Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 28 Jun 2002, 09:50 (Ref:323415)   #1
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark this forum read

Recently I have started to use this feature and it is very handy, but after a short time, say 20 or 30 minutes, it switches off and all the threads I have just read are lit up again like new posts. Help or suggestions please anyone?
Old 28 Jun 2002, 09:59 (Ref:323420)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
David - do you have cookies turned on in your profile - I've found if I'm not cookied, my browser resets and all of my "marked as read" stuff does too.

If you need help with cookies, let me know.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 11:36 (Ref:323495)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not about cookies... I mean perhaps it is... You don't have to wait 20 minutesa, suffice to close the browser and reopen it and the're not marked anymore. Temporary cookies perhaps?
Old 28 Jun 2002, 12:24 (Ref:323535)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Could it be your browser suddenly decides to load a cached page ? I know mine does from time to time... maybe it's the same problem. Next time hit reload and see if this helps ?
Old 28 Jun 2002, 12:28 (Ref:323538)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Nope, I've noticed that long time ago, today I tried (and succeeded) to repeat the problem. But decided that I can live with it. By the way, I also tried to clear the cache, altough it wasn't necessary: the page was not cached, since it reflected the new replies on it....
Old 28 Jun 2002, 12:40 (Ref:323551)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, having re-read the post... you sure it's not that the topics now have additional new posts in them is it ? I mean, if a new post is made since you marked the forum/topic read then it will show that you have not read the topic.

What *exactly* are you doing when this happens David ?
Old 28 Jun 2002, 12:56 (Ref:323567)   #7
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Red - EVERYTHING is about cookies - particularly ones with choc chips in them

The problem I have had in the past is that when I wasn't cooked, the page would auto refresh (as Craig says) every so often. At this point, I would be logged out and everything would go "tink" and reset itself.

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 28 Jun 2002 at 12:57.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 13:19 (Ref:323592)   #8
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Of course is about cookies

I am always "cookied", and no, Craig... c'mon...!

Ok, let's try again, step by step! Let's take Formula 1 forum for example (and yes, I am logged on )

The oldest new post is, according to my browser, Tye's at 21:41 (GMT+2) yesterday, on "Massa said no to team orders?" thread. (altough I "marked'em all read" several times during the day). Now,

1. Click "Mark this Forum Read"... ermm...... got it! "All threads in that forum have been marked as read. You will now be returned to where you were." and no bulbs consume the electicity.

2. Close the browser.... scuze me 1 minute..... ok, done.

3.Open the browser (just for the record, is IE 6.0.2600.0000and_many_more_letters_and_numbers. Go to 1010ths forum, F1 section, and much to my delight, I have new posts to read since (and included) the aforementioned Tye's posts. But I don't want to read it and go straigth to Spudgun's posts which at this moment is quite new....

Let's try again with the general "Mark All Forums Read" on the main forum page.... Uh-huh... ah-hah.... okay... yep! That one works.

Last edited by Red; 28 Jun 2002 at 13:20.
Old 29 Jun 2002, 12:02 (Ref:324189)   #9
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Craig, I'm doing nothing odd when this happns, yes sometimes there are new posts when I do this but i don't have a problem with that, however soemtimes there are no new posts, but it highlights the ones i read before clicking mark all posts read. I don't know how to check my cookies. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm choc chip.............
Old 2 Jul 2002, 20:39 (Ref:326099)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also, I often have the reverse problem - I log on this morning, for example, and there are all these posts dated today that are marked read. ??? I'm accessing the site from two computers and three browsers (IE 5.00.315xxxx, IE 4.0, and Netscape 4.7) and the problem appears randomly at all of them.

Should I try signing out each time I leave?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 3 Jul 2002, 05:55 (Ref:326305)   #11
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Also, I often have the reverse problem - I log on this morning, for example, and there are all these posts dated today that are marked read.
I often have that problem after having been unable to reach the site the previous day.