Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jun 2002, 08:30 (Ref:306085)   #1
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WHO the hell asked you max?

See the following link.Max seems to think that if f1 splits in two that the fia will have the job of regulating both series.Excuse you max ,did somebody actually say that or are you just assuming that you have the god given right.The fia is NOT the only choice of govering body as you state.ANYBODY can run a race series.
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns06399.html
Old 6 Jun 2002, 09:05 (Ref:306106)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All series come under the FIA jurisdiction (I would assume!). The FIA wouldn't set the rules and regs, but there are lots of other regulations that the FIA will have to look after. All (well, nearly all) motorsport is regulated by the FIA in some way or other (even Le Mans!).

This is generally a good thing. Max is basically saying that the FIA won't get in it's way. It could make life difficult. Although there are competition laws that the FIA would have to be wary of if they were going to make things hard.

And to be fair to Max, I bet a journalist asked him!
Old 6 Jun 2002, 12:26 (Ref:306311)   #3
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam Ashmore
And to be fair to Max, I bet a journalist asked him!
You are very probably right AA, but IMHO he should have ducked an answer. The statement comes across on a fast and superficial reading - which is all most readers will give it - as a plug for a new series. The FIA should take a strictly neutral stance in this one methinks. Max's problem is that he has a tendency to engage the mouth before the brain is in gear.

(I should have said ONE of Max's problems . . . )

Last edited by Maxmil; 6 Jun 2002 at 12:28.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 12:27 (Ref:306315)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Adam, your correct on all counts. Especially the last.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 13:00 (Ref:306372)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
the only thing i hope will happen in his statement is that i hope he'll retire!
Old 6 Jun 2002, 13:11 (Ref:306387)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not every series comes under FIA jurisdiction, CART isn't, nor is the Le Mans 24 hours, nor was the Gold Coast round of the CART World Series in the early years.

The problem is the licences, racing licences are given out by the FIA or by the national governing bodies who are affiliates of the FIA, and the drivers with those licences are the ones racing in those series, therefore if things like safety or so on (eg...chicanes on the Mulsanne at Le Mans) don't please the FIA, they can just say anyone who competes will lose rights to a licence that is recognised by the FIA. Drivers competing in the 1991 Gold Coast Indycar race were threatened with this and life bans from obtaining an FIA Superlicence among other things, obviously it didn't come to that cos' Andretti drove F1 in 1993.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 14:48 (Ref:306452)   #7
Aussiefan

From the article:

Quote:
FIA President Max Mosley has told Motors TV that, [B]if necessary[B] the FIA will regulate two competing World Championships.

"If they want two championships we will regulate two championships," he said. "Our job is to be the general regulator of all motorsport. We cannot control the business."
I fail to see the uproar here, I read this as Max saying that if they want the FIA to regulate the new series then they will do so.

Old 7 Jun 2002, 02:05 (Ref:306917)   #8
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
the only thing i hope will happen in his statement is that i hope he'll retire!
Everybody (including Bernie) will eventually need to admit that Max is right, even if you don't like it.

The power has passed from the Frank and Patricks and the Eddies and Toms to the corporate boardrooms that want to use F1 (or whatever they want to call it) as a marketing vehicle.

All you need to do is count who would be driving in the Manufacturer's series with Ferrari, Honda, Toyota, BMW, Renault and Mercedes (maybe I'm missing someone)...ah...Ford (Jaguar) and it's easy to see why the threat is real.

Also, In terma of marketing power and money, Bernie may think he has tons but he's just small change compared to the coffers of Ford, Mercedes, BMW, Toyota, Renault, etc, etc.

It's Bernie who will have to kiss up and get a brown nose in the process or retire.

We may not like it and I wouldn't think "little 'ol Bernie" does either, but he succeeded in making himself an anachronism. He created a monster that's about to eat him unless he compromises. The balance of power is just too one sided.

How many people would watch a Bernie-sponsored F1 series with Frank and Patrick battling Minardi and Arrows if the alternative would be a cutting edge of technology series with Schumi, Ralf, Salo, Rubens, Trulli, and all the other drivers that would more likely go with a manufacturer?. I'm also assuming Mercedes would take David, Heidfeld and Kimi.... It's time to get real.