Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1025738)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
French Gp Result

Schumacher
Alonso
Barrichello
Trulli
Button
Coulthard
Raikkonen
Montoya

Well done Michael.

Trulli asleep at the final corner allowing Barrichello through.

New McLaren a step forward - on the pace of Renault and BAR.

Williams will be disappointed.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 13:38 (Ref:1025740)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
9 wins from ten.

God it's one-sided this year!

Well done Michael!
Old 4 Jul 2004, 13:45 (Ref:1025751)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank you Barrichello!

Thanks Rubens, for at least putting some spark - albeit right at the end in the form of the only notable overtaking move seen on screen at least today.

Well done Michael again on a superb, easily taken victory...go take a few months holiday to celebrate.

Very much expecting to seeing the same feat acheived in person. 9 wins out of 10 then.

Gené & Montoya - not a good job. Expecting a Williams driver playaround for Silverstone.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 13:46 (Ref:1025755)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess today just illustrates how much refuelling needs banned.....again.

Please Max, ban refuelling. Not, as you want, tyre changes!
Old 4 Jul 2004, 13:47 (Ref:1025758)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, Rubens didn't have a stop to use to get past Trulli at the end...
Old 4 Jul 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1025761)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
holy Rubens last move!
passing can happen
the drivers need to be smart, and the passer needs big stones
good job all
fernando so close what a drive
4Stops?! braun and todt have faith in MS to get fast laps
Old 4 Jul 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1025767)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Rubens move was good and a great illustration of opportunism. I couldn't believe he made the corner so easily because he looked to be going way too fast. I guess Trulli was just way too slow!
Old 4 Jul 2004, 13:53 (Ref:1025770)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, just seen the move properly. Fantastic move. Squeezed at first, but then opened it again.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1025771)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pat Symonds "I'll have to talk to Jarno about what went wrong there"
Old 4 Jul 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1025804)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Thank you Barrichello!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hazard

Gené & Montoya - not a good job. Expecting a Williams driver playaround for Silverstone.
Well, we didn't see anything of Gene, but Montoya's car looked a dog whenever it was on screen. I think Juan Pablo did an ok'ish job to atleast get a point. Unless Williams can draft Villeneuve in, i don't see a driver change for next week, and even if they did, it would be pointless as Villeneuve would have had no prior running in the car. If they have a change around, imo it will be at Hockenheim!
Old 4 Jul 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1025805)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That was a great moment at the end, with Rubens aggressive and precise, and Jarno simply falling asleep - thanking about what he was going to say in the press conference, as Martin Brundle put it. I guess what we saw was the best quality of Rubens and the worst of Trulli, both of which had been dormant for a while.

Other than that, it wasn't the most excitign race. While I acknowledge it as a brilliant tactical win from Ferrari, really rewriting the rulebook about how to win races yet again, it simply wasn't exciting viewing. The lousy camera work didn't help though.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:03 (Ref:1025834)   #12
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Thank you Barrichello!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Well, we didn't see anything of Gene, but Montoya's car looked a dog whenever it was on screen. I think Juan Pablo did an ok'ish job to atleast get a point. Unless Williams can draft Villeneuve in, i don't see a driver change for next week, and even if they did, it would be pointless as Villeneuve would have had no prior running in the car. If they have a change around, imo it will be at Hockenheim!

Expect that williams will use the insurance money gained from Schumacher's incident and buy Webber's contract off jaguar. With webber coming over early williams can make a freash start for next year and see how he runs against Juan (will be interesting to see the cry-baby coloumbian get his but whooped by true aussie stuff)
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:10 (Ref:1025835)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Without the chance to have previously ran in the car, Mark will proabbly find Montoya a tougher nut than he thinks. All the Webber fans who read so much into his vicotry over Wilson last year will see the other side of the coin now.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:11 (Ref:1025836)   #14
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
great tactical race by ferrari and well done to rubens for showing some grit and passing trulli at the end......is williams imploding or what?...good Lord they looked abysmal...if i were webber i'd be casting my glances elsewhere for next year's ride....putting jacques in that car now would do nothing to improve his somewhat tarnished reputation....
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:12 (Ref:1025837)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Re: Re: Thank you Barrichello!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick
Expect that williams will use the insurance money gained from Schumacher's incident and buy Webber's contract off jaguar.
Maybe, but as i say, won't be till Hockenheim (imo) as there won't be the time for any driver coming in to test the car before then.

Quote:

With webber coming over early williams can make a freash start for next year and see how he runs against Juan (will be interesting to see the cry-baby coloumbian get his but whooped by true aussie stuff)
Just like Mark did to Klien today you mean? Montoya only finished 2 places ahead of Gene (albeit in the points) whilst Webber only finished 2 places ahead of his team mate too, (a team mate that, according the top powers that be at Jaguar, should be their test driver, not race driver )
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:19 (Ref:1025843)   #16
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Re: Re: Thank you Barrichello!

Quote:
With Webbers knowledge gained at renault as their test driver, i think he will be able to help re-establish the williams team to greater hights, and with Sir Frank fond memories of another Aussie who won the championship i think that webber could find himself at williams quicker than most think. Remeber "Fast Jungle Boy" pizzonia and who shot him down, i think your not giving Webber enough credit
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:27 (Ref:1025846)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
Re: Re: Re: Thank you Barrichello!

Quote:
i think your not giving Webber enough credit
I am giving Mark credit, you weren't giving JPM enough credit

Webber finished ahead of his team-mate, as did Montoya, and the gaps in terms of placings were the same. How can one be a "cry-baby" and the other a "tough Aussie" when they have basically done the same job today?
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:41 (Ref:1025854)   #18
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thank you Barrichello!

Quote:
I am giving Mark credit, you weren't giving JPM enough credit

Webber finished ahead of his team-mate, as did Montoya, and the gaps in terms of placings were the same. How can one be a "cry-baby" and the other a "tough Aussie" when they have basically done the same job today?

Yeah in just one race, your forgetting the fact that webber has dismantled four team mates since his days at minardi. What ever happended to all the hype saying that montoya would be the next big thing. I think he is a great driver but it seems like he chucks a sooky on every time thing get a bit hard i.e. his tantrum he had today at Williams technical director. I just think it will be interesting to see Webber vs Montoya.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1025860)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
Oh, i agree, Montoya vs Webber would be very interesting.

Dismantaling the likes of Yoong and Klien isn't much to shout about from Marks point of view, and it will be great to see him battle it out with another top line driver.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 15:53 (Ref:1025866)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

As stunning as Mark is, I think the way he has beaten his teammates at Jaguar (apart from Klien) has been a lot down to how the team operates.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1025873)   #21
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
As stunning as Mark is, I think the way he has beaten his teammates at Jaguar (apart from Klien) has been a lot down to how the team operates.
Yes that or the fact Webber is just a class in his own. I would like to see Webber stay at jaguar and ford to insert a bit more finance and see Webber build up jaguar like shumacher built up ferrari, i think webber has that team knowledge to make jaguar a force to be reckoneded with.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 16:11 (Ref:1025875)   #22
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Well they did'nt really do the same job did they? Mark moved up the grid, Juan moved down. Mark beat a guy that has been racing all season, Juan beat a stand-in.

Oh, and Mark is in a car thats at the rear of the constructors championship, Juan was driving the car that dominated this race last season.

Not exactly apples and oranges is it?

That said, Juans spin aside, both Mark and Juan got the best result possible today. That Williams was a dog.

And as much as I wanted to see Gene do well, sorry, but stay as a tester. He is nowhere near good enough for a Williams drive, I would rather see PIzzonia in that car for the rest of the season.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 16:11 (Ref:1025876)   #23
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Quote:
Yes that or the fact Webber is just a class in his own. I would like to see Webber stay at jaguar and ford to insert a bit more finance and see Webber build up jaguar like shumacher built up ferrari, i think webber has that team knowledge to make jaguar a force to be reckoneded with.
Don't forget the huge buzz around Pizzonia, he was supposed to give mark a challenge, its the fact that Webber has the foundation learnt at renault to make good set-up choices and help the team in finding how to make the car better.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 16:16 (Ref:1025880)   #24
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Dismantaling the likes of Yoong and Klien isn't much to shout about from Marks point of view, and it will be great to see him battle it out with another top line driver.
Thats the problem though, after he creams them they are not considered top line drivers (except the Brits could'nt say that about Wilson, so we came up with the 2 cars thing).

While I agree the car is set-up around Mark, and that hand him an advatage, I very much doubt it equates to the gap we are seeing on track. And if it is, surely Jaguar would know that and be booting Webber and focusing on the other driver. (Does anyone else think this smells alot like the Ferrari stuff?)

Quote:
I would like to see Webber stay at jaguar and ford to insert a bit more finance and see Webber build up jaguar like shumacher built up ferrari
Give it up my friend, Jaguar is not Ferrari.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 16:23 (Ref:1025885)   #25
billyblister
Racer

billyblister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how **** was pantano today?!!

Started lighter than heidfeld, every time he was infront heidfeld overtook him.
Would have finished infront of him even without the drive through penatly.