Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 6 Apr 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2667759)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
New race car magazine about to be launched.

Came across this and thought it looked interesting especially the bit about free subscription to the first 25,000 subscribers! Seems like they have some top writers on board and hopefully will be better than the prolifera of boy racer junk mags currently on the market, I just aint interested in boom boxes and drifting!
http://www.trackdriver.com/
Old 6 Apr 2010, 18:00 (Ref:2667791)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Signed up - can't hurt, can it?

Cheers Al
Old 6 Apr 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2667794)   #3
kjw
Racer

United Kingdom
East Kent
kjw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not April 1st is it? Signed up anyway.
Old 6 Apr 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2667811)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah I have signed up too, no April the 1st was last week!
Old 6 Apr 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2667941)   #5
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks to be UK only though
Old 7 Apr 2010, 07:07 (Ref:2668067)   #6
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they get 25000 sign up, that's a good subscriber base to sell the magazine to advertisers - big ones - to pay for it, allowing it to be a "free paper" for us motorsport types. Then any sales they get on the news stands is a bonus.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2668075)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark Hales seems to be involved and it seems to be a reincaration of the old "Circuit Driver" Magazine which MH used to write for.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 12:29 (Ref:2668216)   #8
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't actually say anywhere it's a paper magazine; I guess it's going to be an e-zine...

Not a great survey "are you more interested in: single singles, saloon cars" [cough] I suspect there might be another category.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2668244)   #9
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graeme,

It's most definately a paper based direct to customer magazine.

No need for concern on Sports cars, John Hayman is the launch Editor and is something of a believer - editorial is well balanced.

It's a great survey if all you needed to segregate was the ratio of pure single seaters.

Atb

Stacy
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2668247)   #10
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Will sign-up - but refuse to say I'm a saloon-ist
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2668259)   #11
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fear not, after years of driving RX7's I have a similar aversion to "Sports Cars".. ;-)

S.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2668274)   #12
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Let's not fight - we can join forces & slag off single seaters It's not if you can pop down the shops in them...
Old 7 Apr 2010, 15:37 (Ref:2668320)   #13
BILTEL
Racer

England
Brackley, centre of the Earth
BILTEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All signed up!!! We need this.
ex Starion #20
Now building BMW 535i
for the 360, CTCRC Pre 93's
Old 7 Apr 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2668378)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shall I add it to the magazines that have folded thread now?
Half of us won't like it because it has too much single seater content, half because it has too much saloon content and half because it doesn't have enough sportscar content. That is 150% not liking it. And a few because there isn't a picture of their car in it.

Solidarity folks.
Old 7 Apr 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2668401)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
But if 25,000 arn't paying a penny for it then how bad, just read the half you like!
Old 8 Apr 2010, 06:15 (Ref:2668628)   #16
Thorney
Racer

Thorney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah signed up.

Needs a lot of club racing feature in it if you ask me rather than just track days.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 14:43 (Ref:2668878)   #17
jh-
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
jh- should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luckily, or thankfully even, the magazine isn't only about track days....

John
Old 12 Apr 2010, 20:09 (Ref:2671619)   #18
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm

I have my doubts but signed up anyway.
Old 12 Apr 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2671726)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Yes I'll give it a go, I can always light the fire with it
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Apr 2010, 06:13 (Ref:2671793)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
why so skeptical, the free newspapers have been doing this for years?
Old 13 Apr 2010, 06:28 (Ref:2671797)   #21
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
I don't give out my personal details in order to get a free newspaper, and their website looks pretty amateurish for someone trying to sell something.
Old 13 Apr 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2671825)   #22
jh-
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom View Post
I don't give out my personal details in order to get a free newspaper, and their website looks pretty amateurish for someone trying to sell something.

Dear Denis
It would be a mighty fine feat if we could stroll down every street in the country, and with intuition alone know which particular door to post a copy through. Sadly we are mere mortals, thus require assistance in the form of a name and address to complete our task.
Regards
John
Old 13 Apr 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2672139)   #23
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh- View Post
Dear Denis
It would be a mighty fine feat if we could stroll down every street in the country, and with intuition alone know which particular door to post a copy through. Sadly we are mere mortals, thus require assistance in the form of a name and address to complete our task.
Regards
John
But it would be a easy scam to setup a website asking for the name, address, email address, mobile number and car details of people on the pretence of a free magazine subscription and then use the details for illegal purposes.

Or for someone to piggy back off such a site without the owners knowledge.

Without wishing to state the blindingly obvious!

I am not saying it IS a scam, I am just saying that not very much effort seems to have gone into the website to give people the confidence in it.

As I have worked in IT for over 20 years I probably have a far better idea about security than 99.9% of people (err, particularly given what I did for a hobby BEFORE I worked in IT!).
Old 13 Apr 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2672208)   #24
jh-
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom View Post
But it would be a easy scam to setup a website asking for the name, address, email address, mobile number and car details of people on the pretence of a free magazine subscription and then use the details for illegal purposes.

Or for someone to piggy back off such a site without the owners knowledge.

Without wishing to state the blindingly obvious!

I am not saying it IS a scam, I am just saying that not very much effort seems to have gone into the website to give people the confidence in it.

As I have worked in IT for over 20 years I probably have a far better idea about security than 99.9% of people (err, particularly given what I did for a hobby BEFORE I worked in IT!).

Denis
Very true, it could be one hell of a scam that is destined to rake in many, many millions - one things for sure though it would damn well need to produce the goods, because those involved (no secret there) careers would be well and truly over when the truth came out.

Don‘t you agree?

(please sign up, I quite fancy the idea of being a multi millionaire ;-)
Old 13 Apr 2010, 06:41 (Ref:2671800)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Personal details Denis come off it mate they aint asking for your credit card so stop being so paranoid, you post all over the place in your own name so you are already an open book to anyone devious looking to scam you.