Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 Jun 2004, 17:19 (Ref:1011066)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Quote AA:"Why this last GP has prompted such a debate I don't know. It was nothing most teams wouldn't do (depending on situation)However it is equally clear that Ferrari do have more drastic team orders than other teams. Their choice."

Well, i would have agreed with you. BUT just one point - looking at this race and this race alone, Ferrari did nothing "more drastic" than other teams would.
That is exactly what I mean. It is this race alone that prompted this thread was not unusual for any team.

However Ferrari do have a stronger line when it comes to team orders. Notice I don't say it is wrong, but it is different and more extreme to other teams.

I think there is a merging and forgetting what is being argued here. For me it is clear that:
  • In the USGP did nothing more than most teams would have done with respect to team orders.
  • Ferrari has (and probbaly will again) impliment team orders that other teams wouldn't (and this doesn't happen that often)
  • Each situation is different and it becomes almost futile to compare
Now whether it is right or wrong is a different matter. And this is where the boundaries get blurred. I think people want to argue that, but we argue about team orders and whether they are the same as what other teams do.

(personally I accept that Ferrari have different team orders. I also say Ferrari can use team orders how they like, although I respect a team that doesn't).

I think it is as foolish to argue that Ferrari just do the same as other teams citing the USGP the proof as it is to claim that Ferrari did something different to other teams citing the USGP as proof.

Last edited by Adam43; 21 Jun 2004 at 17:22.