Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 Sep 2008, 13:27 (Ref:2280068)   #1
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Development Series.. Privateer or Professional?

Going back to what Shane Beikoff said in the Fujitsu Bathurst thread, has the Development Series become too mainstream?

Ok, So it produces good racing now and then and possibly even outdoes the Main Show sometimes but I think it has become too expensive for privateer teams to surface in and compete in.. the price of cars now is almost double the price of what you could buy back in say 2003, and more so into 2004 making it more differcult to be competitive and mingle with the big boys at the front of the field.

I would like to perhaps see a budget cap introduced in order to bring privateers back as more and more pressure is being placed on Sponsors to provide funding, more stand alone rounds and perhaps the AU/VX not being phased out for another year or so... (but that wont happen because mostly everyone has upgraded correct?)

You can all choose to disagree with my above points, but if like Shane said the Development series was created to suit the more privateer rather than professional teams I say something has to be done before it gets too expensive.

p.s.. Fujitsu gets enough exposure so I called it the proper Development Series tag it is accustomed to..