Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Apr 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1567741)   #1
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Silverstone 1st April

Hi All

back after doing a great day's marshalling at Silverstone yesterday, my first time there as a marshal after all the years I have completed in the past! We were even lucky with the weather as I saw huge dark clouds split to deposit their rain both north and south of the circuit! The wind made it cold every time the sun disappeared behind clouds, but you soon got used to that, especially with the good old boys of the MGCC doing their best to entertain us on the circuit.

So thank you one and all for making my visit so pleasant.

BUT most of all, I inadvertantly challenged the honesty of human kind by loosing my wallet (with cards, cash, etc) on the ground in the paddock. By the time I realised it was gone, 2-3 hours had passed, and I was naturally very concerned and started retracing my steps. But then I was stopped by some other marshals who'd found it and handed it to race control for safe keeping, and subsequent return to myself.

I don't know the names of the individuals concerned, but I just want to go on record to say "THANK YOU".

Steve

PS I will be at Silverstone again next Saturday (VSCC), but this time I'm keeping my wallet very secure!!!!!!
Old 2 Apr 2006, 12:29 (Ref:1567804)   #2
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks to the MGCC for promoting a first class Meeting yesterday. They organised for the rain to stop by 0830 hours so leaving Copse, (and I am sure, other corners!!) very slippery, and did not the 'Big Cats' love it (?) - Thanks for the entertainment, Guys and Girls (?)
Pretty substantial grids, and an especial thanks to John Watson who still puts on his hiking boots and visits every Post during the course of the day - must be at least 2 miles around the outside, John? Nice to know the Marshals are not forgotten. The day made it worth my 200 mile round trip away from my normal corner of Kent!!
Old 2 Apr 2006, 20:42 (Ref:1568432)   #3
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to echo the above - thanks John - always feel very appreciated by MGCC and some good racing and great grids.
Can anyone say how Steve Hastings is from the Jag crash in the last race. It sounded quite serious and I obviously want to know that the driver is OK.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1568441)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon sandwich
Can anyone say how Steve Hastings is from the Jag crash in the last race. It sounded quite serious and I obviously want to know that the driver is OK.
Just heard from the club that Gary Hastings was released from Northampton Hospital and was on his way home with a stiff neck.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 07:01 (Ref:1568763)   #5
Jean W
Rookie

Jean W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was flagging (for a change) at Luffield Out and what a great sight to see the big cats power out of the corner! And the sound of those V8s - music to my ears. Thank you MGCC for a great day.
I'm glad to hear that Gary Hastings is alright after that nasty incident on the Pit Straight. Good Job Ped Bridge!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1569135)   #6
johndpeat
Racer

johndpeat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to the MGCC for a good meeting.Nice strong grids all day even when the entry was thinner a few times still put on a cracking race.I was on woodcote approch flaging so had a great view of the of some the dices round the complex.Shame the TR boys sorted out the the race lead by crashing into each other.Glad to hear that Gary is ok I just hope the car is is not to badly damaged.Shame as he was having a great battle over third at the time with Gail.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1569165)   #7
NiG_21
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepperton, Middlesex
NiG_21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks from me...

After a puncture in the radiator forced my retirement from race 7, I'd like to offer a big thanks to the Marshals at Maggots (in)... pushing the car away even when I didn't know quite where you wanted it (sorry) and offering me a drink of water a soon as I was out of the car...

very civilised... thanks guys!

..yes, shame the guys at the front ended it that way...
Old 3 Apr 2006, 23:44 (Ref:1569631)   #8
John Watson
Racer

England
Burgh on Bain - Lincolnshire
John Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you one and all 187 Marshals for the support and committment given to the MG Car Club at Silverstone last Saturday, you did a stirling job in ensuring the meeting ran to schedule. It was great being able to walk around the Circuit and meet every body, as well as seeing every one enjoying themselves whilst carying out a very competent and very professional job. We had a good lunch break and finished at 17.10 which was just as well because although it was dry and sunny, the wind was bitterly cold. See you at Cadwell on Saturday 22nd.April. You could make a weekend of it as the HSCC are running a meeting on Sunday 23rd.April, see you there.
Old 8 Apr 2006, 05:24 (Ref:1573593)   #9
steve_arion
Rookie

England
South Bucks
steve_arion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks

I would also like to offer a big thanks to all the Marshals, especially those at Copse. Who helped my Blue XJS onto a flat bed wagon after qualifying.