Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 Jan 2023, 12:55 (Ref:4138809)   #1
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Most successful team in F1 history

I have created this thread following a discussion point in the Quiz thread in the F1 sub-forum.

The discussion revolves around the legitimacy and legacy of F1 teams' historical records. And so, for reference, I have decided to trace the many considerations in play.

From my perspective, here’s how I see it through the span of history.
Or if you want, in the context of the quiz thread, what would be the answer to the question ‘which four teams are the most successful in F1 history’? (if asked at any point in time)

The starting point is 1946 – with the first race that was contested to F1 regulations. That was won by an Alfa-Romeo.
The following year, the first ‘Grandes Épreuves’ season was held featuring 4 races.
The table now reads
TeamTotal WinsWins Grandes Épreuves
Alfa-Romeo43
Talbot-Lago11

Following this through, the first time we have four teams on the list is after the 1949 season:
TeamTotal WinsWins Grandes Épreuves
Alfa-Romeo76
Talbot-Lago33
Maserati22
Ferrari22

From 1950 onwards, I would exclude the Indy 500 winners as that event was not held to F1 regulations. We do now have a new category though; races that were held as part of the WDC.

Last edited by crmalcolm; 3 Jan 2023 at 13:10.