Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 Jun 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1015688)   #1
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Parity in F1?

There have been many discussions of just what rule changes would be needed to bring parity to F1.

As some of you know, I often question what there is about an F1 race that requires a Team to budget for trees to bring with them. I question why the need for palatial mobile offices and all the things teams do that make not one bit of difference in on-track performance.

The big problem is Money. We have teams spending upwards of $300 million per season and some spending $30 million. Seems like they should be able to limp along on a more limited budget so why not impose a "Budget Cap" of say $75 million? While this is still an outrageous amount of money, that, I believe would really level the playing field.

Thoughts?

Last edited by JohnSSC; 25 Jun 2004 at 09:30.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.