Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Jan 2007, 23:46 (Ref:1818931)   #1
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larko Departs WPS Racing!! (Merged)

Breaking News from WPS http://www.wpsracing.net.au/latest_news.asp
Old 19 Jan 2007, 00:00 (Ref:1818939)   #2
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larkham gone. Gee that relationship lasted a long time. I didn't expect Craig Gore to be able to take a back seat for too long.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 00:11 (Ref:1818952)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder what happened to Mr Larkham's "equity position" mentioned when the teams initially "merged"?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jan 2007, 23:20 (Ref:1821321)   #4
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I wonder what happened to Mr Larkham's "equity position" mentioned when the teams initially "merged"?
He probably paid him for the two trolley jacks and tool box.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 03:49 (Ref:1821419)   #5
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
He probably paid him for the two trolley jacks and tool box.
That is actually very low. Mark Larkham ran a lean ship, and whilst he lacked budget, I think he is more worthy than your cussing.

If it was aimed at "Team Leader", then yes, that would be valid as "Team Leader" will be writing a lot of Gorey Diaries once more now that he is in control....or out of it, depending on how you look at it
Old 22 Jan 2007, 06:35 (Ref:1821450)   #6
scramble
Rookie

scramble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
That is actually very low. Mark Larkham ran a lean ship, and whilst he lacked budget, I think he is more worthy than your cussing.

If it was aimed at "Team Leader", then yes, that would be valid as "Team Leader" will be writing a lot of Gorey Diaries once more now that he is in control....or out of it, depending on how you look at it
If your quote at the bottom of each post you make is a true reflextion of how you feel, you should have more respect for Gore. Most of the equippment Larko had is now being used by Wally Warburn over at team O'brien. So a couple of Trolly's and a jack might be close to the mark.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 08:29 (Ref:1820732)   #7
dirttrack
Racer

dirttrack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only said chassis upgrades not changing chassis. Ask Basil that is if he still works there after last weeks clean out. Word has PCR doing ok staff wise out of the re shuffle.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1821266)   #8
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Larkham could bee a team manger at Walden Racing this year
Old 22 Jan 2007, 04:53 (Ref:1821433)   #9
scramble
Rookie

I here that there have beens some rumblings in the team that led to a number of resignations in the new year, and that maybe Larko did not have the full support of some key people working for him. A hint to that may be in the latest wps racing mag on their web site. In it Larko say's the one thing they are lacking is car speed. That must have dissapointed Craig Heystead their engine builder, after all Sandown demonstrated that the WPS cars are no slouches in a straight line. It must also be said that if Craig Gore hadn't come along LMS would not have raced in 2006 after all no one else was putting up their hand.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 06:03 (Ref:1821443)   #10
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble
I here that there have beens some rumblings in the team that led to a number of resignations in the new year, and that maybe Larko did not have the full support of some key people working for him. A hint to that may be in the latest wps racing mag on their web site. In it Larko say's the one thing they are lacking is car speed. That must have dissapointed Craig Heystead their engine builder, after all Sandown demonstrated that the WPS cars are no slouches in a straight line. It must also be said that if Craig Gore hadn't come along LMS would not have raced in 2006 after all no one else was putting up their hand.
Not having car speed doesn't mean it is not quick in a straight line. There is more to a quick car then a strong engine. So who resigned, those who supported Mark or those who didn't. If it was those who didn't support him, why would he then leave, if all that is left is those that are with him.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 07:51 (Ref:1821468)   #11
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some posts are on the mark. But Gorey let slip a few things.
1). Running Old 00 motorsports shells( re history of how team became)
2) he missed updating to Larko's last shells( Charlie O'B got them)
3) Spent more time on Team Aust/Aussie Vineyards shirts to all and sundry
(re Indy 2006 every polie and his dog had one)
4) Goreys a buisness man. Ford dont support me. (Sorry Gorey it's a two
way street)
5) But one thing about Gorey, he will go with, what is best to promote his company and products. So don't be suprised if he opts for the VE.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 08:21 (Ref:1821480)   #12
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco
So don't be suprised if he opts for the VE.
One of the few people Gore says he respects is Terry Morris. Maybe if he went Holden the PMM workshop may well be the source.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 08:46 (Ref:1821512)   #13
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you only have to read this forum to see the impact that the Gore operation has on the sport we all follow. More threads on this forum last year than practically all the other teams put together. The funny thing about business and profile is that it really does not matter to some degree what people are saying or perceiving if they are talking about you, your business or what you do they are recognizing you. In most cases this is good for business. I bet Craig sits back and loves the fact we discuss every dirty detail about his team. If he offered me a job I would work for him in a minute, much to learn from a smart arrogant businessman.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 10:12 (Ref:1821574)   #14
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
If he offered me a job I would work for him in a minute, much to learn from a smart arrogant businessman.
Which is probably about as long as you would last...(a minute)...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 22 Jan 2007, 09:45 (Ref:1821555)   #15
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i reckon gorey is fantastic and a very smart man. Yes he is a business man but look at what he has done for the sport. he sponsors many different clases throughout the country, he has a v8 team, in which he wants sucess, he is supporting Marcos Ambrose, Will Power by giving them drives in big series. So what if he is making money while doing this. He is giving australian motorsport fans what they want and he is probably getting something out of it too, which he wants. Like Also a Believer said, i would work for him in a flash, cause he is one smart cookie and there would be lots to learn from him.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 10:20 (Ref:1821580)   #16
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you knew me and said that Retro I would be offended. Might last 6 months I reckon. lol
Old 23 Jan 2007, 01:44 (Ref:1822359)   #17
scramble
Rookie

Quote:
If you knew me and said that Retro I would be offended. Might last 6 months I reckon. lol
Mr Gore has over 300 people in his direct employment, many of them have been with him for more than five years and some as long as nine years. Some can cut it and some cant after all his world doe's go by at a frantic pace. Most of the people who have come and gone from WPS motorsport are people he has given a chance to step up to the plate, for many of them he was their only option and they couldn't cut it. NOSKE,YOONG,McIntyre,McFadgen,Besnard,Walburn,. Not one of these has been picked up in the main game since. I know Bessy is doing good in NZ and Mr Yoong kicked everyones arse in the Malaysian A1 including China and India but he still wont get a seat in V8's.
Old 23 Jan 2007, 01:48 (Ref:1822363)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Mr Gore has over 300 people in his direct employment, many of them have been with him for more than five years and some as long as nine years. Some can cut it and some cant after all his world doe's go by at a frantic pace. Most of the people who have come and gone from WPS motorsport are people he has given a chance to step up to the plate, for many of them he was their only option and they couldn't cut it. NOSKE,YOONG,McIntyre,McFadgen,Besnard,Walburn,. Not one of these has been picked up in the main game since. I know Bessy is doing good in NZ and Mr Yoong kicked everyones arse in the Malaysian A1 including China and India but he still wont get a seat in V8's.
Is that because they are no good, or because they have been tarred with the ugly brush??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Jan 2007, 06:29 (Ref:1822455)   #19
scramble
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Is that because they are no good, or because they have been tarred with the ugly brush??
Which of them do you rate GTR and why?
Old 23 Jan 2007, 06:20 (Ref:1822452)   #20
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
If you twisted the picture 45 degrees or so the other way, the picture you paint mightn't be so lop-sided.....
Old 23 Jan 2007, 03:33 (Ref:1822404)   #21
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't think I would work for anyone with an ego the size of Tasmania...

I did it once and didn't like it...

Hi Brad if you read this...

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 23 Jan 2007, 10:39 (Ref:1822598)   #22
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I stand by my reply the other day, but will add this:
Besar is better in open wheelers, not tin tops
Larko is great with open wheeelers as well(But his knowledge would be an assset to any team)
Marcus marshall does weel in open wheelers.
perhaps some teams don't understand the transistion, and maybe some drivers too
Old 23 Jan 2007, 11:40 (Ref:1822641)   #23
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco
does weel in open wheelers.
Does he ? Carrera Cup is where he shone.
Old 23 Jan 2007, 10:42 (Ref:1822602)   #24
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
oops forgot,

Gorey is a man I would love to work for. he follows a formula I seen many years ago:
"Lead,follow, or get out of the way.
There should be more team owners/ drivers with this attitiude
Old 23 Jan 2007, 11:56 (Ref:1822656)   #25
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what are Larko's job prospects?

Team manager for DJR (Show Dicky how to run a team on the smell of an oily rag)

TEGA (To help with cost containment. Something he was pushing for)

Head up Ford Racing (according to people on here he is held in high regard in Ford land)

Commentating for Channel 7 (special comments man?)

Or maybe he’ll just spend the next year working in his garden.