Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Oct 2005, 02:44 (Ref:1428993)   #1
Big Mac
Racer

Big Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castrol Perkins SC - Was it really needed?

I was just wondering what everyone’s thoughts were on the second last safety car to remove the Castrol Perkins car between Reid Park and McPhillamy.

I for one thought it was a tad unnecessary. There was a hole in the was about 150 meters in front of where the car stopped yet race control still threw out the SC and look at the results…

Don’t get me wrong, I’m aware that Reid Park is a very quick and dangerous part of the mountain. But the Perkins car was well out of the way and surely a stationary or double waved yellows would have been sufficient for the period it took for the marshals to move the Perkins car or even for the remaining race laps.

Now look at the consequences of the SC action by Race Control. SBR and Orrcon have seriously bent machinery (ditto for PWR/Murphy car) with only a couple of weeks to get them right before the Gold Coast. Ambrose has lost the championship lead and we saw him and Murph on the verge of going 9 rounds in The Dipper, which is sprayed all across the media. Is this the way that AVESCO want the series portrayed in the media? Is this the level of sensationalism that the series is stooping to and looking for? I sincerely hope not.

All as a result of a seemingly unwarranted Safety Car...

(Mods-If this has been discussed else where, please merge or close.)