incidentally, the DSC release of this news suggests we're likely to see a third Saleen on the grid at Le Mans. I'm assuming this refers to Acemco.........
Old 5 Jan 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1495520)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the Oreca are a french team, is it any more likely that we will see a car that the ACO seem to dislike given any more entries than those pre selected?

Lets hope so, if not maybe WR and Oreca should team up, a WR/Oreca/Saleen would be very hard to turn down!!
Old 5 Jan 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1495521)   #9
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Could we perhaps see a Playstation livery on the Oreca Saleens?
Old 5 Jan 2006, 14:16 (Ref:1495546)   #10
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon we will see 3 S7R on the grid . Oreca has a prerequsite by being french and by being a crack outfit , and Acemco has a by . I could also see Playstation being involved too .

Zakspeed , afaik , have their drivers picked for their car . Im hopeing that maybe Uwe Alzen might get a chance in the Oreca car .....

I must say , that i am delighted about this gem of news . I have missed that car at Le Mans the past few years .
Old 5 Jan 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1495581)   #11
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Given that Oreca are Hoping to get entries, does this mean the cars will also make the trip to Sebring and run a full LMeS program.

Is it possible one of the cars will be a joint Oreca/Ameco entry to take advantage of the pre selection?

Are Zakspeed or Konrad hoping to be in france in June as well?

btw, have Saleen overcome the problems that made the car a bit of a handful when run with the ACO spec wings that lead to ameco pulling out last year?
Old 5 Jan 2006, 15:10 (Ref:1495592)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is this pretty much confirmation that Konrad will be returning to the Porsche stable in 2007, with the Spyder?
Old 5 Jan 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1495594)   #13
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is GREAT news! We will most likely see 3 Saleens back on the gird at Le Mans. That is such great news!!
Old 5 Jan 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1495609)   #14
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just when I thought the Saleen has said goodbye to the top of international motorsport this happens. Awesome news, and I hope they succeed
Old 5 Jan 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1495656)   #15
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is definitely good news. But I'm just not sure how competitive this car can be in true ACO trim. We shall see though. Certainly if the car is capable of more then ORECA is the team to do it. Stephane Ortelli in a Saleen perhaps?

And we also now know what ORECA are doing while they wait for an R10.
Old 5 Jan 2006, 16:51 (Ref:1495666)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=jhansen]This is definitely good news. But I'm just not sure how competitive this car can be in true ACO trim. We shall see though. QUOTE]

I'm very dubious about this claim.
Old 5 Jan 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1495677)   #17
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen

I would have thought this deal is for more than one or two years, maybe there is a replacement for the S7 coming soon.

I can't see Oreca getting there hands on an R10 anytime soon.
Old 5 Jan 2006, 17:31 (Ref:1495699)   #18
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
I would have thought this deal is for more than one or two years, maybe there is a replacement for the S7 coming soon.

I can't see Oreca getting there hands on an R10 anytime soon.
Oreca will want the Saleen deal AND the R10.

They don't conflict and theres a big void after the end of the Viper deal.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 03:53 (Ref:1495963)   #19
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
Oreca will want the Saleen deal AND the R10.

They don't conflict and theres a big void after the end of the Viper deal.
From HdC-statements I understood that they will run the saleens as semi-works-effort this year and will switch to a R10 next year, while the saleens will be run by customer-teams.

With the experience of Oreca gained with the Vipers I expect the S7R to become more reliable next year (at least the Oreca-ones) so this may develop into a "Oreca vs. Prodrive"-battle in the various GT1-grids?
Old 5 Jan 2006, 17:15 (Ref:1495680)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
This is definitely good news. But I'm just not sure how competitive this car can be in true ACO trim. We shall see though. Certainly if the car is capable of more then ORECA is the team to do it. Stephane Ortelli in a Saleen perhaps?

Perhaps Oreco will be able to persuade the ACo to revise the wing specs again
Old 5 Jan 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1495662)   #21
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didnt the ACO make the rules that made Saleen rear wing smaller and make the car unsafe cause of that Acemco drop of of Le mans this year
Old 5 Jan 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1495673)   #22
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto
Didnt the ACO make the rules that made Saleen rear wing smaller and make the car unsafe cause of that Acemco drop of of Le mans this year
Weeks after ACEMCO withdrew from Le Mans, the ACO changed the rule back to the 2004 spec rear wing width. So ORECA (and any other Saleen team wishing to race in Le Mans or the LMS) can run the same width wing that was on the ACEMCO car in the ALMS this season (after Road Atlanta round)
Old 5 Jan 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1495719)   #23
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I thought the ACO made a revision last year prior to Le Mans, but too late for Acemco/GNM since both had already declined (Acemco) or withdrawn from the reserve list (GNM). I'm sure this step was taken after the amendment made by IMSA for the ALMS.
Old 6 Jan 2006, 13:32 (Ref:1496188)   #24
stoney
Rookie

stoney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed - I was quite surprised by the press release saying that the S7R was really successful (although obviously it was bound to!). I'm not a great follower, but always had the impression it never really delivered on promise...?

Hopefully the Oreca investment will bring some new blood to the car
In the words of the ancients, one should make his decisions within the space of seven breaths. When your mind is going hither and thither, discrimination will never be brought to a conclusion. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side.
Old 7 Jan 2006, 23:56 (Ref:1497047)   #25
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney
Agreed - I was quite surprised by the press release saying that the S7R was really successful (although obviously it was bound to!). I'm not a great follower, but always had the impression it never really delivered on promise...?
Well, Konrad and Vitaphone have gotten poles and wins in it. Enough to give marketeers solid ground for calling a car successfull