Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Oct 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1754555)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Official: Redbull reveals engine strategy

No surprises really.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns17708.html
Old 31 Oct 2006, 17:29 (Ref:1754571)   #2
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably the only logical outcome.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1754824)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, I'm very surprised.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1754830)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari have done well to put a positive spin on such a blatant rejection.
Old 31 Oct 2006, 23:30 (Ref:1754831)   #5
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yay. Go Webber - the jigsaw pieces are coming together. Now as long as Newey does his bit ..........
Old 1 Nov 2006, 00:56 (Ref:1754872)   #6
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator22
Yay. Go Webber - the jigsaw pieces are coming together. Now as long as Newey does his bit ..........
It wouldnt have made a difference if they were stuck with the Ferrari's. Theyre both highly regarded engines.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 01:38 (Ref:1754890)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't all this done on Neweys suggestion that a Renault engine would suit his design better ? So in that case i think this will make a difference
Old 1 Nov 2006, 01:42 (Ref:1754892)   #8
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, it has been reported he liked the packaging better
Old 1 Nov 2006, 02:09 (Ref:1754896)   #9
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
No offense, but I am thinking a number of teams would have liked those crummy old Ferrari engines in their chassis.

This is not so much about "positive spin" as it is Red Bull realizing that trying to ignore the Ferrari contract was going to be very expensive.

I am just hoping that both Red Bull chassis' are worthy of the Renault/Ferrari engines.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 02:27 (Ref:1754902)   #10
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chances are RB and STR will use the same tub with their respective engines. Newey has the unenviable task of designing a chassis which will work with both... In today's competitive environment I have to wonder if that will work. I suspect the tub will be optimised for the Renault lump, with the compromises made to accomodate the Ferrari. 'Least I hope so....

STR will 'prolly have unique bodywork/aerodynamics, to dispel the other constructors complaints that RB is fielding 4 nearly identical cars.

Add to this mix the entirely new Bridgestone single-spec tires, and you have all the ingredients for a technical disaster.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 03:00 (Ref:1754912)   #11
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Wasn't all this done on Neweys suggestion that a Renault engine would suit his design better ? So in that case i think this will make a difference
It was but its hardly groundbreaking. They might get a touch more downforce due to tighter bodywork and less cooling requirements, but people are treating this like their other option was to pick up a Mercedes supply.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 04:31 (Ref:1754936)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what Newey wanted.!!! GO WEBBER GO !!!
Old 1 Nov 2006, 05:32 (Ref:1754956)   #13
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alright, go Webber and RBR-R
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Nov 2006, 05:36 (Ref:1754960)   #14
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
ohh yes GO RBR - Renault.cause Webber can't do much if RBR -Renault don't GO,as we know by this past season .
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1755103)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now picture this : RBR-Renault will win races with Webber and win the WDC and WCC against the Renault team and Webber's almighty boss Briatore.

Can you see that happening ?
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1755107)   #16
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Now picture this : RBR-Renault will win races with Webber and win the WDC and WCC against the Renault team and Webber's almighty boss Briatore.

Yes.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1755139)   #17
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will it be the same v8 specification as Renault are using themselves or an older version?
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1755140)   #18
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
It has to be the same now theyre all frozen and homologated.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1755141)   #19
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I think that the engine as a component of the chassis will be less important with a spec tyre than it has been. It may well be that we will see a return to some of what we saw in the '70s in that a team could use a number of engines and be on the same terms as other teams chassis-wise.

It is the aero package that will make the biggest difference in car performance, methinks, in the coming season.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1755146)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO
It has to be the same now theyre all frozen and homologated.

So... Everybody has to to be the same as it is now... or everybody has to have the same engines specs, so Renault and RBR must have the same 2006 engine specs, instead a one year old engine for RBR ??
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1755147)   #21
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how is that different?
Cosworth was still one of the best engines out there, but that didn't help Williams. The best to the worst motor is only like 30 hp peak difference anyway. Aero is still the king, more's the pity.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1755157)   #22
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
So... Everybody has to to be the same as it is now... or everybody has to have the same engines specs, so Renault and RBR must have the same 2006 engine specs, instead a one year old engine for RBR ??
RBR and Renault have to have the same. If Renault supply an alternate spec engine i'd imagine theyre breaking the rules of the engine freeze. Would only take RBR submitting one of their engines to the FIA to prove it also.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1755219)   #23
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How much did it cost Red Bull to switch the Ferrari engines to STR? I cant see Todt agreeing to such a move unless palms were greased.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 13:13 (Ref:1755275)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
probablly a fairly big figure that most off us could only dream to have in our bank accounts.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1755352)   #25
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

In order to 'level the playing field' Webber's car is being built 2 feet narrower than the design spec......