Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Mar 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2839214)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper Dave View Post
As it was a track day and not a test day on saturday I cant see your problem and as for the weather they seem to have had the issue sorted by about 10:40 ,why dont you book in on a test day as normaly these are during the week and the numbers are better and also you dont get the issue with timing on trackdays and drive by noise limits.If you worked out the price per lap done on track day (lots of various road/race cars) test day (race cars only) its a no brainer. I think testing race cars on track days is pointless as there are lots red flags due to poor prep
Dave I thought I explained the problem and I am not sure if it was a track or test day knowing Roger I would say a test day. The point you are missing is HE WAS SENT HOME AND THE SESSION ABANDONED AND DID'NT EVEN START after driving a 150 miles to the track and bringing guests/buyers over from the continent. Now I don't know about you but I would be pretty naffed off after that so thats what the problem was!

My reason for Friday Trackday is (a) It was only £107, (B) I have a brand new engine I want to bed in, and (c) I want to learn the 300 and finally (d) I want to treat some friends to a ride in a V8 racer. I do not need to do fast timed laps as I have owned the car for many years and know its capabilities and limitations, slower cars and drivers need not fear about me I will only overtake where safe and would ask the same.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 2 Mar 2011 at 19:28.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2840622)   #27
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Mission accomplished, a fabulous inaugeral day on an equally fabulous circuit and even the sun came out to play. Here is a YouTube link of some leisurely laps which is all i wanted to do, I opened it up a bit more on the next session but the 3rd and 4th gears were baulking and I didnt want to do any damage to the gear set, sychro rings and hubs are cheap gears not so! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0qkLNcYBg
Old 5 Mar 2011, 15:39 (Ref:2840628)   #28
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
That looks fantastic and a lot faster than I thought it would be.
Old 5 Mar 2011, 16:10 (Ref:2840643)   #29
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
It is Tim, just enough length on the short sections to get past a slower car and plenty of run off area although a warning was issued that anyone using that route until the verges had established themselves were liable to get charged for the damage!! Also there are several areas of very high, much higher than usual kerbing that we were told could rip your sump open and put there to stop the excess kurb hopping that has become rife. I would also suggest anyone racing a wet sumped car there should take special care getting the baffling or Accusump right as there will be broken engines and hearts as its possible to swing very fast into some of those bends and Coram goes on for ever now!