Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Jun 2007, 13:58 (Ref:1932297)   #1
FalconXRated
Racer

FalconXRated should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who else is "rumoured" to be going under?

I wasn't aware that there were any other teams running very close to folding, from this article below there appears to be industy rumour that someone may soon join TKR, who would it be?? does the powder room know??

The article:http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/thepres...321a19727.html

The quote from the bottom of this article:
" With things not going well saleswise for Ford and General Motors, evidently the financial squeeze in V8 Supercars is starting to tell and talk is that TKR may shortly have some company on the sidelines. "
end Quote.

Is this a general statement or refering to a particluar team?
Old 8 Jun 2007, 14:21 (Ref:1932330)   #2
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
can't be HRT or Toll ... Tom saved a fortune in the UK ... oh, sorry, he does'nt own anything
Old 8 Jun 2007, 15:07 (Ref:1932380)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could be DJR they are the only one's that have been rumoured to be on the edge, but i doubt it, or it might be RNR or PMM only ones i could think of .
Old 8 Jun 2007, 15:52 (Ref:1932402)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time to let some other manufacturers help pay the bills

oh, sorry forgot....that way Holden & Ford wouldn't win "50%" of the races each....even though their going to downsize their support.....
Old 8 Jun 2007, 21:26 (Ref:1932700)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXRated
I wasn't aware that there were any other teams running very close to folding, from this article below there appears to be industy rumour that someone may soon join TKR, who would it be?? does the powder room know??
The powder room understands there are a couple of teams in financial distress regarding timing of cashflows.. but not that they are about to fall over.

Indeed a couple of people are named in this thread already, and at least one of those appears in the BRW Rich 200, so it seems a silly place to talk about things where we have no direct knowledge.

I dont take the speculation of the financial demise of any team as a topic of conversation as worth exploring, as it is a legal minefield that will only get people into trouble.

Thread closed
#CANCERSUCKS
Closed Thread