Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27 Jun 2004, 14:21 (Ref:1017549)   #1
prestonsau
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane, Australia /China
prestonsau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Next Formula One ?

Having shot my mouth off about what'sWRONG with Formula 1, I have been challenged to come up with what to put in its place. So here goes . . . .
All engines to have a facility to insert an air restriction at the intake. It will be a venturi designed, produced, & supplied by F1 Administraion. Issued and signed for by teams before the Meeting and removed, checked and retained by F1 Admin in parc ferme straight after the race. Forced injection is allowed BUT downstream of the restricter. Max oxygen content of fuel = 0.15% wt. the aim is to get power down to around 700 kW 'cos I'm certain it will increase by 50% or more during the life of the Formula.
Scrutineers have an insert that fits the restrictor location that enabless them to seal off and pressure test the induction system (a simple and open test) for leaks - specifically leaks IN. Again tests conducted before AND after the event.
That takes care of the power; now for those aerodynamics what stops overtaking . . . .
There will be a gate at pit exit that every car must drive through without touching (get the sensing from the tennis folk). Not just once but every time - if the car sits lower after your driver's had lunch - well that's tough ! I'll start with a rectangular aperture 1400mm high by 2000mm wide, but with further attention I may vary the dimensions and shape to limit wings and flaps. On the pit-lane surface, slap in the middle of the aperture is a box 90mm high by 1000mm wide (length is not material). Don't touch the box (that should fairly bugger ground effect). 10 sec. stop-go penalties for touching either.
All the safety bits in fuel tanks, lights, wheel-tethers and other gizmos are retained.
Any thoughts guys ?

Blue Flag meaning: There's a race going on an you're not in it!