Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 27 Mar 2009, 12:11 (Ref:2426076)   #1
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who's doing what?

Trying to make our mind up what to do this year and wondered who's doing what.

Whose out in N/W, M/S and National rounds.

The MS round at Silverstone is cleverly placed on the 12th April, the second day of a 2 day meeting. That means test on the Friday, twiddle thumbs on Saturday, back to Silverstone on the Sunday.

Makes the cost of accomodation uneccesarily expensive.

Well done BRSCC, fingers on the pulse of grass roots racing as usual.

Finally, why is it that hardly anyone posts on here any more? There's nobody to wind up anymore. Where's a Dawkins when you need one?
Old 27 Mar 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2426094)   #2
mwg
Rookie

mwg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had noticed that about Silverstone...

We are entered for the National round at Anglesey. Shouldn't the finals be out soon?
Old 27 Mar 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2426157)   #3
kartingdad
Veteran

Another BRSCC coup at the NWFF round on gthe 25th April with every chance of the last race being curtailed. They really know how to look after the regulars, don't they.

Testing restricted to one 55 minute session only on the Island circuit, at a time of day yet to be decided at a cost of £99.

Racing is on the International circuit apparently.

Have Max and Bernie taken over Club FF1600 this year?

https://tickets.motorsportvision.co....ton%20Park.pdf
Old 27 Mar 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2426161)   #4
mwg
Rookie

Curtailed or the race will be cut short...
Old 27 Mar 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2426265)   #5
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy,

Silverstone

Why stay? You can go to Church on Sunday morning and still get to Silverstone on time - late start.
IMHO it's better than Qually Sat and Race Sunday

25th April
BRSCC had to put a lot of effort into getting you an extra Oulton round on this {non race} event as guests. As it is a 'timed' event for them, there shouldn't be a problem with our timeslots - unless the drivers cause it themselves..
Yet again a late start, so you can go to the Synagogue first and still get to Oulton on time.

And if it wasn't for one of your fellow competitors dealing with MSV direct, there wouldn't have been any testing at all. So it's probably better to be doing than to be seen whingeing - you'll be getting yourself a reputation if you aren't careful. I couldn't choose which smilie to use, so I've plumped for both.

Moving on. It looks like the credit crunch is hitting home if the early NW/Nat entry is anything to go by. I think there'll be a few more, but not at our usual level.

There has been a big black hole in one of the email addresses at BRSCC

Attention - email problems from BRSCC server to AOL

Since the 3rd March 2009, for some reason all emails that have been sent to Kevin Shortis at formulaford@brscc.co.uk have been lost as they get forwarded to his own email address formulaforduk@aol.com

It appears that either AOL have blocked all BRSCC mail or that some other reason exists. In the meantime please send any email for Kevin Shortis to fordracinguk@aol.com

So there may be some entries sent that haven't arrived. If you have entered and don't appear on the list below, please contact Carole Jackson on 01732 780100 option 4

Also the same applies for championship registrations. Take a look at www.clubformulaford.info and click on Competitor Listings. If you have registered and don't show, resubmit your registration to FormulaFordUK@aol.com

Event No 3 Creative LED Solutions Club Formula Ford NW (Post 89) Championship Rd 1 & 2
A
0 Neil Patten Medina Sport / Patten Holdings Van Diemen RF99
2 Simon Kinsey Windyridge Garage Ltd Van Diemen RF01
3 Matthew Parr Future Webs & Sign Shop Van Diemen RF01
7 Martin Short Medina Sport / Ovalworld Van Diemen RF00
9 Jeff Hodgson Harts Caravan Park Van Diemen RF02
15 Jose Maria Driver Ray GRS09
19 Cormac ONeill Moston Ray GR08
20 Benji Hetherington EOS Productions/ Century Motorsport Ray GRS08
22 David Grady Unitec Motorsport Van Diemen RF02
23 Scott Malvern Lamberhurst Corporation/Scandoc/Baines of Ripon Ray GRS08
54 Douglas Crosbie PCA Safety Ltd Van Diemen RF00
78 Joe Walton Driver Ray GRS05
91 John Murphy Driver Van Diemen RF99
B
36 Mike Booker Driver Swift SC95
56 Martin Galpin AK Plant Hire/number66.net Swift SC94
66 Rory Butcher Driver Van Diemen RF92
92 Mike Devoy Harrison Willis & Moore Chartered Surveyors Van Diemen RF92

Event No 1 Creative LED Solutions Club Formula Ford NW (Pre 90) Championshiponship Rd 1 & 2
C
1 Nigel Thompson Red & Black Racing with Brighter Technology Ltd Van Diemen RF88
14 Clive Thompson Medina Sport Reynard FF88
27 John Farrell Glyngary Sash Windows Reynard FF89
44 Lee Hannam Medina Sport Reynard FF88
62 Robert Wyke Driver Reynard FF89
D
2 John Wilkinson Driver Van Diemen RF86
7 Nigel Dolan Driver Van Diemen RF86
8 Mario Sarchet Murphy Motorsport Van Diemen RF85
21 Barry Thompson SSD Ltd Van Diemen RF86
26 Mike Mullins Driver Van Diemen RF86
33 Bruce Evans B J Welding Reynard FF84
46 Stuart Dix Driver Reynard Lightning
50 Ian Parkington Ballpark Engineering Ltd Reynard RF84
72 Matthew Ridge Driver Van Diemen RF86
Old 27 Mar 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2426311)   #6
kartingdad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
Andy,

Silverstone

Why stay? You can go to Church on Sunday morning and still get to Silverstone on time - late start.
IMHO it's better than Qually Sat and Race Sunday

25th April
BRSCC had to put a lot of effort into getting you an extra Oulton round on this {non race} event as guests. As it is a 'timed' event for them, there shouldn't be a problem with our timeslots - unless the drivers cause it themselves..
Yet again a late start, so you can go to the Synagogue first and still get to Oulton on time.

And if it wasn't for one of your fellow competitors dealing with MSV direct, there wouldn't have been any testing at all. So it's probably better to be doing than to be seen whingeing - you'll be getting yourself a reputation if you aren't careful. I couldn't choose which smilie to use, so I've plumped for both.

Moving on. It looks like the credit crunch is hitting home if the early NW/Nat entry is anything to go by. I think there'll be a few more, but not at our usual level.

There has been a big black hole in one of the email addresses at BRSCC

Attention - email problems from BRSCC server to AOL

Since the 3rd March 2009, for some reason all emails that have been sent to Kevin Shortis at formulaford@brscc.co.uk have been lost as they get forwarded to his own email address formulaforduk@aol.com

It appears that either AOL have blocked all BRSCC mail or that some other reason exists. In the meantime please send any email for Kevin Shortis to fordracinguk@aol.com

So there may be some entries sent that haven't arrived. If you have entered and don't appear on the list below, please contact Carole Jackson on 01732 780100 option 4

Also the same applies for championship registrations. Take a look at www.clubformulaford.info and click on Competitor Listings. If you have registered and don't show, resubmit your registration to FormulaFordUK@aol.com

Event No 3 Creative LED Solutions Club Formula Ford NW (Post 89) Championship Rd 1 & 2
A
0 Neil Patten Medina Sport / Patten Holdings Van Diemen RF99
2 Simon Kinsey Windyridge Garage Ltd Van Diemen RF01
3 Matthew Parr Future Webs & Sign Shop Van Diemen RF01
7 Martin Short Medina Sport / Ovalworld Van Diemen RF00
9 Jeff Hodgson Harts Caravan Park Van Diemen RF02
15 Jose Maria Driver Ray GRS09
19 Cormac ONeill Moston Ray GR08
20 Benji Hetherington EOS Productions/ Century Motorsport Ray GRS08
22 David Grady Unitec Motorsport Van Diemen RF02
23 Scott Malvern Lamberhurst Corporation/Scandoc/Baines of Ripon Ray GRS08
54 Douglas Crosbie PCA Safety Ltd Van Diemen RF00
78 Joe Walton Driver Ray GRS05
91 John Murphy Driver Van Diemen RF99
B
36 Mike Booker Driver Swift SC95
56 Martin Galpin AK Plant Hire/number66.net Swift SC94
66 Rory Butcher Driver Van Diemen RF92
92 Mike Devoy Harrison Willis & Moore Chartered Surveyors Van Diemen RF92

Event No 1 Creative LED Solutions Club Formula Ford NW (Pre 90) Championshiponship Rd 1 & 2
C
1 Nigel Thompson Red & Black Racing with Brighter Technology Ltd Van Diemen RF88
14 Clive Thompson Medina Sport Reynard FF88
27 John Farrell Glyngary Sash Windows Reynard FF89
44 Lee Hannam Medina Sport Reynard FF88
62 Robert Wyke Driver Reynard FF89
D
2 John Wilkinson Driver Van Diemen RF86
7 Nigel Dolan Driver Van Diemen RF86
8 Mario Sarchet Murphy Motorsport Van Diemen RF85
21 Barry Thompson SSD Ltd Van Diemen RF86
26 Mike Mullins Driver Van Diemen RF86
33 Bruce Evans B J Welding Reynard FF84
46 Stuart Dix Driver Reynard Lightning
50 Ian Parkington Ballpark Engineering Ltd Reynard RF84
72 Matthew Ridge Driver Van Diemen RF86
Oi !

I wasn't whingeing, just pointing out some shortfalls and inconveniences.

Old 27 Mar 2009, 19:13 (Ref:2426356)   #7
mwg
Rookie

I'm a bit irritated that I haven't been allocated the number 66. I first contacted the BRSCC in November 08 about using the number in National meetings this year and finally got confirmation that I would be allocated the number in Feburary on the proviso that I registered for the Championship early (and the money was debited almost immediately). When the competitor listings were published on the site I notice that both myself and Rory Butcher had been allowed 66 (this is not an issue with Rory!), although for M/S and N/W championships respectively. It now transpires that I will get priority for M/S races and he for N/W races and I am in the crazy situation of having to change the number on my car after Sunday and before Friday to do the Silverstone round and continue to alternate for the year!

I'm only mildly annoyed by the allocation and seriously annoyed at the incompetence it represents!
Old 27 Mar 2009, 22:02 (Ref:2426474)   #8
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg View Post
and I am in the crazy situation of having to change the number on my car after Sunday and before Friday to do the Silverstone round
Martin,
I thought you were only doing the National dates, so wouldn't have expected you to be racing at the MS Silverstone meeting, as it isn't a National qualifier.
And Rory has run as 66 for the last couple of years, except when he had to change as we had another No.66 already registered.
Leave it with me and I'll have a word with Rory on Monday - I'm not promising anything though.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2426463)   #9
FranksWilde
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
FranksWilde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
25th April
BRSCC had to put a lot of effort into getting you an extra Oulton round on this {non race} event as guests.

So what you are saying Diz is that the NW championship nearly ended up with only 3 rounds at Oulton?

Shouldn't it be called the North Wales Championship?

I know people at the BRSCC work hard to put together a calendar for the Formula Fords but in these hard times wouldn't it be cheaper for most concerned if the racing was more Oulton based.

Having double headers at Anglesey may reduce per/race costs but this is negated by the travelling and accomodation costs.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2426465)   #10
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranksWilde View Post
So what you are saying Diz is that the NW championship nearly ended up with only 3 rounds at Oulton?

Shouldn't it be called the North Wales Championship?

I know people at the BRSCC work hard to put together a calendar for the Formula Fords but in these hard times wouldn't it be cheaper for most concerned if the racing was more Oulton based.

Having double headers at Anglesey may reduce per/race costs but this is negated by the travelling and accomodation costs.
Malcolm,
If you can get more Oulton rounds then go ahead and do it.
Old 27 Mar 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2426468)   #11
FranksWilde
Racer

United Kingdom
Manchester
FranksWilde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Malcolm,
My name is Frank!

Why is it so difficult Diz? That's a genuine enquiry not a winge.
Old 28 Mar 2009, 09:04 (Ref:2426903)   #12
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Malcolm,
Hey Diz.

Not a good response mate to a simple enquiry!

The BRSCC have 'allowed' the Championship to be pushed out of Oulton. Not long ago, we had every round at Oulton!

I have no problems with going to Anglesey and thoroughly enjoy a good weekend up there, but it 'was' the Champion of Oulton. How can the BRSCC lose so many dates???
Old 27 Mar 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2426501)   #13
dhart
Racer

dhart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diz, can we have 66 if it becomes avaliable please, we are a little irritated that it wasnt offered to us...........really how do you put up with it?
Old 27 Mar 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2426507)   #14
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhart View Post
..........really how do you put up with it?
Old 27 Mar 2009, 22:59 (Ref:2426509)   #15
kartingdad
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhart View Post
Diz, can we have 66 if it becomes avaliable please, we are a little irritated that it wasnt offered to us...........really how do you put up with it?
We are running no. 99 this year. But just to be awkward we are putting our numbers upside down..

Inspired by a top bloke we know who put the mandatory series black (or white) stickers on his black car. Hehehehe
Old 28 Mar 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2426856)   #16
mwg
Rookie

I think you are all missing the point - it's not the allocation that annoys me but the poor communication! I know Rory has run the number and I am fine with that - its the messing about after being told one thing and then another 6 days before we leave for the first race.

Diz - Do not worry, it is Rory's allocation - it's only a number! But I did actually register for both National and M/S back in Feburary!
Old 28 Mar 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2427047)   #17
dhart
Racer

dhart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=mwg;2426856]I think you are all missing the point - it's not the allocation that annoys me but the poor communication!

MWG no ones missing the point!, you have just stumbled into a long running sometimes amusing saga of numbers ,stickers ,clothing and other toys out of the pram tantrums, that year in year out Ian Smith has to deal with....dont know how he has kept his hair so long. If its not 66 its 77 or 37

You are not alone,fraid you have been spoilt by your FV organisers....welcome to the BRSCC!....
Old 28 Mar 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2427114)   #18
mwg
Rookie

You know, the 750MC might not be perfect, but they are surprisingly efficient and well organised - the BRSCC could learn alot from them. And of course, I know it is not Ian's fault. Time to move on.
Old 30 Mar 2009, 09:37 (Ref:2428820)   #19
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a Gough-piloted Ray out this year?
Old 30 Mar 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2429077)   #20
kartingdad
Veteran

There certainly will be. in fact both of them will be having a go. Can't wait.

Will there be a Dawkins about?
Old 30 Mar 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2429095)   #21
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartingdad View Post

There's only five days to wait and you could have them both out - one each day.

It would also give JD a double target for the weekend. Oh I forgot, none of them have entered yet.
Old 31 Mar 2009, 08:51 (Ref:2429572)   #22
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartingdad View Post

I will be at some point, but not this moment in time unfortunately :-(
Old 1 Apr 2009, 07:13 (Ref:2430332)   #23
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Numbers?

Apologies for being a real "newbie" here and perhaps there is something that I am unaware of but there seems to be quite a bit of debate/dispute about allocated championship and race numbers and about drivers with identical numbers having to defer to what is considered the priority series.

There are currently about 50 drivers registered for the NW & MS championships combined. The National series of course overlays both championships. Surely the obvious solution would be to allocate numbers 1 through to 99 regardless of which championship a driver registers for and that way there could never be any dispute when a driver from the MS and the NW enters the same event or am I being completely daft? Apologies if I am!! (and if I am I'll get me coat)
Old 1 Apr 2009, 08:01 (Ref:2430353)   #24
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Bring back whitewash

FFfan
What you say appears logical, but even the 1 - 99 system has happened in the past and still they weren't happy.
You wouldn't believe the 'importance' some drivers attach to their number. We've had a meeting with a couple of drivers to thrash out a solution to their squabble. We even had one driver who stopped racing because he couldn't have the number he wanted.
It appears crazy, but true.

I'm old enough to remember when the first race on a programme was numbered 1- 30, the second race 31 - 60 etc. If you were in the last race you could be number 216.
Also, they didn't have self adhesive vinyl numbers in those days, just a signwriting bloke at scrutineering with a tub of whitewash and a brush. "What number are you today young man?" followed by a swift flourish of his bristles. This worked fine for all cars - except the white ones. In this case, there was a tub of blackwash and another brush on standby.

I've often wondered if the correct word for the opposite of whitewash is blackwash, but both words are probably totally not politically correct nowadays.