Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 24 Sep 2007, 11:28 (Ref:2021630)   #1
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Transponders

I'm going to order an AMB 260R Transponder, thats the recharchable type, but are there any websites that log your track activity ? I know you can get results and timings on the MST site in PDF after an event has completed but what about live timings ? and how come 750mc aren't on the MST site ?

Also should I buy from MSTTiming or direct from HS Sports ?

thanks
Andy.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 11:50 (Ref:2021657)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
750 Motor Club don't use MST to time their events - HS Sports do.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 08:04 (Ref:2143019)   #3
Tick Tock Man
Rookie

Tick Tock Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
750 Motor Club don't use MST to time their events - HS Sports do.
...and they don't use HS Sports either, just equipment and software supplied by HS Sports. Timing is done by independant MSA registered timekeepers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
mylaps.com is for anyone worldwide with an Ambit transponder.
Unfortunately, I believe that this is only if the race organisers are using AMB's Orbitz results software.
Old 13 Nov 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2334367)   #4
graham allen
Rookie

United Kingdom
kent
graham allen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only person slightly peeved at the apparent monopoly AMB have over race transponders? The price has just gone up and up, the technology has not really progressed, and there is no alternative brand.

One possible way to save money is the Kart 160 transponder. Apparently it works fine so long as it is close to the ground, less than 30cm, and you do not exceed 100mph crossing the finish line.

Has anyone tried this cheaper option or are you just too fast??
Old 24 Sep 2007, 12:22 (Ref:2021692)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
For starters I would get the wired in one, I have heard of people having issues with the battery ones. They are very simple to wire in, I take one from my alternator and one to ground and hold it on with tie wraps and use it between two vehicles, takes a few minutes to swap over.

I think clubs have to pay MST for the privalige as Combe Race Club is also not on there. It was much better about 6 months ago and was virtually live but their site seemed to go a bit wobbly then all we were left with was this pdf download thing which is not quite so good but is still updated through the day.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 12:38 (Ref:2021702)   #6
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
CCRC is on there...
Old 24 Sep 2007, 22:07 (Ref:2022159)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
CCRC is on there...
You are right sorry.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 13:26 (Ref:2021742)   #8
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
hmm, interesting point about the battery ones.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 16:10 (Ref:2021848)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I've had a rechargable one for a few years, since they were mandatory anyway, and have not had any problems with it.
The big downside is that you need to keep recharging it and it takes over 24 hours from flat and the charge only lasts three days.
If you only have one car or don't share I would go for a fixed one.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2022128)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I've had a wired in one since we had to have them , never had any trouble and just wired it to the ignition coil. You still have to hire another one for places like Spa though !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 7 Oct 2007, 19:59 (Ref:2034279)   #11
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
I went for a battery powered transponder in the end, i borrowed one recently and it did the job and was quick to fit. Saves me having to wire it in, i had in mind to add a fuse and switch so its not always on, but job done now

um and the website i was referring to before was mylaps.com but someone told me its only for US

Last edited by woodyracing; 7 Oct 2007 at 20:03.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:26 (Ref:2035229)   #12
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyracing
um and the website i was referring to before was mylaps.com but someone told me its only for US
World wide. AMB is an Italian company and has most of the top motorsports, motorcycles and bicycle races listed.

An event promotor may choose not to have a LIVE feed outside race venue and only post times after the race.

Plus some teams my also chose not too allow public access to their lap times AFTER a race, but only the final placing.

At the tracks here in the US most are on WIFI networks so we just take the lap tops and have all the races with live timing and scoring feed.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 20:04 (Ref:2035259)   #13
Charlie
Rookie

Charlie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyracing
mylaps.com is for anyone worldwide with an Ambit transponder.

Simply register with your transponder number and provide a few details about yourself. The trick is getting the timing organisation your organiser uses to upload the laptime information to the site.

I race in the Scottish XR2 Championship and can get all my laptimes and analysis there. The data is provided to them by our timekeepers SMART just hours after the race meeting. It's actually annoying when we race at a circuit at which other timekeepers are used and we can't get the info uploaded.

Have a look at www.mylaps.com/profiles/index.jsp?membername=Fat%2069&id=45210 to see my info

Last edited by Charlie; 8 Oct 2007 at 20:13.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 10:40 (Ref:2035737)   #14
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
cool, looks good thanks.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 09:52 (Ref:2039711)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
After checking, my transponder did work at Spa on Friday. Although last weekend I was told that it wouldn't work and I put in one of theirs. The last thing you need in a grid of 70+ cars is no time after qualifying !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Oct 2007, 07:13 (Ref:2040467)   #16
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
After checking, my transponder did work at Spa on Friday. Although last weekend I was told that it wouldn't work and I put in one of theirs. The last thing you need in a grid of 70+ cars is no time after qualifying !
I did,nt have any issues at Spa Gordon,but then I did,nt do Barrys Race
Old 1 Mar 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2141733)   #17
Copperbottom
Veteran

Copperbottom has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Where's a good place to buy said transponder??
Old 2 Mar 2008, 20:21 (Ref:2142565)   #18
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperbottom
Where's a good place to buy said transponder??
Try www.hssports.co.uk
Old 13 Nov 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2334526)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I know of several tracks where I in my humble Anglia cross the line at well over 100mph !
Old 13 Nov 2008, 21:10 (Ref:2334542)   #20
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i got 95 mph over the line at brands in my audi a4 diesel with the misses in the car on a track day ,so as gordon says over 100 in some thing a bit soooped up is more than possible
Old 14 Nov 2008, 04:56 (Ref:2334659)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwoody
i got 95 mph over the line at brands in my audi a4 diesel with the misses in the car on a track day ,so as gordon says over 100 in some thing a bit soooped up is more than possible

Get it chipped.
Old 14 Nov 2008, 10:27 (Ref:2334765)   #22
graham allen
Rookie

United Kingdom
kent
graham allen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, OK it looks like I need a tranx260 as I dare not admit I might be sub 100 across the line at Brands, but why is this monopoly allowed?

Any by the way, any Anglia that does 100 anywhere fails the criteria requirements for Humble by about 50mph.
Old 14 Nov 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2334820)   #23
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham allen
OK, OK it looks like I need a tranx260 as I dare not admit I might be sub 100 across the line at Brands, but why is this monopoly allowed?
Because that IS THE WAY IT IS.

Propitiatory software is not a monopoly, it is normal acceptable business.

Don't get the battery model get the direct wire

Besides using Mylaps dot com to look at your races, and competitors times is great.
Old 14 Nov 2008, 13:23 (Ref:2334841)   #24
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by graham allen
Just looked at the price and it appears to be around a 30% increase from last year and over 50% from when I bought mine.
Prices will always be high while people continue to buy them. Don't but them and the price will fall but then you don't get to race do you.
It's the rip off culture we live in.
Old 14 Nov 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2334942)   #25
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
contact a reseller, and maybe if you get 10-15 guys together you can get a discount.