Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jun 2008, 22:04 (Ref:2229732)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[V8SC08R06] Darwin (merged)

Hidden Valley here we come....

... well the V8Supercar circus anyway.

Any fresh ideas as to why one pilot and team is better than another pilot and team?

I suspect Mr Winterbottom will 3peat the event but we shall see what HRT comes back with, after a consistency-free season thus far....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Jun 2008, 02:54 (Ref:2229813)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1st - Tander - the fightback.
2nd - Lowndes - always there or there abouts here.
3rd - Whincup - continueing the form.
4th - Winterbottom - ditto Whincup.
5th - Skaife - ditto Lowndes.
6th - R.Kelly - the consistancy continues.
7th - T.Kelly - the rise of JDR again.
8th - Murphy - the new car has to come good soon.
9th - Davison - hes going well atm.
10th - McConville - ditto Davison.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 05:13 (Ref:2229837)   #3
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In short -

At each event one driver or team has had their initial setup guess right on the money. Refinement has seen that setup guess become more educated while everybody else is still searching.

Where the team has 2 drivers capable of taking advantage of that setup, both drivers have been prominent. Where not..........

History suggests 888 and HRT/HSV will be prominent, recent form suggests that FPV will be thereabouts and both SBR and JDR are on the march forwards.

Quite where that leaves BJR & DJR is something TLA's* can't quite describe.

*(three letter acronyms)
Old 16 Jun 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2230080)   #4
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Do not like this track, lol.
Old 21 Jun 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2233928)   #5
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching paint dry, or the USA Golf Open is more exciting than the Hidden valley taxi rank. Wow, the supposed top cat in Aus Motorsport, racing a round a single lane track. As to who gets it, well who ever is on pole and gets the start.

I think watching rust grow, is more fun , the usual suspects will have the mid field crash and bash thru the turns.

I think I will mow the lawns.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 06:51 (Ref:2236336)   #6
sadman87
Rookie

sadman87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well since its my local i hope to go.BTW what's wrong with our track?
Old 24 Jun 2008, 07:17 (Ref:2236348)   #7
motofan
Racer

motofan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yea cant help agree with everyone else who ever gets pole has got this in the bag!
as for who will get pole id say frosty hell be raring to go after his test today

im sick of australian tracks they are to narrow was watching the nascar in which marcos was havin an awsome race till he was bussled from behind, americans jsut seem to no how to design a race trackt here was pleanty of overtaking due to the sheer width of the track
Old 24 Jun 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2236637)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofan
yea cant help agree with everyone else who ever gets pole has got this in the bag!
as for who will get pole id say frosty hell be raring to go after his test today

im sick of australian tracks they are to narrow was watching the nascar in which marcos was havin an awsome race till he was bussled from behind, americans jsut seem to no how to design a race trackt here was pleanty of overtaking due to the sheer width of the track
Just wait until they go to Watkins Glen in August, you'll love that one.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2238790)   #9
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofan

Even the ovals seem to offer more exciting race finishes in Nascar. As much as I enjoy our V8's, I am enjoying the Nascars more. Even in the Nationwide series, you have 43 odd cars, and the winner can come from the back of the grid.

The more nascar I watch, the more boring the V8 Supercars seem. Maybe Darwin will be a corker this year.. We can only hope.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 09:00 (Ref:2237069)   #10
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadman87
Well since its my local i hope to go.BTW what's wrong with our track?
um, single lane racing. Pass what passing., good drag strip on the main straight.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 05:34 (Ref:2238507)   #11
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco
um, single lane racing. Pass what passing., good drag strip on the main straight.
Being a bit parochial here I have to admit, but, it is narrow no argument however I would suggest there are 4 proven areas to overtake. There probably is another one as well if you really wanted to push the issue. As Rotorfan says if you are crafty enough to set the pass up it can be done. Now if they changed the rules so that if you didn't fart on someone you get a drive through then it opens even more up.
Old 24 Jun 2008, 08:39 (Ref:2236393)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey sizzle you going this year?
Old 25 Jun 2008, 02:47 (Ref:2236936)   #13
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
hey sizzle you going this year?
There is every chance you will find me around my usual (and some new) haunts PR yes.
Old 27 Jun 2008, 04:17 (Ref:2238494)   #14
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the Hidden Valley track, and I like that Australian tracks are narrow. There are opportunities to pass, you just need to be crafty enough to make them.

Isn't this the round that they are debuting the new Dunlop compound? Its supposed to have more grip. Will we see lap records beaten?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 03:52 (Ref:2241944)   #15
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
motofan would give Crazy Dave Coulthard a run for his money. Och aye tha noo ********!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 2 Jul 2008, 05:32 (Ref:2241964)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
motofan would give Crazy Dave Coulthard a run for his money. Och aye tha noo ********!
Crazy Dave here at da Hidden Vally race trizzack. My m8's Jaime C and Ricky K b holdin it down like Dave does wif da ladeez. Be ready 2 c mad overtakins and **** from her....oh wait, Crazy Dave realised dis track be wiggity wiggity wack, too narrow for da crazy stylin's of da vee-8z. If you don't think so, I shall come over there and kick three different colours of **** out of you.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 00:53 (Ref:2242720)   #17
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
well done.

Old 4 Jul 2008, 03:23 (Ref:2243537)   #18
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else having issues getting onto live timing??
Old 4 Jul 2008, 03:37 (Ref:2243544)   #19
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All good here NAC
Old 4 Jul 2008, 03:40 (Ref:2243545)   #20
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Tracy, I'm finally up
Old 4 Jul 2008, 04:08 (Ref:2243550)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
P1
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jul 2008, 04:35 (Ref:2243555)   #22
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
And P2
Old 4 Jul 2008, 05:06 (Ref:2243561)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Where was TKR in P2?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jul 2008, 06:03 (Ref:2243571)   #24
Retired Racer
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Retired Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont panic GTR - he's out in the third session. So the car must be at the track eh?
Old 4 Jul 2008, 06:07 (Ref:2243572)   #25
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anyone on why there was a long red flag
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish