Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 Jul 2007, 13:49 (Ref:1964438)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Team Merchandising....

...is it worth the money?

Whilst i was up at Silverstone last week, i really took a fancy to the McLaren Jacket, until i saw the price that is! £150.

My mate liked the McLaren fleece, but didn't want to pay £75.

There were, however. Lots of people who were prepared to pay the money. The place was like a McLaaren free for all and there must have been a serious amount of money spent up there over the weekend.

Back in 2001. The bread knife bought me a BMW-Williams Jacket (my birthday always seems to fall around British GP weekend ) which was, imo, fairly reasonable at £50.

So, here we are, 6 years later, and ok, it's a different team, but the materials and style are the same and the price has gone up massively.

Other things, like team/driver caps have stayed about the same price £20 or so.

So, what are you prepared to pay for your favourite team or driver's merchandise?

I also thought, it would be a good idea to compare prices between the different countries and their respective GP's.

So, here are a list of prices that i can remember off the top of my head of different products, and i wondered how they compare to the prices elsewhere. This weekends GP at the Nurburgring being a good start. Lets see, who gets ripped off the most! (I have a feeling there are gonna be alot of unhapppy Brits on here )

McLaren Jacket £150 (221 euros/ $305 USD)
Renault Jacket £130 (192 euros/ $265 USD)
Ferrari Jacket £110 (162 euros/ $224 USD)
McLaren Fleece £75 (110 euros/ $152 USD)
Renault ING sports bag £30 (44 euros/ $61 USD)
Team caps £20 (30 euros /$45 USD)