Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2009, 02:00 (Ref:2411770)   #1
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brawn GP discussion ideas [MERGED]

Along with the excitement there is for all of us with this "new" team, I am sure we are all wondering just how this thing will perform with all the inherent aspects of being on the back of their heels so to speak compared to the other teams.

Of course only time will tell, but one thing I have wondered lately is if sometime down the road, if there is a fair amount of "respectable" performance evident, would Schuey sr would ever be tempted to get involved given his close relationship with Brawn?

Complete conjecture of course, but with the two of them present, the magnet effect would certainly begin to occur in terms of other top personnel, sponsors etc. Just an idea and again, complete conjecture if the idea would even appeal to Schuey in terms of a new challenge, although I suspect he would be much more analytical to something like this than JV was with his "challenge" experiment with BAR....not to mention any loyalty issues with Ferrari (and lets face it, ulcer issues and family time issues that would be part and parcel with a team management involvement)

cheers
Old 9 Mar 2009, 07:51 (Ref:2411897)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I imagine Michael would be consulted on an unofficial basis occasionally. It isn't totally out of bounds that he could do some testing (unlikely). I could perhaps see him coming in on some driver mentor basis for young drivers, or something. It is all a bit stretching, though.

I imagine Ross is going to be looking to the future with this thing. Michael is the past. I wouldn't bet money on them getting together anytime soon.

They're surely going to be somewhat hampered compared to others. I think we need to see this coming season as their base year. Nevermind all the Honda history. Just take this to be the year we don't take as being accountable to them, but from 2010 it has to count.

I don't imagine they will be particularly brilliant this year, at least initially, but Brawn knows what needs to be done. Give it a couple of seasons. Provided they can get a good income secured, well, surely they must improve?

I want to add that I started this thread as an experiment of my "blind" typing abilities (that is, not looking at the keyboard). I usually look at the keyboard as a bit of a psychological cruch. It has turned out I type fast and accurately "blind": it hasn't been absolutely 100% perfect, but the occasional mistake I have made has been corrected (whilst staying "blind").

I didn't realise I was this good at typing. I do believe I have another thing to add to my CV.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 12:03 (Ref:2412078)   #3
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought Shumacher would still be tied in with Ferrari. Would he come over to play with his mate Brawn? Perhaps.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2412079)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo View Post
I would have thought Shumacher would still be tied in with Ferrari. Would he come over to play with his mate Brawn? Perhaps.
Ferrari might encourage it. He'd be able to gather feedback on the Mercedes engine.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 12:52 (Ref:2412122)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Ferrari might encourage it. He'd be able to gather feedback on the Mercedes engine.
I'd have thought that it would be more of a question of Mercades allowing it?

Personally, i can't see it happening all the time Michael is tied to Ferrari.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2412087)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
While Michael is under contract to Ferrari I doubt that Ross Brawn would want him near his team..
Old 9 Mar 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2412131)   #7
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tidy car. I like it. Looks nice and balanced.

They need some sponsors though!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2412144)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Michael's too busy falling off motorcycles to be bothered about F1 any more.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 14:56 (Ref:2412232)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Nice,simple livery on trucks.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...reverse_order=
Old 9 Mar 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2412284)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Nice,simple livery on trucks.
Nice and simple = nice and cheap

No expensive repaints required, just peel off everything that says "Honda" and slap on a bit of cheap vinyl with no fancy bits
Old 9 Mar 2009, 19:16 (Ref:2412403)   #11
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Are Henri-Lloyd clothing official sponsors of Brawn or is it just a case of them quickly needing to get some kind of uniform and they offered the cheapest bulk buy price? All the team and both drivers have been plastered in their stuff since Friday.

Here's Rubens sporting both Henri-Lloyd hat and coat:
http://www.autosport.com/gallery/photo.php/id/123638

By the way, EuroBrawn FTW!
Old 9 Mar 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2412415)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I think it's a breath of fresh air..
Old 9 Mar 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2412423)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
BWIN the gambling concern are reportedly going to be a sponsor.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 04:56 (Ref:2413389)   #14
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I think it's a breath of fresh air..
no thats just the KERS devices doing their part.
Old 9 Mar 2009, 15:10 (Ref:2412243)   #15
djb
Veteran

to be realistic, Schuey would have to have a fair amount of time between his connections with Ferrari and any doings with anyone else, the whole gardening year off sort of thing. My thinking was more down the road a fair bit, if the team is still around and doing alright.

and Dutton, 30 odd years back I took a grade 9 typing class, figured it was an easy credit but after all these years, and since personal computers came into our lives, I am very glad I took it and the training stuck and it is very useful. 1977, manual typewriters, regular old ink ribbon ones, tests with no whiteout use...good training.

The testing times from today do make me recall Prosts' times, we shall see we shall see but all of your comments about this year being what it is are realistic, but it is daunting thinking of the funding necessary to carry on this sort of game, don't envy the team leaders/owners at all.
Old 11 Mar 2009, 07:02 (Ref:2413415)   #16
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still dont understand why Brawn brought a struggling formula 1 team but i do back him all the way and the testing times are looking good
Old 11 Mar 2009, 10:04 (Ref:2413518)   #17
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
/\ Cos they'd started work on the new car last June/July, and it was his first full Honda project. The car (from my understanding) was almost complete when Honda pulled out in December. The main changes that needed to be undertaken were making the car suitable for a Mercedes engine as oppose to a Honda engine. After spending that much (I presume it was alot...) on developing this chassis, it would seem a waste in Ross' eyes for it to never hit the track.

Selby
Old 11 Mar 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2413640)   #18
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car is remarkable. Its only been on track for 3 days now and is consistently fast. Today again they were at the top of the time sheets. The day may not end that way but last year they could not even make it there with an empty tank.
Honda leaving only hurt the team. I wonder how they feel now seeing the car they created looking very promising?
Old 15 Mar 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2416042)   #19
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will Brawn be racing in these strange colours all year?

These colours are a bit strange, these white and "slime green".

If they're to race without sponsorship this year, surely you'd use the freedom to race in a decent colour?

Why not British Racing Green?

By the way, how do you post pictures on this forum?
Old 15 Mar 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2416079)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Why not what they have? It simple, smart looking and very down to the business at hand...
Old 15 Mar 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2416084)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
It's a 'neutral' livery that is 'sponsor friendly'.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2416088)   #22
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's a 'neutral' livery that is 'sponsor friendly'.
not clutching at straws are we lol? why not british racing green?
Old 15 Mar 2009, 18:26 (Ref:2416089)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
not clutching at straws are we lol? why not british racing green?
Why should it be ?
Old 15 Mar 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2416109)   #24
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
The livery would've been something of an afterthought.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2416133)   #25
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
The livery would've been something of an afterthought.
yes i suppose.

may be a good idea to give the children of brackley primary school some felt-tip pens and paints to make it...er...stand out.