Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 1 Aug 2010, 07:51 (Ref:2736980)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WSBK Round 10 - Blighty Edition

So I hear there is some bike race this weekend? Some Italian chap is leading the championship?

<Discussion goes here>

Also look out for the "next big thing in Australian bike racing" Joshifumi Brookes.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2737473)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats the news on the Italian fella who crashed at the start of the Supersport race?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2737725)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My how WSB has fallen from favour, in the old days Brands would produce much discussion! and excitement
Old 1 Aug 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2737827)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And Brits utterly dominated by the sounds of it!

Just shows that there is little interest in this series right now.

The economic downturn has really diluted interest in bike racing this year, or is it just that the racing is rubbish!
Old 2 Aug 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2738079)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race was at Silverstone ghinzani - watching it made me realize that i miss donington park...
Old 3 Aug 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2738928)   #6
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got some injury news Tamburini has a broken collarbone while Lascorz just has concussion so in other words apart from those OK! and that news came via Euro Sport web site (sorry for posting that news late) someone did asked for news!
Old 4 Aug 2010, 11:14 (Ref:2739316)   #7
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the racing was pretty good over the weekend but my view may not be entirely accurate as I only watched the highlights show. I daresay the not so interesting bits may have been edited out. I found the Rea Crutchlow battles highly entertaining. They were on it to say the least. I couldn't help but admire the way they were wringing the respective necks of their bikes. Awesome.

Camier's ride in race two was very impressive indeed. I was a bit surprised by the anonymity of the HM plant Honda riders although funny enough I wasn't surprised by Kiyonari's poor finishing positions. He merely continued where he left off in Superbikes although to be fair I don’t know what problems they had so perhaps one shouldn’t be too harsh after all I wouldn't know which end of a race bike to get on let alone ride one! The BSB Supersport wildcards did alright I thought.

I wasn't surprised by Haga's quiet weekend. Story of his season really. Has he just given up?

It's interesting when you browse the results sheets and various stats. Laverty has led almost five times as many laps as Kenan in all the races combined but is still 17 points behind! Just goes to show that the only lap which you need to lead is the one where you cross the line to take the chequer!
Old 4 Aug 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2739317)   #8
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
got some injury news Tamburini has a broken collarbone while Lascorz just has concussion so in other words apart from those OK! and that news came via Euro Sport web site (sorry for posting that news late) someone did asked for news!
That's good news of sorts. I only saw Lascorz's one and it looked pretty bad. Unless I was imagining things, at one point, it looked like he was pinned between his bike and another bike around the upper body area.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2739763)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was Tamburini's bike, real shame for him after his excellent wildcard in Italy. Hopefully both will be racing again in good time, and can step up for next year.

Crutchlow and Rea had two fantastic duels, which Cal richly deserved to win. Camier's fightbacks were superb, but HM Plant's performance really makes BSB's current grid look feeble.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 09:57 (Ref:2740292)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Thought Tamburini was very lucky, looked like he was catapulted into a concrete wall.... Good news he is OK, Yamaha still have a fast 600!