Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jul 2001, 13:42 (Ref:111729)   #1
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
M. Schumacher Wins in France

The juggernaut continues, another fine victory for TGF. Coulthard damages his chances for WDC with Pit Lane Speed Penalty.
France: Grand Prix
BEST LAP : COULTHARD 1'16.088
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P. No Driver Team - Engine Tyres Gaps/Laps Average Stops
1. 1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari B 1h33'35"636 Km/h 2
2. 5 R.SCHUMACHER Williams BMW M + 0'10"300 195.734 Km/h 2
3. 2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari B + 0'16"300 195.526 Km/h 3
4. 4 COULTHARD McLaren Mercedes B + 0'17"100 195.498 Km/h 3
5. 12 TRULLI Jordan Honda B + 1'08"200 193.741 Km/h 2
6. 16 HEIDFELD Sauber Petronas B 1 lap(s) 2
7. 17 RAIKKONEN Sauber Petronas B 1 lap(s) 2
8. 11 FRENTZEN Jordan Honda B 1 lap(s) 2
9. 9 PANIS BAR Honda B 1 lap(s) 2
10. 23 BURTI Prost Acer M 1 lap(s) 2
11. 7 FISICHELLA Benetton Renault M 1 lap(s) 2
12. 22 ALESI Prost Acer M 2 lap(s) 2
13. 14 VERSTAPPEN Arrows Asiatech B 2 lap(s) 2
14. 19 DE LA ROSA Jaguar M 2 lap(s) 3
15. 20 MARQUES Minardi European M 3 lap(s) 2
16. 8 BUTTON Benetton Renault M 4 lap(s) 2
17. 21 ALONSO Minardi European M 7 lap(s) 2
18. 18 IRVINE Jaguar M 18 lap(s) 0
19. 6 MONTOYA Williams BMW M 20 lap(s) 0
20. 15 BERNOLDI Arrows Asiatech B 55 lap(s) 0
21. 10 VILLENEUVE BAR Honda B 67 lap(s) 0
22. 3 HAKKINEN McLaren Mercedes B 72 lap(s) 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unofficial Results- Information: http://www.f1-live.com
Old 1 Jul 2001, 13:51 (Ref:111731)   #2
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems Michael Schumacher is on schedule to top the 9 victories/season record. Go Schumi !!!

Old 1 Jul 2001, 14:04 (Ref:111737)   #3
davebreen
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
davebreen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked like a stroll in the park for TGF, and another 10 second penalty ruins the day of one of his rivals? Wonder if there is any connections? Good to see Trulli establishing himself as the best driver in the "best of the rest" category. Maybe its time Jordan realise that HHF just isnt up to the job anymore
Old 1 Jul 2001, 14:14 (Ref:111743)   #4
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know, did Alonso retire, or just get miles behind
Old 1 Jul 2001, 14:44 (Ref:111759)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
*yaaaaaaaaawn*

Not only was it a pretty dull race (credit to Eddie Irvine for getting a bit of racing action in there), James Allen also bored me half to death with his ridiculous and completely unfounded speculation ("Rubens might be going two-stop!" Pardon?).

I'm glad to see Ralf finally going ahead of that waste of space Barrichello in the championship.
Old 1 Jul 2001, 14:45 (Ref:111761)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
*yaaaaaaaaawn*

I'm glad to see Ralf finally going ahead of that waste of space Barrichello in the championship.
Harsh, Steph, just a little harsh.

It was a yawn though.
Old 1 Jul 2001, 14:46 (Ref:111762)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
Originally posted by davebreen
another 10 second penalty ruins the day of one of his rivals? Wonder if there is any connections?
You didn't spot the Ferrari guys at both ends of the pitlane with speed guns then?
Old 1 Jul 2001, 15:44 (Ref:111794)   #8
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great...the start of a new conspiracy?

Oh, by the way, Ralf told his team personnels to keep a very close lookout for any violations by any team (Mclaren and Ferrari) and to appeal whenever possible...now...i wonder who it is that coughed on the Mclarens...

And it wasnt really a bore towards the end when you see Rubens and David fighting it out...
Old 1 Jul 2001, 15:48 (Ref:111796)   #9
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralfs Girl, do i sense sour grapes?

A solid win for Michael, but Montoya really impressed me today. He clearly outdrove Ralfie, and deserved more than a DNF. Rubino too was good, and DC determined his own destiny.

P.S RT you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 1 Jul 2001, 16:16 (Ref:111808)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
neutral, I think she was joking.
Old 1 Jul 2001, 16:23 (Ref:111811)   #11
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eero, i dont think she was.
Old 1 Jul 2001, 20:31 (Ref:111862)   #12
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
James Allen also bored me half to death with his ridiculous and completely unfounded speculation
Well, the Norwegian commentator made me mad by stating (when Montoya was closing on Ralf) that "Montoya will probably punt Ralf off the track." I beg your pardon? Not only does Montoya get it from that die-hard TGF fan when he does something (wrong), he also gets it in advance for what the commentator speculates that he might do! Next time I'll watch the entire race on RTL.

I agree the race was pretty boring, it was a big shame that Montoya retired, he had Ralf well beaten and could perhaps have rattled TGF towards the end. As it turned out, the end result was pretty disappointing. It would have been better if the brothers had ended up in the reverse order, and if DC hadn't had that wretched stop and go penalty! He was pretty quick out there today, but this is probably it for the championship then.
Old 1 Jul 2001, 20:43 (Ref:111865)   #13
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R - Don't listen to the Norwegian commentry if you can help it. (They don't have a clue).
Try the BBC Five live commentry (693 MW) if you have a good radio. (I can get it in Stavanger). Otherwise they have previously sent the five live commentry on NRK "altid nyheter" radio. (Haven't heard it this year tho'.
If the transmition rights allow, they have a live stream on the internet.
Old 1 Jul 2001, 21:04 (Ref:111880)   #14
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny W.
R - Don't listen to the Norwegian commentry if you can help it. (They don't have a clue).
You're quite right there! Hell, even I'd do a better job, and I don't have a clue!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenny W.
Try the BBC Five live commentry (693 MW) if you have a good radio. (I can get it in Stavanger). Otherwise they have previously sent the five live commentry on NRK "altid nyheter" radio. (Haven't heard it this year tho'.
If the transmition rights allow, they have a live stream on the internet.
I live too far east in Norway to be able to receive the Five live commentary properly, but if it's on "alltid nyheter", I'd be able to catch it. I don't know if it is on during F1 broadcasts, but I'll check it out next time. Thanks for the tip, I'll also check out their website. Otherwise I'll listen to the Germans.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 01:21 (Ref:111942)   #15
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm just going to make a little announcement - ALL OVER RED ROVER. No one will touch Michael this year. He is too fast and too consistent.

Can someone please tell me how good David Coulthard is? I almost forgot after the 53rd time James Allen and Martin Brundle told me.

Drives of the day (in order)-
Eddie Irvine
JPM
Nick Heidfeld
Michael Schumacher
Luciano Burti
Jarno Trulli
Old 2 Jul 2001, 03:22 (Ref:111950)   #16
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be said that race was rubbish. Shame Juan wasn't on a one stopper - could have made things differently..

I think that is the fourth race that JPM has led this year (Brazil, Austria, Nurburgring, Magny Cours)
Old 2 Jul 2001, 04:04 (Ref:111960)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This race was too boring for me to even bother watching all of it. I had to go to a historics race where I saw a local man in a Porsche 911 EVO lap the entire field on his way to a very easy victory - and saw a bunch of Atlantic Historics lapping at 1.23, or well ahead of the modern FFords which lap at 1.29 ...

And nobody was tattling, cheating, trying to kill anyone, or under team orders.

Altogether a lot more fun than Formula One.

I did hear that Mama Schumacher reprimanded Big Brother and told him not to try to kill his younger brother again. I hope he listened but I don't think I'll bet on it.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 04:16 (Ref:111963)   #18
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You didn't spot the Ferrari guys at both ends of the pitlane with speed guns then?
Noope, but I saw one Ferrari guy with a temperature meter (three times)...
Old 2 Jul 2001, 05:17 (Ref:111968)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Thi swas th efirst time that I switched the TV off, let teh VCR run, and went to bed half way through. What should have been a great race was spoilt by the Mclaren foul-ups, and the second set of Michelins on Ralf's car.
However, we can't blame TGF, because he drove a faultless race.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 06:58 (Ref:111985)   #20
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael at fifty. Well done -- and watch out Professor.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 07:18 (Ref:111986)   #21
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Montoya has worked out how not to crash. He just drives within himself like Button did. The last two results he has had basically nothing to do, except coast to the finish line. That is not the way to reignite the sport as some ppl are hoping for. Although i think he will come good once he realises that winning gran prixs are more important than getting minor points for Frank.
Old 2 Jul 2001, 08:46 (Ref:112005)   #22
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The boredom factor of this race was right up there with Nurburgring and good old Barcelona (the last 4 yrs). Anyone who finds the highlight of the race DC's 10 second penalty or as being the pivotal moment needs their head read. Try watching the CART race from cleveland and compare the difference in wheel to wheel racing and the lead changing about 10 times
Old 2 Jul 2001, 08:50 (Ref:112007)   #23
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree with the lot of you, fairly boring race last night and I am sick of losing one of the main drivers because of an engine stall / TC fault etc. Sucks big ones when you have drunk half a gallon of coffee staying up all night just so you can see it. then we loose someone without even making the start?
AJ ( the real one ) made this comment during the telecast last night and I agree with him totally.
Did enjoy the jag's performance last night . Excellent
Old 2 Jul 2001, 10:07 (Ref:112018)   #24
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
i agree with the lot of you, fairly boring race last night and I am sick of losing one of the main drivers because of an engine stall / TC fault etc. Sucks big ones when you have drunk half a gallon of coffee staying up all night just so you can see it. Excellent
Holy suffering catfish!! Surely you are not complaining about having to stay up?? We had the best pre race entertainment anyone could ask for - what the heck were you doing? Instead of drinking half a gallon of coffee, you should have stuck with XXXX and enjoyed the magic of Alf and the Maroons. Staying up all night just so you can see it is not your problem - staying awake to watch the race after the State of Origine was. Oh heck!! I just checked your profile - you're from Sydney. Sorry!!
Old 2 Jul 2001, 10:25 (Ref:112022)   #25
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ValveBounce said:
Quote:
Holy suffering catfish!! Surely you are not complaining about having to stay up??
Sorry valve , last night's start time was great. it's the 12pm or later I was referring too.
I have to admit, Queensland played great though I gave up and I switched to Hornblower after the first 15 mins The Blues were giving me a good case of them.
Alfie played great looking at the highlights and you guys kicked our ass!!!

God that was hard!