Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 5 Apr 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1271112)   #1
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshals stickers

I know I sent a lot of stickers out last year, but now its the new season I thought I would remind people that they are still available.8" long and about 1" high, £1 each and 50p p+p. PM me or I am at Oulton on the 9th and 24th of April and Blyton on the 17th(hopefully)(look for the blue Punto with Sparco sunstrip)

"MARSHALS DO IT IN ORANGE"

Last edited by AndyMil; 5 Apr 2005 at 18:39.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1271118)   #2
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well worth it, jazzed up my 106 a treat! i'll post a piccie of the stickers "in action" when i get round to taking one....!
Old 5 Apr 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1271131)   #3
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
Thanks for the advertising, I should see you on saturday, make yourself known, its my first time at Oulton.
Old 5 Apr 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1271331)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My wife's put mine somewhere safe... When I find them I'll stick them on. Will look lovely against the dark blue.

Seriously, they are very good quality, as far as I remember!
Old 6 Apr 2005, 11:45 (Ref:1271620)   #5
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy, welcome to oulton next saturday excellent meeting in prospect, have sent you PM
H
Old 6 Apr 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1271752)   #6
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
having sold a car on with one on the back, and have still seen it about with the sticker on (nice of them i thought) and having joined the caravan fraternity i need to make sure that people realise that we have a caravan for motorsport reasons and not just a happy bunch of caravaners. please see pm requesting another 2
Old 16 Apr 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1279677)   #7
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for the delay, but i'm lazy like that...

Close Up and Full Back of Car

Great stickers! Next time you're at Oulton i'll have to make sure i'm there earlier so i don't have to rush through sign-on and miss you...
Old 16 Apr 2005, 17:13 (Ref:1279707)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't see Silverstone Marshals flocking to buy them though!!
Old 16 Apr 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1279741)   #9
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Erm no...we don't all do it in orange! They do look good though!
Old 17 Apr 2005, 06:52 (Ref:1280019)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
But Silverstone marshals DO have orange in their overalls too, just not all over
Old 17 Apr 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1280215)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So, a minor modification to a batch of stickers is required.......ADD the words "SILVERSTONE" and BLACK &" and they'll be happy.

Gawd knows what'll happen once the rescue guys want one!!
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1280590)   #12
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
So, a minor modification to a batch of stickers is required.......ADD the words "SILVERSTONE" and BLACK &" and they'll be happy.

Gawd knows what'll happen once the rescue guys want one!!
Shall I just get a load of letters done and send them out in colourful kit form??

Last edited by AndyMil; 17 Apr 2005 at 19:01.
Old 17 Apr 2005, 20:23 (Ref:1280648)   #13
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMil
Shall I just get a load of letters done and send them out in colourful kit form??
Just put every conceivable colour on the stickers & supply a roll of duct tape with every one so the purchaser can cover up the ones which aren't relevant....

....or maybe not!
Old 20 Apr 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1282958)   #14
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, it disproves the popular misconception that Marshals or even Marshalls haven't got a lot up top!
Old 20 Apr 2005, 12:58 (Ref:1282964)   #15
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk
Hey, it disproves the popular misconception that Marshals or even Marshalls haven't got a lot up top!
Some of us try to live up to that stereotype!

What's that flashing blue light? Oh no, it's the thread police!
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1281521)   #16
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMil
Only if you are assuming that Marshals can spell!! (how many of us have seen overalls or patches etc with MARSHALL written on them?).
Old 17 Apr 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1280361)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue..."
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1280603)   #18
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Us Silverstone Marshals have had both sew on & metal badges over the years, who remembers "I'm a B.O.B and proud of it" followed up a year later by " I'm a F.B and proud of it"? the F.B meanig a plump person!
I've got the "M.I.B 1999" sewn onto one of my sets of overalls I still wear.
Other badges I can remember from the past are "G.I.T.S" Gurston Incident Team, & Brands Hatch Heros Club. I'm also proud to have been a founding member of the T.S.D.C in 1988 - The Thruxton Serious Drinkers Club, for which T shirts were produced.
There must be some more...................
Old 17 Apr 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1280606)   #19
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Donington F.A.R.T.'s
Old 18 Apr 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1281404)   #20
alfa_centuri
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
alfa_centuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey a bit of topic but does anyone know who i can ask for a couple of BMMC stickers to adhere to the doors of my Landrover?? it needs to be known to the marshal world
Old 19 Apr 2005, 07:00 (Ref:1281832)   #21
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa_centuri
Hey a bit of topic but does anyone know who i can ask for a couple of BMMC stickers to adhere to the doors of my Landrover?? it needs to be known to the marshal world
Indeed I do. Send a PM to Eric Riddler wh will be able to help. If you need his contact details outside of ten-tenths then go to our website www.marshals.co.uk and look for National Regalia Officer.
Old 19 Apr 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1282596)   #22
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
always loving to be devils advocate, but if you look in the dictionary Marshall is an alternative spelling for Marshal. so not essentially incorrect, but hey i am just being iritating now.
according to the old saying "what you don't know can't hurt you" i know some people who must be almost invincible
Old 20 Apr 2005, 07:07 (Ref:1282706)   #23
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccooke
but if you look in the dictionary Marshall is an alternative spelling for Marshal.
Being really pedantic, older editions of the Concise Oxford Dictionary gave 'marshall' as an alternative spelling for the verb, not for the noun. The latest, eleventh edition, does not. Webster's International doesn't mention the 'll' version.

Last edited by Dave Brand; 20 Apr 2005 at 07:08.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1282744)   #24
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
alternativly you could look at it in the "transitive verb form" not at the bottom of this copy and paste, that there is marshaling as well. Think we should stop now we have drifted a little off topic, (you will notice also that this has nothing to do with what we do, but i just wanted to be facetious)

Main Entry: marshal
Variant: also marshall
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Forms: -shaled also -shalled; -shal·ing also -shal·ling
: to fix the order of (assets) with respect to liability or availability for payment of obligations; also : to fix the order of (as liens or remedies) with respect to priority against a debtor's assets —see also MARSHALING

Source: Merriam-Webster's Dictionary, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Last edited by danccooke; 20 Apr 2005 at 08:24.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 08:36 (Ref:1282760)   #25
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccooke
Think we should stop now we have drifted a little off topic,
Thread drift is a good thing - it stimulates discussion!