Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Sep 2007, 20:00 (Ref:2021236)   #1
tullster
Rookie

England
Bexleyheath, Kent
tullster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wtcc - 23.09.07

Firstly, thanks to all those on post 18 who made the weekend good fun - we had enough to keep us busy throughout the weekend and the additions by the camera man kept us occupied during the downtime (Those who were there will know what i mean! )

Moving on, I feel it's only right i share this one - 2nd race - a certain IO was tasked with collecting Mr Larini's front offside headlight unit from trackside - simple stuff so far - come the end of the race he was seen crouched in his chair taking the lamps out of the said unit!!!!!!!

It only remains for me to say, you can take the IO out of Liverpool ......
Old 23 Sep 2007, 21:58 (Ref:2021313)   #2
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dee and I had a great weekend on post 20, Our cameraman well.... I have known more charismatic tea bags but nevermind. Great weekend. Great team and a good giggle. Also had fun in the Kentagon on Saturday evening. Cheers for the free beer Mr Plamer always apprciated and cheers to who ever organised the free brekky for doing the hot laps (Mildred?? Thanks) and Dee managed to blag a ride in one of the cars too, cheeky cow.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 08:20 (Ref:2021485)   #3
BSA Susie
Racer

United Kingdom
Southampton
BSA Susie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto to the good time and the free vouchers on Saturday night and a fantastic breaky, which just about beat me! Thanks to all involved.

I had a great time with our limited numbers on 6.

I'm very happy as I got 2 hats, a WTCC one from a (drunk) catering worker in the bar and a Brands Hatch winners one from the last Porsche race.
If you don't ask, you don't get!

Great to meet Mr Bryant too, but is a just a coincidence that as we were chatting a WTCC spun past us on the way to the grid!
The JB effect again!
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:24 (Ref:2022077)   #4
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSA Susie

Great to meet Mr Bryant too, but is a just a coincidence that as we were chatting a WTCC spun past us on the way to the grid!
The JB effect again!
Ditto Susie! I have to say I think my effect is over-rated... Although yes, I had just turned up when the WTCC spun.

And I was at Sheene when the Aston hit the barrier...

And I turned up on Post 10 for 5 seconds before a spin that almost took out 3 others...

Be afraid if I turn up
Old 24 Sep 2007, 08:33 (Ref:2021503)   #5
brandspost4a
Racer

Scotland
Tunbridge Wells, KENT
brandspost4a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullster
Moving on, I feel it's only right i share this one - 2nd race - a certain IO was tasked with collecting Mr Larini's front offside headlight unit from trackside - simple stuff so far - come the end of the race he was seen crouched in his chair taking the lamps out of the said unit!!!!!!!

It only remains for me to say, you can take the IO out of Liverpool ......
Just watched the highlights of the races on Eurosport, the IO concerned cannot deny this as one shot shows quite clearly the "gentleman" concerned trotting off the track having just collected his booty!
Old 24 Sep 2007, 09:31 (Ref:2021555)   #6
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, hands up, the IO in question was me! The bulbs from Mr Larinis car are now sitting in my spares box, as for the lamp unit it was beyond salvaging!

On a professional point, I would like to thank everyone on post 18 for the enjoyable weekend. We didn't have too many incidents over the 3 days but those that we did have were handled speedily and most importantly safely! Even if the International Formula Master (Formula Fire!) manged to pull off at the furthest point from us with a burning engine! My son Tom enjoyed his first two days as a marshal and even managed to get in a WTCC Seat as it was was being recovered. Thanks for everyone on post for making him welcome. I think we have captured a new marshal at a young age. I just hope that BRSCC (SE) alllow him to go on the bank for the Formula Ford Festival.

Last edited by Mike Kelly 1; 24 Sep 2007 at 09:34.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 24 Sep 2007, 09:54 (Ref:2021566)   #7
mandyh000
Racer

England
Rugby
mandyh000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend thanks to god knows how many free beer tokens on Friday and Saturday night!!!! Good craic on Post 25 and good job to the lads to deal with the Seat on fire on Sunday and the Marcos on Saturday.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 11:19 (Ref:2021623)   #8
brandspost4a
Racer

Scotland
Tunbridge Wells, KENT
A great weekend down on the beach at the bottom of Paddock Hill. A great team and nice to meet visiting marshals from the West Country. Thanks Robin and Keiron. Hope you had a good trip home. It was a fairly quiet weekend for us though I did have to watch the highlights of both WTCC races this morning to see what happened as in the first race we had visitors, Nicola Larini and the Russian driver. By the time we had the cars moved, chatted to Larini an wrote the report up the race was over. Second race, in came Alex Zanardi on the first lap. Again by the time the team and got the car moved to a place of safety, helped Alex in through the gravel, chat etc write report
race over!

Considering that both Larini and Zanardi were in the kitty litter through no fault of their own, they were both very much gentlemen thanking the whole team for their help. Some BTCC people could learn some manners from both of these gentlemen.

Sorry if I scared anyone by appearing on the telly chatting to Nicola Larini in the first race, but it was unknown to me. However I looked reasonably slim compared to the originator of this thread who had appeared on the box the previous day. In fact he was given a new nickname on Sunday by Bacon Sandwich. So Mr Tullster, how much for not spilling the beans on your new name
Old 24 Sep 2007, 12:22 (Ref:2021693)   #9
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandspost4a
So Mr Tullster, how much for not spilling the beans on your new name
Being as he spilled the beans on my relocating of Chevrolet light bulbs I am more than willing to inform all and sundry of Mr Tulls new nickname. Bribes willingly accepted.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 24 Sep 2007, 13:21 (Ref:2021736)   #10
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1
Being as he spilled the beans on my relocating of Chevrolet light bulbs
Or "Leveraging"

See

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...87#post2020387
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:42 (Ref:2022089)   #11
tullster
Rookie

England
Bexleyheath, Kent
tullster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kelly 1
Being as he spilled the beans on my relocating of Chevrolet light bulbs I am more than willing to inform all and sundry of Mr Tulls new nickname. Bribes willingly accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandspost4a
In fact he was given a new nickname on Sunday by Bacon Sandwich. So Mr Tullster, how much for not spilling the beans on your new name
What the hell - It's gotta be better than Broomboy!!!!!

Rather than give either of you the satisfaction - thanks to Sue and my appearance on Eurosport with the Formula Fire it's now "Telly Tully"

Before anyone says it - La La, Poh, Dipsy and Tinky Winky were not on post with me!!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 07:59 (Ref:2022343)   #12
brandspost4a
Racer

Scotland
Tunbridge Wells, KENT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullster
Before anyone says it - La La, Poh, Dipsy and Tinky Winky were not on post with me!!
Are you sure?
Old 24 Sep 2007, 17:00 (Ref:2021889)   #13
jr7661
Rookie

jr7661 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post 19 was pretty busy too,especially when the heritage cars came out.
aston martin decides too lose it big time straight into the alcove 2 feet away.
tried for 20 mins too get his wing out of the alcove.
A few more grey hairs now lol
john
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2022083)   #14
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
You should see the JB effect on the pit girls too. JB on one knee, peering through the view finder and the poor lasses knickers, and she points out to him that he hasn't even got the lens cap off. Tut tut John.

Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:39 (Ref:2022087)   #15
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You git

I'd just rushed to change lens and hadn't noticed!

I'll get you for that one Mr Cooke! <shakes fist>
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:43 (Ref:2022091)   #16
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant
You git

I'd just rushed to change lens and hadn't noticed!

I'll get you for that one Mr Cooke! <shakes fist>
That ol' chesnut hmmmm.

Was good to see you over the weekend
Old 24 Sep 2007, 21:00 (Ref:2022097)   #17
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccooke

Was good to see you over the weekend
You too mate as ever. When you at Brands next? FFF?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:25 (Ref:2023348)   #18
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For all marshals who helped at WTCC at Brands Hatch last weekend. An extract from email from Dave Scott, which applies to one and all....

"The timetable was a challenge and the difficulty of moving cars to and from the paddock presented particular issues.

Notwithstanding, we made it and, except where competitors antics produced a shortened race, everyone got what they were promised.

Eduardo Freitas, along with the MSA Steward Nicky Moffitt and the International Stewards Carlos Bertrand and Yves Bacqueline were most complimentary and passed on their thanks to all concerned with the running of the event.""

Again, well done folks!!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:26 (Ref:2023350)   #19
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I had to go home Saturday Night My Little girl was in Hospital but she is home and well now.
Missed Post 24 but i hear it was busy.
See you all at Thruxton.....
Old 26 Sep 2007, 20:34 (Ref:2023854)   #20
Do_it_in_orange
Rookie

Do_it_in_orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heya all

Hi all,

Im new on here but hi to Chris (Brands Hatch Post 4a) had a great day at the WTCC my first ever weekend and we will definatley be returning, the attitude of everyone was twice as good as some others circuits.

I was suprised when i walked in on Friday mornin and Mildred tells me that im on Paddock Hill well what a introduction.

We had Tiago Monteiro in the tire wall in the Saturday warm-up what a nice guy he was.

Then in the first race we had Nikkala Larrini and the young russian bloke again nice guys, then i had a little challenge as i had to help Alex Zanardi through the gravel.

But like i said all nice people a great team to work with espcially Chris, thanks for the introduction we will be back for trucks.