Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 Nov 2004, 09:54 (Ref:1141900)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
GARRA is going through a boom period at the moment but as happened in BPR GT and now FIA GT, within a year or two the lesser teams will drop out.
Let us hope that the ALMS or LMES don't have a successful period then, it could mean the end

Seriously. The only thing I would say against the ALMS is that there is a lack of depth. We need more high level cars out their and I think the need for four classes perhaps shows this. Although I am unsure.

The easiest way to get new cars is for there to be more customer cars (in a 962-esque way). The odd thing is that there are a few of these cars out there. Ones that are competitive too. I would like to see a backbone of half a dozen or so cars from the same manufacturer. Ideally getting podiums and the odd win. That goes for GTS as well as LMP1.

GT has this although perhaps too much the other way, although it does provide a stable backbone if a team leaves and hopefully allow others to compete (360, Panoz...) without being dependent on the new entrants. I'm back to the start of the thread here!

With any luck the ALMS and LMES might be able to feed off each other. I would like them to remain separate and see no reason to rush to a world championship. I don't think enough teams want that.