Old 18 Jun 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1636867)   #1
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EERC at Brands - thumbs up

What a thoroughly enjoyable weekend of racing with the EERC at Brands
Some really good racing, some stunningly quick cars, and good grids all round (shame about the attrition rate in the last Britcar race).

Thumbs up to the organisers. Seemed well run throughout the weekend, delays managed well and 30 minute lunchbreaks kept on both days. Water handed out at sign-on and during the day when required was much appreciated. Everyone seemed to work well with the (somewhat scary) low numbers spread around the long GP circuit.

The only thing that upset me from the weekend was when I heard over breakfast on the Sunday that a marshal on post on his own on Saturday didn't get any help from a neighbouring post when he had a large accident come in on post. I've always felt that a great part of marshalling is the support you receive from others when it's needed, so I was appalled to hear that 3 marshals remained sat down at the other end of a gravel trap and just watched as one marshal struggled to deal with and clear up after an incident. Fortunately, a recovery driver took pity on him and grabbed another broom to help clear up, but it wasn't really his responsibility. I'm really disappointed in whoever these marshals were - really not what I'd expect from people in orange. If they read this, I hope they feel suitably ashamed.

Grumble over. Won't let it detract from a great weekend on the bank. A big thank you to all the drivers too for showing their appreciation of the marshals so clearly, especially the Dutch Supercar drivers who were very animated in their 'thank you's (some with 2 hands!!). I take my hat off to Michael Symons & Andre D'Cruze in the purple BMW number 90/281. To win the 2 hour Production S1 and go straight into the 45 minute Dutch Supercar Challenge with only minutes to refuel inbetween was amazing, especially with how hot it must have been in the car

Phill
Old 19 Jun 2006, 06:56 (Ref:1636983)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sad to have missed it but a sinus infection sidelined me yesterday
Old 19 Jun 2006, 12:49 (Ref:1637184)   #3
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like I missed a good meeting. I usually enjoy the EERC, unfortunately other duties (school summer fair) took precedence.
Old 21 Jun 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1638591)   #4
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for some great flag waving guys/gals, especially to the young lady who waved the black and white squared one to me, appreciated!!!

Seriously some good blue flagging throughout the Dutch race. I know you were there all day! Hope you didn't get sunburnt!

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Michael Wilson (Silver/Blue Nissan STW)
Old 21 Jun 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1638626)   #5
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Though not a member of the marshaling fraternity I`ll nevertheless take a quick opportunity to congratulate Mr Wilson/Mr Pocklington! I was watching that second race from Surtees exit so had no commentary - it was a tad difficult to judge things around the pit-stop phase. It looked extremely tight for a while between yourselves, the Compact and the Schulz Porsche (have to admit I haven`t studied the lap-chart to check that the Schulz car was on the same lap). You certainly weren`t allowed to slacken-off towards the end - the Compact kept you honest!

I was there on Friday as well and unless my memory is playing me up I`m sure it was the Honda which started blowing a bit of smoke during the first DSC session? I felt very sorry for you both as I`ve noticed you doing a lot of cheating, SORRY TESTING (!!!), lately (me being a good for nothing lazy person who spends far too much time at Brands!), and when you didn`t show (I think?) in the second test I thought your weekend might have been over before the event had even started! Congratulations - a double Brit victory what with the bizarre Scott Grant race on Saturday!
Old 21 Jun 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1638635)   #6
Wilbo
Racer

Wilbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you. Yes our Nissan was blowing all right. I think was because Jim had put in a stunning 47s lap round the Indy the Friday before!

That engine hadn't been right since we fitted it. It had loads of power, but a closer inspection showed signs she was ready to blow!!!

Poor lads had to do and engine change, plus pull the replacement engine out again on the saturday as we had no clutch in qualifying!

The whole team was overjoyed with the result, especially considering my lack of forsight to pit from the lead in the race on the Sauturday. We made amends though. Looking forward to the TV highlights. Hope their isn't too much footage of me round druids. It was the only place I really stuggled with the car being front wheel drive, I had to be slower than I wanted and really patient to get on the power. Ended up try to left foot brake her a bit round the corner to load the front tyres up again to get some grip. 40+ minutes on the front tyres in those temps was enough, they were nearly jumping off the rims in defiance!!!

Thanks again.

Regards,
Michael.