Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1333302)   #1
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
God Bless James Allen

Thoght this would be a popular thread. Aint the guys doing well talking about 6 cars? Look out, Shumis cars got blistered tyres! Oh God! RBs giving way to Shumi; what ever next?
Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1333323)   #2
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On German Tv they had RS on the phone during the race and he had an argument with the commentators, really funny to watch
Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1333324)   #3
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't imagine that ITV's fan interviews are going down to well with the FIA.
Though that Brundle's pitlane interview with Bernie was excellent.

Pity that Rubens backed out at turn 1, otherwise we'd have seen three new drivers interviewed.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1333325)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I think he is being a tool "Bridgestone had inside info on track surfaces"

Pretty sure Michelin new about the changes.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1333342)   #5
fazzaz
Racer

United States
Appalachia, USA
fazzaz has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wrex,

Thank you. There is been entirely too much nonsense issued about the "inside info" -- including by one commentator on US TV well known for too often spouting nonsense.

If Bridgestone had any useful information from different cars on different tire construction (and slicks) running different weights in a different direction at a different speed through the turn, well, so be it. The oval portion of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can be rented for testing, including tire testing. I suppose Michelin could have exercised that option.

It also appears that the Michelin issues were with sidewall construction, and I fail to see how the surface has an effect on that.

Oh well. It's all Ferrari's fault anyway. After all, don't they write and administer all the rules?

Fazzaz
Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1333353)   #6
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
God bless Martin Brundle!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1333354)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Michelins technical faults are the least of F1s problems.

The fact is 6 cars started, which could have been avoided.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1333389)   #8
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought James was appalling today.

Slagging off the product is not going to deliver viewers for the next Grand Prix, which is afterall his job.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1333395)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also found his comment that "it's the only trophy he'll probably get" regarding Tiago Monteiro's podium a little harsh, but perhaps not meant to come out that way.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1333398)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He slagged it off and rightly so. For once I found myself agreeing with james on some things.

James is a fan. I hate his commentary, but he is a fan and he deserves a show as much as us fans.

Today was a disgrace and everyone on ITV was right to say what they were saying. People will decide to watch the french GP based on their own views of today, not on James' opinion.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1333408)   #11
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post deleted (You know why)

Wrex
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1333423)   #12
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wrex, what did I say? I dislike MS and I said so. I also starred out the word myself I was using for him. Most of my post was about Brundles comments that he'd punch him if he did his victory jump. Why was that deleted, I was only reporting a fact.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1333437)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
If you wish to persist this publically, I will answer that way. Using the C word and dodging the autosensor is unacceptable. Feel fortunate your membership is still in tact.

Debate it further, and it may not.

Feel free to repost your comments with more appropriate language.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1333446)   #14
mattmarvell
Rookie

mattmarvell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back

Slagging off the product is not going to deliver viewers for the next Grand Prix, which is afterall his job.
I think ITV do there best to reflect the public mood have done since they got the F1 contract ...James I think was doing his job, after all it was apparent to everyone it was all a bit cock..
I’d rather someone was broadcasting his real thoughts than toeing the political line....much to much of that with the drivers and teams already
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1333448)   #15
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm joining the anti-allen league now. his repeated attempts to blame ferrari for the situation were disgusting.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1333452)   #16
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
He slagged it off and rightly so. For once I found myself agreeing with james on some things.

James is a fan. I hate his commentary, but he is a fan and he deserves a show as much as us fans.

Today was a disgrace and everyone on ITV was right to say what they were saying. People will decide to watch the french GP based on their own views of today, not on James' opinion.
Totally agree.

KB, do you realise how much damage this is going to do to F1.

Arrogance and stone walling the fans will not work this time.

BIG, BIG changes are on the horizon
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1333454)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Which is surprising, because he's normally pro-Ferrari to a sickening extent.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1333456)   #18
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
James Allen didn't call his son Ron or Bernie, he called him Enzo. That should tell you something about how mcuh it would take for him to criticise Ferrari. The idea that he should have spent the entire afternoon painting a positive image of Formula 1 is absurd - that was simply impossible.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1333461)   #19
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
I had no problem with him slagging the problem, it was the disgracful direction he was throwing it. I hope his cheque clears from the French bank
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:35 (Ref:1333465)   #20
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't hear much of the race but they seemed to be doing ok with the bit I saw.

The comment of the day has to go to brundle though "If micheal does a victory leap I'm personally going to go up there and punch him"
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1333467)   #21
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex
If you wish to persist this publically, I will answer that way. Using the C word and dodging the autosensor is unacceptable. Feel fortunate your membership is still in tact.

Debate it further, and it may not.

Feel free to repost your comments with more appropriate language.
Wrex, inbox full and need to do some cleaning up so easiest way to reply. The missing letters might have been lot But of course they were'nt!

I thought Brundles sense of disgust on the grid and throughout was exemplerary. Although he did forget to mention it was him Senna ran into the back of when they raced in dangerous conditions in 89 at Adelaide.

I hear French tv canned their coverage halfway thru, wonder if that was pressure from Michelin?
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:39 (Ref:1333471)   #22
#15 tkm 4/
Racer

#15 tkm 4/ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The oval portion of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can be rented for testing, including tire testing. I suppose Michelin could have exercised that option.
Im not 100% completly sure on the rules, but today i think martin said that indy was not specified as one of the track's which teams can test at, thus making your comment (and everyone else's who have said michellen should have tested there) null and void.

But if i have got this wrong i am sorry and will hide AGAIN!
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1333480)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who would fly to America to test anyways? There's no time and it's expensive.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1333486)   #24
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They could just as easily use Rockingham or the Eurospeedway, I guess.
Old 19 Jun 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1333543)   #25
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back

Kicking-back - the best commentators are those that speak honestly about what is happening in front of them. Alan Green and Jonathan Agnew are two that immediately spring to mind. What else would you expect James to do?