Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Sep 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1699543)   #1
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Imola for 2007

Do you think that taking Imola off the 2007 Formula 1 calendar was a good thing? Your opinions are greatly appreciated.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1699549)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's not entirely certain that it won't take place in 2007.
Old 1 Sep 2006, 21:33 (Ref:1699583)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it was an inspired decision.

Of course, it may be reinstated as martyn says and I have the feeling it will.

If so, let's hope the modifications to the track actually work!
Old 1 Sep 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1699631)   #4
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it will/should return in 2008, after the track gets new buildings and modifications. Just like Spa this year.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 2 Sep 2006, 00:54 (Ref:1699654)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Right now I think Bernie has used the no race for 2007 it as a threat to Imola to make upgrades. It could still make it...
Old 2 Sep 2006, 01:14 (Ref:1699664)   #6
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it gets re-instated, unispiring track, but I really love it.
Old 2 Sep 2006, 01:34 (Ref:1699673)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
To be honest Martin, I do as well
Old 2 Sep 2006, 07:15 (Ref:1699886)   #8
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, I too think Imola isn't much of an exciting track. But it has so much history, some of those memories may not be good, but it has been in the calender for a long time and it is a shame to see it go. Let's hope they do reinstate it for next year.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 2 Sep 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1699912)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I'd rather have a race at Imola,than no race at all.
Old 2 Sep 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1699927)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
But isn't he getting rid of Imola so he can bring in one of the new venues? Mexico (among others that, to be totally honest, i have forgotten) is rumoured to be on the calender soon.

Maybe Imola and Monza can do a track share a la Nurburgring and Hockenheim
Old 2 Sep 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1700041)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Mexico is confirmed to return to Grand Prix racing in 2009 (or 08, I'm not 100% sure).

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Exactly right, it is always nice to have some form of racing on then waiting 3 or 4 weeks for another round.
Old 2 Sep 2006, 20:06 (Ref:1700198)   #12
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There have been rumours of races at loads of places - Mexico, South Africa, Singapore, Greece, Argentina, and even Azerbaijan. I rarely take plans for new F1 venues seriously when they last a while (e.g. Fuji)

Imola will be back on the calendar when the next provisional calendar comes out. This one was most likely one just to get Imola to start the work, because normally the provisional calendar comes out a lot later than this, if my memory serves me correctly. They've already been guaranteed a place on the calendar once the work is done
Old 2 Sep 2006, 22:23 (Ref:1700273)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good riddance to a bad race track.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1700475)   #14
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote of the day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkiman
Good riddance to a bad race track.
HOORAY! You said it much better than I could have, and with such gusto!
Old 2 Sep 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1700283)   #15
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
bahhh, it not that bad. Good varity of corners really. Good elevation, the back straight is very much like sazuka. It will be sad for me to see it removed from the calender because it one of my favourite tracks. Yes, some parts of it needs to be revised but it will be a shame to see it removed.
Old 2 Sep 2006, 23:00 (Ref:1700284)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It will probably be reinstated..... but if it isnt it wont be a big loss..
Old 3 Sep 2006, 07:09 (Ref:1700406)   #17
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
I think they need to keep Imola purely because of its signifcance to Grand Prix racing. In the future it may become either unsafe, or not so well maintained, but while it is still a good quality circuit, it should host an F1 event because it is so rich of history.
Old 3 Sep 2006, 08:06 (Ref:1700440)   #18
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though I am not a fan of its current layout, if Imola is not on the 07 calendar I will miss it. It has an atmosphere that is not rivalled by most of the other F1 tracks, and it has been on the calendar for so long. I know that is not enough to justify its place on the F1 calendar, but for those reasons it will be a sad loss.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 02:38 (Ref:1701147)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like a place for champcar.
Old 4 Sep 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1701267)   #20
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
imola is an iconic race track, i would much prefer if they just de-firked it rather than getting rid of it altogether.....

the undulations, the history, the setting makes worth redeeming and potentially a very good track in my eyes...

Last edited by rocketracer; 4 Sep 2006 at 07:30.