Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 Nov 2004, 10:18 (Ref:1159094)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm about to rant, and I'm sorry.

There are two team owners whom I would never, EVER, "welcome" back into the ChampCar paddock.

The ones who actually took the time to blow up the bridges before they burned them.

Somebody, very recently, put in a bid on Cosworth. Similar to what Judge Otte was confronted with, this person put more dollars onto the table than KK and GF did. Where did all of that come from? Suppose there were invisible partners? Also similar was the fact that they lost. What was that all about? Said team is not even running Cosworth engines!

End-Game is near. I can predict what we're gonna be talking about exactly one year from today.

And it's all good. There will be one series in 2007.

In my opinion, this Cosworth deal will end up being more of a major factor than we realize right now. Neither Honda nor Toyota wish to be the sole engine supplier to the IRL - they have little to gain from that exposure. The "bragging rights" lay with the race in Indy, said bragging rights would be negated if there was no competition. History may repeat itself, if one bails out the other may follow suit.

And then what have you got?
Nothing.
Tony never saw this coming. That's why there was a last-minute, big-dollar, effort to avert it.

And after hearing KK on WindTunnel the other night, let me tell ya that for the first time in a long time, I'm not afraid of the future!

Rant over.